Under Seth Littrell, UNT is now 6-1 in one score games

NorthTexan95

1 minute ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

games we won by 3 (on a last second FG) and 7 point win... Nothing to write home about...

Instead of us just winning because we made 1 more play than someone else, lets win by because we dominated.. like we did for 3 Qtrs vs USM... 

Maybe young players are doing young player kinds of things, hence the inconsistency?

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

2 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

games we won by 3 (on a last second FG) and 7 point win... Nothing to write home about...

Instead of us just winning because we made 1 more play than someone else, lets win by because we dominated.. like we did for 3 Qtrs vs USM... 

This isn't a movie.  You can't just write a script and make it happen.  There is another team on the field each week.  We are not a good enough team to blow out other conference teams each week.   The FAU game should have given you a clue about that.  You degrade the UAB win but they are second in the division with a one point win over this same La Tech team and also beat USM.   You down grade the ODU win but they nearly (maybe should of) beat WKU the week before. 

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, UNTFan23 said:

Maybe young players are doing young player kinds of things, hence the inconsistency?

Again its not the young guys making errors...The young guys are playing well, look at the skill players..

The OL is struggling, Mayfield had multiple missed blocks, again how many young guys are playing on the OL?

The defense is still missing tackles, again mostly JR/SR on defense.. DBs looking completely lost on a duck pass is thrown up on 4th and 2 for something like a 30 yard gain..

Using Wilson on 18 carries before the final drive, when Fine and Nic Smith had 18 combine as well.. Wilson was the best player on the field and running with a purpose but we went away from him ... 

• Confused 1
  • Downvote 2

27 minutes ago, NorthTexan95 said:

This isn't a movie.  You can't just write a script and make it happen.  There is another team on the field each week.  We are not a good enough team to blow out other conference teams each week.   The FAU game should have given you a clue about that.  You degrade the UAB win but they are second in the division with a one point win over this same La Tech team and also beat USM.   You down grade the ODU win but they nearly (maybe should of) beat WKU the week before. 

I degrade it because MOST EVERYONE here said we should win by double digits.. and people were pissed we won by 3, look at the game thread... ODU nearly beat us.... Again our only impressive W this year is USM... We still have given up more points than we have scored this year (believe we are now at -3 after LT)..  

For example, we beat UAB and LT by a combined 4 points, I believe UTSA lost to UNT and USM by a combine 4 or 5 points.. Yes its great we got the W, but these are not statement wins like we want to make it out to be.

We can say that FAU should proved whatever, but yet we dominated USM... 

---------------------------------------------

Also, just watched the SL post game interview... He even said it is great to pull out Ws like this, but these are games you can easily lose...

Edited by BTG_Fan1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 6

43 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

I degrade it because MOST EVERYONE here said we should win by double digits.. and people were pissed we won by 3, look at the game thread... ODU nearly beat us.... Again our only impressive W this year is USM... We still have given up more points than we have scored this year (believe we are now at -3 after LT)..  

For example, we beat UAB and LT by a combined 4 points, I believe UTSA lost to UNT and USM by a combine 4 or 5 points.. Yes its great we got the W, but these are not statement wins like we want to make it out to be.

We can say that FAU should proved whatever, but yet we dominated USM... 

---------------------------------------------

Also, just watched the SL post game interview... He even said it is great to pull out Ws like this, but these are games you can easily lose...

I really don't understand what your arguing about anymore.  

We may not have any wins that impresses you but being 5-1 in conference is VERY impressive.  Winning all these close games is VERY impressive.  We have not played a complete game all year (except maybe Lamar) but we're still 6-3 and that is VERY impressive.  We could easily be 4-5 and out of the conference race but we're not and that is VERY impressive.   We were 1-11 two years ago and now finding ways to win and that is VERY impressive.  

If you're not impressed by what this team and coaches are accomplishing this season then you should just move on to root for Alabama as they may be the only team you will be happy with. 

• Upvote 5
  • Lovely Take 1

4 minutes ago, NorthTexan95 said:

I really don't understand what your arguing about anymore.  

We may not have any wins that impresses you but being 5-1 in conference is VERY impressive.  Winning all these close games is VERY impressive.  We have not played a complete game all year (except maybe Lamar) but we're still 6-3 and that is VERY impressive.  We could easily be 4-5 and out of the conference race but we're not and that is VERY impressive.   We were 1-11 two years ago and now finding ways to win and that is VERY impressive.  

If you're not impressed by what this team and coaches are accomplishing this season then you should just move on to root for Alabama as they may be the only team you will be happy with. 

What I have been saying from the start is this is not a great win like people think.. Yes its looks like a good win because the team we beat name is LT, but they were wrecked by injuries. Yes we can only play who is on the field, but again our 1st team could only manage 24 points vs a handful of 1st team guys with a bunch of 2nd and 3rd teamers playing? LT had to move a safety  down to LB in the middle of the game and we still went away from the run...  People keep bring up "depth", we only have had a handful of injuries compared to LT having nearly 3/4th of their roster miss 1 game this year... 

UNT should have won by double digits because of the # of injuries that LT had going into the game, and the # of injuries they had during the game... This team yes got the W and pulled it out, but it should have won by more... 

The stats on offense and the overall record are impressive, but the defense has been historically bad.. Yes they had time they were good, but the low far outweigh the highs.. The Offense while solid, got FAR TO LONG with these droughts of doing nothing.. ST is hit or miss and they are still trying out new things in week 9.. This season could easily be totally different if the UAB, UTSA, LT games go the other way.. We won 3 games by a combined 7 points.. Yes those are great because "we found a way to win" but even SL said, its easy for those to go the other way..

Stop comparing this team to the 1-11 team.. Those teams are totally and SL has a # of "his guys" playing on both offense and defense.. 

I never once was said i was not impressed with this staff... I've said it multiple times in the past.. I would have been happy taking a top 60/70 offense up from 117 last year, and a defense that in the 60/70s (believe they were around that last year, maybe even into the 80s)... Yes SL and the staff have turned thing around but some things have regressed.. The defense played well today (at times and props to them) but again gives up the lame duck hail-mary shotput passes on 4th and 2... Crap tackling, and extended droughts on offense... We can keep singing the praise of this team, and i get it they are winning and its something to be proud of.. But these wins are not solid, put someone away wins.. If you had told any of us we would 4-0 vs the West teams we have played, we would take it and run, but out of the CUSA games we have played we are 5-1 and have given up more points than we have allowed (around -10)... 

Funny that you compare us to Bama, they are not happy with 1 point wins.. they are not happy or making excuses for giving up a conference record in terms of yardage, nor are those players who win a lot more than UNT getting a big head after beating UTSA to lay an egg vs FAU...

5 minutes ago, jtm0097 said:

We’re 6-3 and 1 win away from clinching the division, and yet some of you are still bitching and complaining. No wonder Dickey called this fan base a bunch of M’Fers.

LMAO, everyone is happy by the W...

Some of us just want a bigger point spread to show we are legit and not getting by on luck or people saying we made 1 more play than them...

Sorry you (and others) are okay with 1 point wins... Just like how people would be happy with a 1 point W vs UTEP and Rice... We should be rolling on offense through CUSA, but we aren't... 

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 7

4 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

What I have been saying from the start is this is not a great win like people think.. Yes its looks like a good win because the team we beat name is LT, but they were wrecked by injuries. Yes we can only play who is on the field, but again our 1st team could only manage 24 points vs a handful of 1st team guys with a bunch of 2nd and 3rd teamers playing? LT had to move a safety  down to LB in the middle of the game and we still went away from the run...  People keep bring up "depth", we only have had a handful of injuries compared to LT having nearly 3/4th of their roster miss 1 game this year... 

UNT should have won by double digits because of the # of injuries that LT had going into the game, and the # of injuries they had during the game... This team yes got the W and pulled it out, but it should have won by more... 

The stats on offense and the overall record are impressive, but the defense has been historically bad.. Yes they had time they were good, but the low far outweigh the highs.. The Offense while solid, got FAR TO LONG with these droughts of doing nothing.. ST is hit or miss and they are still trying out new things in week 9.. This season could easily be totally different if the UAB, UTSA, LT games go the other way.. We won 3 games by a combined 7 points.. Yes those are great because "we found a way to win" but even SL said, its easy for those to go the other way..

Stop comparing this team to the 1-11 team.. Those teams are totally and SL has a # of "his guys" playing on both offense and defense.. 

I never once was said i was not impressed with this staff... I've said it multiple times in the past.. I would have been happy taking a top 60/70 offense up from 117 last year, and a defense that in the 60/70s (believe they were around that last year, maybe even into the 80s)... Yes SL and the staff have turned thing around but some things have regressed.. The defense played well today (at times and props to them) but again gives up the lame duck hail-mary shotput passes on 4th and 2... Crap tackling, and extended droughts on offense... We can keep singing the praise of this team, and i get it they are winning and its something to be proud of.. But these wins are not solid, put someone away wins.. If you had told any of us we would 4-0 vs the West teams we have played, we would take it and run, but out of the CUSA games we have played we are 5-1 and have given up more points than we have allowed (around -10)... 

Funny that you compare us to Bama, they are not happy with 1 point wins.. they are not happy or making excuses for giving up a conference record in terms of yardage, nor are those players who win a lot more than UNT getting a big head after beating UTSA to lay an egg vs FAU...

Some of us just want a bigger point spread to show we are legit and not getting by on luck or people saying we made 1 more play than them...

Sorry you (and others) are okay with 1 point wins... Just like how people would be happy with a 1 point W vs UTEP and Rice... We should be rolling on offense through CUSA, but we aren't... 

so you care more about point spread victories than victories themselves???  

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, THOR said:

so you care more about point spread victories than victories themselves???  

I want wins that we can have some damn pride in... Also, isn't a point spread victory still a victory? 

Students and fans look and see we beat LT by 1, they think and say oh UNT got lucky...I beat something like 90% of UNT students/alumni have no idea LT is a solid g5 team..

What was more impressive? The USM win by double digits or the LT by 1... It was the USM win... 

Edited by BTG_Fan1
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 5

5 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

La Tech was a 4 point favorite not sure how the point spread comes into play. We have the number 2 offense in the conference. 

1 minute ago, jtm0097 said:

La Tech was a 4 point favorite not sure how the point spread comes into play. We have the number 2 offense in the conference. 

and the home team gets 3 points... 

We have the #2 offense in CUSA, and we only score 24 points vs a bunch of 2nd and 3rd teamers! We scored more points vs SMU and FAU backups... 

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 3

2 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

We have the #2 offense in CUSA, and we only score 24 points vs a bunch of 2nd and 3rd teamers! We scored more points vs SMU and FAU backups... 

So you are happy that our offense performed in garbage time? This was a quality win against a quality opponent. La Tech lost to South Carolina, UAB, and Southern Miss by a combined total of 9 points. Log off and enjoy the win.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

BTG... let's stop dancing around the issue. what's really going on here... what are you really mad about after a glorious win today?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, jtm0097 said:

So you are happy that our offense performed in garbage time? This was a quality win against a quality opponent. La Tech lost to South Carolina, UAB, and Southern Miss by a combined total of 9 points. Log off and enjoy the win.

You totally miss the point.. The excuses that people say like “depth” is pointless when you look and see this offense moved it vs FAU and SMU In trash time vs backups but yet couldn’t move vs LT.. Yes it was trash time, but this offense was able to move it vs quality back ups then but couldn’t today?

You can talk about how much a quality opponent that LT because they lost by 9 points to those teams and it’s funny you bring it up.. Those 3 teams are better than UAB, UTSA, and LT and we beat them by a combined 7 points.. Again, 7 points is the difference between a 5-1 record and a 2-4 record.. 

again no UNT is pissed about the W... what people are disappointed in is that this was a chance to put up big #s and we did not..

1 minute ago, golfingomez said:

BTG... let's stop dancing around the issue. what's really going on here... what are you really mad about after a glorious win today?

I’ve said it over and over.. This LT was banged up and had a # of injuries before and during the game.. 

We should have had a better day on offense and defense.. The same mistakes keep coming up from poor DB play to extended cold streaks from the offense.. Wilson dominates early and should be feed the ball, but yet he gets only 50% of the carries with fine getting around 30%.. On top of the same coaching mistakes that continue to be made..

People are just happy about the W because it’s LT, but yet after UAB most everyone was pissed it was only a 3 point win.. 

• Confused 1
  • Downvote 2

36 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

I want wins that we can have some damn pride in... Also, isn't a point spread victory still a victory? 

Students and fans look and see we beat LT by 1, they think and say oh UNT got lucky...I beat something like 90% of UNT students/alumni have no idea LT is a solid g5 team..

What was more impressive? The USM win by double digits or the LT by 1... It was the USM win... 

We can be proud of close games? Is that what you are saying?

5 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

You totally miss the point.. The excuses that people say like “depth” is pointless when you look and see this offense moved it vs FAU and SMU In trash time vs backups but yet couldn’t move vs LT.. Yes it was trash time, but this offense was able to move it vs quality back ups then but couldn’t today?

You can talk about how much a quality opponent that LT because they lost by 9 points to those teams and it’s funny you bring it up.. Those 3 teams are better than UAB, UTSA, and LT and we beat them by a combined 7 points.. Again, 7 points is the difference between a 5-1 record and a 2-4 record.. 

again no UNT is pissed about the W... what people are disappointed in is that this was a chance to put up big #s and we did not..

I’ve said it over and over.. This LT was banged up and had a # of injuries before and during the game.. 

We should have had a better day on offense and defense.. The same mistakes keep coming up from poor DB play to extended cold streaks from the offense.. Wilson dominates early and should be feed the ball, but yet he gets only 50% of the carries with fine getting around 30%.. On top of the same coaching mistakes that continue to be made..

People are just happy about the W because it’s LT, but yet after UAB most everyone was pissed it was only a 3 point win.. 

ok everyone! you heard the man, STOP BEING HAPPY ABOUT THE W!!!

I swear to GOD if i catch even ONE of you with a smile on your face after today, letting your coworkers no about this game, or looking for highlights to cheer yourself up... I will slap your face OFF YOUR FACE!

do not spread excitement about this team and i expect each and every one of you to write a letter to Wren, TONIGHT, to let him know that he, along with the rest of the AD, is walking on thin ice...

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, golfingomez said:

ok everyone! you heard the man, STOP BEING HAPPY ABOUT THE W!!!

I swear to GOD if i catch even ONE of you with a smile on your face after today, letting your coworkers no about this game, or looking for highlights to cheer yourself up... I will slap your face OFF YOUR FACE!

do not spread excitement about this team and i expect each and every one of you to write a letter to Wren, TONIGHT, to let him know that he, along with the rest of the AD, is walking on thin ice...

Can’t even use the entire sentence for your point?

15 minutes ago, UNTFan23 said:

We can be proud of close games? Is that what you are saying?

We are proud a 1 Point win to LT, but yet people were pissed after a 3 point win vs UAB (who I said so WOULD be a challenge)... 

Makes sense

• Sad 1
  • Downvote 3

3 hours ago, UNTFan23 said:

We're heavy on Freshman and Sophomores on the roster right now though:

Class** Class Count  
Freshman 27
RS Freshman 12
Sophomore 11
RS Sophomore 17
Junior 12
RS Junior 21
Senior 11
RS Senior 8

**I'm not sure how precise these numbers are but they should be pretty close.

It is really about the two deep. 

I am just glad on these tight games we are wining how many did we lose with Dodge? This team will get better and so will the depth. 

8 minutes ago, KingDL1 said:

It is really about the two deep. 

I am just glad on these tight games we are wining how many did we lose with Dodge? This team will get better and so will the depth. 

I agree. We're not quite to 85 scholarships but we're close.

It's stressful for fans to watch the games grind out but before we use to lose these kinds of games; this season we're winning them.