Under Seth Littrell, UNT is now 6-1 in one score games

NorthTexan95

5 minutes ago, GreenN'walinsVet said:

I think we sometimes forget how YOUNG this team is...Yes they shouldn't be that close, but i contribute that to inexperience in both the coaching staff and the players.  

Very encouraging to me, this team is finding a way to win, despite the youth.

Now that I agree with. They are young and are outperforming any and all expectations. It's just frustrating to watch them get out-coached, but I know they are a team on the rise.

• Downvote 7

7 minutes ago, LongJim said:

To some fans, that's a sign of a "less bad" team--or one of relative suck--instead of a team doing what is necessary to win. 

Ah but at GMG folks damn a 5-1 conference record with faint praise qualifications.

This is 100% me. And should be 100% of all of us. I get some games should be close given the opponent. But against the inferior opponents that seem to be clearly outmatched with johnny and joe's, we're still finding ways to let them linger around and squeak em out. It's not a recipe for consistency. Eventually, these games will start falling the other way, even vs the lesser competition. And that is what worries me moving forward. Either way, awesome win and I'm excited for next week. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 16

1 minute ago, LongJim said:

You wear me out man.  You really do.  I love your tenacity, but no--it shouldn't be 100% of us.  College football is a fickle beast.  Any given Saturday, things can happen.

Have a Coke and a smile every now and then, for Pete's sake.

The ODU and UAB game are examples to what I am saying. That is all. No reason or way those games should've been close. But we found a way to let them be. We should all think that way, no? 

And nothing will surprise me vs our last 2 conference opponents of the season due to this. I would not be surprised at all to see us win Homecoming 24-21 or lose 28-24. It's calling playing to your opponent, and we do that here a lot. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 7

7 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

This is 100% me. And should be 100% of all of us. I get some games should be close given the opponent. But against the inferior opponents that seem to be clearly outmatched with johnny and joe's, we're still finding ways to let them linger around and squeak em out. It's not a recipe for consistency. Eventually, these games will start falling the other way, even vs the lesser competition. And that is what worries me moving forward. Either way, awesome win and I'm excited for next week. 

I disagree with this. Eventually, this team will be filled with upperclassmen with experience and will have learned how to put games away against inferior opponents. This is a very young team. They will learn and get better. Next year, I expect this team to roll through conference. 

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 2

1 minute ago, GMG_Dallas said:

I disagree with this. Eventually, this team will be filled with upperclassmen with experience and will have learned how to put games away against inferior opponents. This is a very young team. They will learn and get better. Next year, I expect this team to roll through conference. 

Every team will be filled with upperclassmen. All these games we are winning by 1-2-3-4 points, they will have upperclassmen too. 

• Downvote 4

Just now, GreenN'walinsVet said:

Seems to me we made more in game adjustments to the point of WINNING the game.

I don't think we did. We made halftime adjustments and then LAT didn't adjust much in the 2nd half like they did in the first. I am not complaining about the win, I just think it will catch up to us. Not this year because we should completely dominate UTEP and Rice. Would love to beat Army for record purposes, but it is not necessary. It's a young coaching staff and they will get better.

• Downvote 4

14 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

So, just to be clear... you think we are out recruiting all these teams?

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Venson said:

Maybe it doesn't, but our coaching staff was making worse decisions than LAT and LAT was making in game adjustments and we were not.

What?   So just how did that fourth quarter go?  Or the fourth quarter in our last game?  Or the fourth quarter in all of our conference wins?  

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Venson said:

I am glad he wins close ones, but some of those games should not be close.

Agreed, yes its a Win.. but I would like to win some of these guys by double digits, and we should be winning most of these games by double digits... 

2 minutes ago, Caw Caw said:

I've said it a million times. This teams weakness is depth. We have the players but not enough that we can trust so our guys don't get so burnt out.

We have 80 guys on scholarship now.. Its not just depth, its the at times lack of focus...

17 minutes ago, GreenN'walinsVet said:

I think we sometimes forget how YOUNG this team is...Yes they shouldn't be that close, but i contribute that to inexperience in both the coaching staff and the players.  

Very encouraging to me, this team is finding a way to win, despite the youth.

I could understand youth, but this defense does not have much youth playing right now.. Yes the offense does have some youth (just look at the skill position core) but they have been the best of the best.. 

Its very encouraging, the young guys but it has been very disappointing at times as well. I've said it before and will say it again.. Yes we went through the buzz-saw of CUSA from UAB till LAT (with 1 easy team in ODU).. We need to go out and dominate UTEP/Rice and hope this offense can hit its stride and throw it all over Army.. This is when this team needs put up some great #s and show recruits we are over #OldDenton

• Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, Venson said:

I don't think we did. We made halftime adjustments and then LAT didn't adjust much in the 2nd half like they did in the first. I am not complaining about the win, I just think it will catch up to us. Not this year because we should completely dominate UTEP and Rice. Would love to beat Army for record purposes, but it is not necessary. It's a young coaching staff and they will get better.

lol... we made halftime adjustments...  then we came back to win the game because they didnt adjust?

hahahahhahahaha

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, NorthTexan95 said:

What?   So just how did that fourth quarter go?  Or the fourth quarter in our last game?  Or the fourth quarter in all of our conference wins?  

We probably won't agree on the coaching. I see our coaching staff as being outperformed because we have more talent than the other team. That's okay if we don't agree on that. One thing we can agree on is we are glad UNT is winning. I hope we can agree on that.

• Downvote 2