Flashbacks

UNTFan94

As I pulled into my driveway tonight, I couldn’t help but have flashbacks. On a night where emotions were high considering our best start to the season in decades, the honoring of Mean Joe, and the INCREDIBLE home field advantage - I couldn’t help but find myself having this unique feeling that I’ve had before at one point. And no, it was not the nachos that I had in the 2nd quarter (LOL). Rather, this loss tonight felt eerily similar to that game against Portland State under McCarney just a few years ago.

For both games, it felt like the end of an era. Don’t get me wrong; Littrell and company have done a great job up to this point. However, I can’t shake this feeling that they were the staff meant to get us out of the hole - but sadly unable to bring us into the clouds, if you will. I truly believe we have outgrown this staff. 

In order to take us to the next step, I am convinced we need some out of the box thinking. Maybe Mean Joe himself would be interested in the gig? I don’t know the answer, to be honest. In the back of my mind, I can’t help but think Todd Dodge could have unprecedented success here with the new administration, facilities, and support. We saw what he did at Southlake, and what he was slowly doing here for us. Ultimately, I don’t know the answer. 

But I do know this: Littrell has been huge for us, but this feeling I got was not wrong. It’s time for a change.

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 5
  • Ray 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 33

3 minutes ago, UNTFan94 said:

As I pulled into my driveway tonight, I couldn’t help but have flashbacks. On a night where emotions were high considering our best start to the season in decades, the honoring of Mean Joe, and the INCREDIBLE home field advantage - I couldn’t help but find myself having this unique feeling that I’ve had before at one point. And no, it was not the nachos that I had in the 2nd quarter (LOL). Rather, this loss tonight felt eerily similar to that game against Portland State under McCarney just a few years ago.

For both games, it felt like the end of an era. Don’t get me wrong; Littrell and company have done a great job up to this point. However, I can’t shake this feeling that they were the staff meant to get us out of the hole - but sadly unable to bring us into the clouds, if you will. I truly believe we have outgrown this staff. 

In order to take us to the next step, I am convinced we need some out of the box thinking. Maybe Mean Joe himself would be interested in the gig? I don’t know the answer, to be honest. In the back of my mind, I can’t help but think Todd Dodge could have unprecedented success here with the new administration, facilities, and support. We saw what he did at Southlake, and what he was slowly doing here for us. Ultimately, I don’t know the answer. 

But I do know this: Littrell has been huge for us, but this feeling I got was not wrong. It’s time for a change.

You pick us to be 4-1 at the beginning of the season? 

1 hour ago, UNTFan94 said:

A bad night when most all went wrong with one mistake after another &  we still lost by only 2 points?  

This game reminded me of the Florida Gator game 2 years ago in Mason Fine's freshman year when our All Star QB was running for his life most of the game (sorta' like tonight).:(

Our offensive line couldn't block a quick La Tech defense so Mason Fine could play his usual set up & pass YET he was running for his life & didn't have time to do that.  Did we all see how the La Tech QB  had so much time to set and pass?  

A game winning field goal & we're all on cloud 9.  

We have the right group at the right time IMHO.   Look who Seth Littrell has inspired to take us over the top with the upcoming new Indoor Practice Facility with 2 record breaking athletic dept. donations in 2 weeks worth $5.5 million?

The best team won tonight, but we kinda' helped them out with gifts (mistakes) and (yes) the Referees were terrible.  Missing holding calls on La Tech's offensive line was part of that, too.  PLUS......the 2 point conversion was good as the Jumbotron replayed it 3 difference times to prove that point.   

On a brighter side TAMU made our win over Arkansas look even better to with their 7 point loss to the Aggies. 

Life goes on...

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

The best team won tonight, but we kinda' helped them out with gifts (mistakes) and (yes) the Referees were terrible.  Missing holding calls on La Tech's offensive line was part of that, too.  PLUS......the 2 point conversion was good as the Jumbotron replayed it 3 difference times to prove that point.  

The best team tonight won.  The best team lost.

The 2 point conversion was not good.  It was short by a foot or two. 

• Haha 2
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, NorthTexan95 said:

The best team tonight won.  The best team lost.

The 2 point conversion was not good.  It was short by a foot or two. 

I'm extremely nearsighted even with binoculars. :)  

Just heart sick for some kids who wanted to win on quite an eventful day for all Mean Greener's everywhere.  

Exciting times in Mean Green Country to say the least.  I was happy &  proud of everyone I saw today.  A successful field goal and we're all ready to conquer Texas A & M who didn't exactly handle the Razorbacks as our Mean Green did.   I know you can't compare scores but college football fans do all the time.  

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Haha 2

On 9/29/2018 at 11:19 PM, UNTFan94 said:

Todd Dodge??  

0C47578A-B43F-44D0-BB66-0C3231DCE37A.gif

Edited by emmitt01
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 3
  • Ray 1

Littrell took a dumpster fire at 1-11 and created a team that goes to bowls, to a conference championship competitor. I think your post is trolling IMO.

We have a coach who believed in a historical quarterback and paid off, has brought a program that is a few hundred short of selling out Apogee, and has worked to get us a season record we have not seen since Joe Greene was a player here at this point of the season. 

Be patient and wait until the end of the season before you make a bold statement like this after a 2 point loss to a solid conference contender..

Edited by GreenTexan13

Worst football related post ever?

If posts were football games, this post would be Portland State. We lost by two points to a good team. Everything that could go wrong, did, and we still NEARLY won. Littrell took a 1-11 team, has us at 4-1, receiving national publicity, and going to bowls. Your post is why people should step back, count to 10, and ask if what you're about to post makes any sense. 

The audience is now dumber for reading your nonsense. I award you no points, and may Seth Littrell have mercy on your soul. 

• Upvote 2

fake basketball wives GIF by VH1

• Haha 2

Related image