DRC: Breaking news -- English out with broken foot

Brett Vito

49 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

With the final addition of RJ Reynolds, We don't have any more scholarships available for this class, unless another blueshirt is added to the 2018 scholarship roll.
I bet we stay pat.   Reading Vito's interview with Littrell, he makes it sound like he's happy with the depth that's already there on the DL.

I wonder if they might convert on of the OL's to DT simply for emergency depth. We might be okay now but we need beef in the middle and if TJ or Young goes down we're super thin there

• Lovely Take 1

5 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

And just like that, the D-Line is now a concern.

I don't know about that.  At least relatively speaking.  It should still be one of the strongest units on the team, if not the strongest.

The ceiling is a little lower, though.

Wishing Bryce a speedy and full recovery.

• Lovely Take 1

4 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

Ideally if we could have him back going into the Southern Miss game would be best case scenario. That is 52 days from right now to literally only walk in a boot and do extensive rehab on it. This is given I am hoping it is a minor to mid-level break. 

I like the idea of keeping out through the bye week then unleashing him on nUTSAck

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 2
  • Haha 1

Not to be Debbie Downer, but it is tougher for a big guy to bounce right back after being out of conditioning etc for that period of time.  I hope and pray that he will get back to himself quickly.  If anyone can pull it off it would be Bryce.

18 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

Ideally if we could have him back going into the Southern Miss game would be best case scenario. That is 52 days from right now to literally only walk in a boot and do extensive rehab on it. This is given I am hoping it is a minor to mid-level break. 

It takes 6-8 weeks for a bone to heel and that's if it's a clean break with no ligament damage. I would say FAU at the earliest we would see him. He has to get healthy and then quickly into football shape. last 4 games is when he'll be good to go 100% and football shape

• Lovely Take 1

20 minutes ago, p_phelps said:

It takes 6-8 weeks for a bone to heel and that's if it's a clean break with no ligament damage. I would say FAU at the earliest we would see him. He has to get healthy and then quickly into football shape. last 4 games is when he'll be good to go 100% and football shape

Yes, but we are not sure what kind of break it is or if there is even any ligament damage. There is a break, that is all we know. Assuming/hoping for the best, I think he can make it back for the So Miss game. If not by then, then definitely by the utsa game. That is 66 days, 9 weeks + 3 days. For a best case scenario, that is a long time. 

• Lovely Take 1

53 minutes ago, Harry said:

Not to be Debbie Downer, but it is tougher for a big guy to bounce right back after being out of conditioning etc for that period of time.  I hope and pray that he will get back to himself quickly.  If anyone can pull it off it would be Bryce.

Very true. But I'd rather have him out there suckin wind than not out there at all. 

• Upvote 1

I have no idea if it has been brought up but English is up and walking around on the foot. It's in a soft walking case.. no idea how long it will be like that but he was walking, standing, and putting weight on it.. 

also to Harry's point about him staying in shape in terms of conditioning.. I think it will be a set back, but with the depth of the DL it should allow him to be worked in slowly/limited amount and not have to come back day one and play 50-60 snaps.

• Upvote 2

Considering the first half of the schedule, I don't think this impacts the end goal much. We will still beat Lamar and should still beat UAB. An upset against Iowa is a bit more unlikely and SMU is still a toss-up. I don't think Southern Miss will be any better than the team we beat last year so I still think we win that game. Hopefully he's back for UTSA because that's when the schedule gets interesting.

End of year, we still go bowling. GMG

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1

2 hours ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Considering the first half of the schedule, I don't think this impacts the end goal much. We should still beat Lamar and should still beat UAB. An upset against Iowa is a bit more unlikely and SMU is still a toss-up. I don't think Southern Miss will be any better than the team we beat last year so I still think we should  win that game. Hopefully he's back for UTSA because that's when the schedule gets interesting.

I agree wholeheartedly that we SHOULD beat those teams. It all depends on which Mean Green team shows up that day though but I feel it and I feel we should be good

Image result for i can feel it down in my plums meme

• Haha 1

On 8/10/2017 at 6:34 AM, GMG_Dallas said:

Considering the first half of the schedule, I don't think this impacts the end goal much. We will still beat Lamar and should still beat UAB. An upset against Iowa is a bit more unlikely and SMU is still a toss-up. I don't think Southern Miss will be any better than the team we beat last year so I still think we win that game. Hopefully he's back for UTSA because that's when the schedule gets interesting.

We will really miss Bryce in week 2 and week 3.

• Upvote 1