Under Seth Littrell, UNT is now 6-1 in one score games

NorthTexan95

2 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

I want wins that we can have some damn pride in... 

You can be proud of winning any game you win. Winning is hard, if you had followed NT for any length of time you should know that. We've done very little of it for a few decades.

If the only thing you are going to be happy with is winning by 20+ then go file Alabama. Be warned though, even they lose sometimes.

2 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

ever think that might be more of a you thing than a team thing?

The team and players have tweeted about the lack of support and fans in the stands... 

You know why? Because we have been trash for years, and we are happy with a 1-point win over a LT playing with nearly 25 guys on the injury report and countless more going down during the game.. But yet after the UAB game everyone was saying it should have been by more... Fans are already posting here they are happy with a 1 point win over UTEP and Rice... 

You want to get students and fans attention, go lay a damn beatdown on someone our size, not a lamar... 

• Confused 1
  • Downvote 13

1 minute ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

The team and players have tweeted about the lack of support and fans in the stands... 

You know why? Because we have been trash for years, and we are happy with a 1-point win over a LT playing with nearly 25 guys on the injury report and countless more going down during the game.. But yet after the UAB game everyone was saying it should have been by more... Fans are already posting here they are happy with a 1 point win over UTEP and Rice... 

You want to get students and fans attention, go lay a damn beatdown on someone our size, not a lamar... 

We don't have a full roster either, with scholarship kids.  I'd guess 25 percent of which had no other offer except UNT.  Carry on. 

4 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

so, in short, no...no you don't think it says anything about you.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 1

22 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

You can be proud of winning any game you win. Winning is hard, if you had followed NT for any length of time you should know that. We've done very little of it for a few decades.

If the only thing you are going to be happy with is winning by 20+ then go file Alabama. Be warned though, even they lose sometimes.

in the words of the great philosopher, Dom Toretto:

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

The funny thing is I have followed UNT since the NO Bowl run, going to the bowl game vs Memphis...

Yes we can be proud and should be following a W, and never said I was not proud... The difference between the fans on my side and the other fans is that people are happy about a 1-point win... We had the #16 offense going up vs backups and only manage 24 points, among other things...

Yes it was a big W and solid in terms of the name of the program, but this is not a W that we will look back and be like wow, nor was it a W that will likely have much of an affect on recruiting like the UTSA game did (but I have no information on that)...

I'm not only happy with a 20+ win but damn give me a touchdown, give me more than 1 point.. Heck the ODU game was even to close for a team of ODU record alot of us felt.. This team has ALOT to prove to fans after the beatdown at FAU, and the ODU/LT games are improvements but it not going performances to write home about.. Give us a USM performance that we play shutdown defense and move the damn ball. 

24 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

We don't have a full roster either, with scholarship kids.  I'd guess 25 percent of which had no other offer except UNT.  Carry on. 

Who cares if they only have an offer from UNT.. They have a damn offer.. We have people on here critical of Bean and he had multiple D1 offers..

We have guys with 0 offers that are some of the best players at their spots.. Lawrence has out performed Guyton in most games, Fine out performed Morris and he has beaten Quinn and his OSU offer...  

Dilliman multiple offers and he hasn't touched the field but Khari has... Carry on!

• Confused 1
  • Downvote 5

20 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

The funny thing is I have followed UNT since the NO Bowl run, going to the bowl game vs Memphis...

Yes we can be proud and should be following a W, and never said I was not proud... The difference between the fans on my side and the other fans is that people are happy about a 1-point win... We had the #16 offense going up vs backups and only manage 24 points, among other things...

Yes it was a big W and solid in terms of the name of the program, but this is not a W that we will look back and be like wow, nor was it a W that will likely have much of an affect on recruiting like the UTSA game did (but I have no information on that)...

I'm not only happy with a 20+ win but damn give me a touchdown, give me more than 1 point.. Heck the ODU game was even to close for a team of ODU record alot of us felt.. This team has ALOT to prove to fans after the beatdown at FAU, and the ODU/LT games are improvements but it not going performances to write home about.. Give us a USM performance that we play shutdown defense and move the damn ball. 

Who cares if they only have an offer from UNT.. They have a damn offer.. We have people on here critical of Bean and he had multiple D1 offers..

We have guys with 0 offers that are some of the best players at their spots.. Lawrence has out performed Guyton in most games, Fine out performed Morris and he has beaten Quinn and his OSU offer...  

Dilliman multiple offers and he hasn't touched the field but Khari has... Carry on!

Good job picking out the acceptions.  ;) and Guyton > Lawrence 

Just now, GMG24 said:

Good job picking out the acceptions.  ;) and Guyton > Lawrence 

Its easy to pick out guys who performed that had 0 offers, and others that have had offers... Its also very easy to find guys with offers that have under performed as well... 

I think you mean exceptions?

But, carry on..

• Downvote 2

There are numerous examples of great, championship teams playing close games against teams they, on paper, should have beaten easily.

The fact is we win these games.  Teams that show grit and win are the kinds that become champions.  Teams that blow out everyone tend to not know how to react when someone punches them in the mouth.

We'll be ready for the CUSA championship game.  We are battle hardened.  It'll show.

• Upvote 6
  • Lovely Take 1

10 minutes ago, CMJ said:

There are numerous examples of great, championship teams playing close games against teams they, on paper, should have beaten easily.

The fact is we win these games.  Teams that show grit and win are the kinds that become champions.  Teams that blow out everyone tend to not know how to react when someone punches them in the mouth.

We'll be ready for the CUSA championship game.  We are battle hardened.  It'll show.

That is understandable but we should expect more out of the  #16 offense... 

Edited by BTG_Fan1
  • Confused 2
  • Downvote 5

You know why? Because we have been trash for years, and we are happy with a 1-point win over a LT playing with nearly 25 guys on the injury report and countless more going down during the game.

You can cut this crap about how bad La Tech is because it's just not true.  First, they still have plenty of starters in their lineup and they still have their starting quarterback which is THE most important position.  Secondly, in spite of their injuries they lost to South Carolina by 1, UAB by 2, USM by 7, and us by 1.  Change a few plays and they are the ones locking up the division instead of us.

You really need to stop it because at this point you're just embarrassing yourself.  

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1

1 hour ago, NorthTexan95 said:

You can cut this crap about how bad La Tech is because it's just not true.  First, they still have plenty of starters in their lineup and they still have their starting quarterback which is THE most important position.  Secondly, in spite of their injuries they lost to South Carolina by 1, UAB by 2, USM by 7, and us by 1.  Change a few plays and they are the ones locking up the division instead of us.

You really need to stop it because at this point you're just embarrassing yourself.  

Then ignore me if you don’t agreee...

That is understandable but we should expect more out of the  #16 offense... 

The offense has carried this team most of the way. 

Yes, LATech is pretty banged up.  Yes, that should open the door for a wider margin of victory than what occurred... but the offense came out a little flat.   
What has me excited about this win was
1. ST's didn't blow it for us (No punt returns, very little kick return yardage, no kicking/snapping snafus) as we all hold our breath every time ST's is out there.
2. Defense stepping up to hold LATech's offense to under their average (29.6pts/gm), which, sadly, is not the norm for this D.

The offense (well, passing game) didn't have it clicking yesterday like they normally do.  That would normally spell doom for the Mean Green.   So yes, there is room for improvement there.  I still believe, as do the coaches/team, that we haven't seen this team hit on all cylinders yet.  I'm just glad the other 2 phases stepped up to help the offense win yesterday.   THAT is what's encouraging to me.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, CMJ said:

Great point. It’s certanly a positive that we can win these games without consistently performing at our highest levels. Expectations are beginning to change around here for the better. Two years from 1-11...

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

3 minutes ago, AustinFromUNT said:

Good teams find a way to win, bad teams find excuses for losing. We won. Would I loved to have blown them out? Heck yeah! Am I happy that we have beaten every team in the West we’ve played? Heck yeah! Am I going to go to every home game regardless of if we win by 1 or lose by 39? HECK YEAH!

Coach McCarney?  Is that you?

• Haha 5

8 hours ago, CMJ said:

Now that is the most true and best statement on this topic yet.

1 hour ago, Caw Caw said:

I agree, but 80 Schollies at UNT doesn't mean 80 guys you want on the field for more than a couple snaps.

Of the 80 scholarships over half are SLs recruits.. I have Defended the recruiting in the past but his first clas was more than 25 but some did not make it and his most recent class was 20 that’s 45 total scholarships.. 

Depth was not a problem for UNT like it was for LT.. LT a number of guys during the game and had 25+ on the injury report. They had to move a safety to LB mid game. Yes the talent they have at roster spot 80 maybe better than our 80th man but our 80th man was not on the field yesterday and there’s was..

• Confused 1