Villarreal to open sushi restaurant

Brett Vito

Next stop: Rock n' Roll Sushi in Denton, Texas with a chef they affectionately call "Sweatervest".  The bro's in D-town say you gotta try the 'Black Uni'.  It's made with the cheapest mail-ordered urchin Sweatervest's ornery itamae can find.   I'll be eating all 5 Black Uni rolls before I finish my evaluation.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

10 hours ago, KRAM1 said:

As with any new business in Denton, I wish this one well and hope it will be a supporter of the Mean Green.  New businesses add to our tax base and give our citizens more choices so they can spend their money in Denton.  So, I am pleased to see this move and wish it nothing but success.  Unfortunately for me, I have never acquired a taste for Sushi.  Perhaps there will be non-sushi items as well on the menu.

lol this is the perfect allegory for fans of UNT Athletics

Edited by Aldo
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

13 hours ago, djohnnie said:

Cant we just let the past be the past? I was not a fan of many of his decisions as well, but I still believe he lives in the 

region. Isn't it better to make a friend than an enemy? He seems to be a man of some means  If he comes to some games and better yet supports the program through donorship, is this not better? We have to uplift the program over our petty feelings toward him. This seems to be the better course. We should try and let go of the past and focus on growing the program. One at a time,

GMG

I mean, he is on the payroll, so we all kind of have a stake in this. At the very least, you could argue for a Green Bay Packers type ownership structure or a hospitality program tie-in.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Rock And Roll Sushi will be providing a behind the scenes look at all they do. This will be an exclusive peek behind the curtain. RV-san has announced quarterly meetings to start whenever the hell he feels like it. And by quarterly he means not ever ever ever. RV-san promises that all reservation calls to Rock And Roll Sushi will be promptly answered by friendly and knowledgeable staff.(if friendly means they're doing YOU a favor and promptly means within a week). You can purchase your favorite Rock And Roll Sushi gear at tens of vendors in a rainbow of colors because we can't pick just one. Nor can we control what pantone they use. Look for Rock and Roll Sushi coupons in the Yellow Pages across most of Van Zandt County.

Remember: If you're not fully satisfied with the Rock And Roll Sushi. You can go $%*@ yourself. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

18 hours ago, Army of Dad said:

Have you called to ask?

Why bother?  They won't answer the phone unless you have the double secret probation phone number.  And if they do answer, they won't be able to answer your questions.

Edited by Moobs
  • Upvote 3

17 hours ago, Army of Dad said:

Does anyone else get the feeling that @Cerebus or @Harry or someone else has been playing with sock puppets lately?

You caught us.  There hasn't been a Brett Vito at the DRC since 2012.  He quit that year to become a fishing guide in Patagonia.  Belo pays so little attention to the DRC and Mean Green sports that we decided to take advantage of a payroll glitch to just split his writing duties between us and keep cashing the checks.

That is why "Brett Vito" never got a parking pass.  Harry and I already have one.  

48 minutes ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

Call me skeptical, but this article seems fishy. 

Yes, the whole thing is fishy for the most part. However, there will be a signature menu item...The Mississippi Critter Roll.

200.gif#3

• Upvote 4

I got a sneak peak at the menu.

Todd Dodge Roll- It's an underwhelming "Southlake" Dragon Roll. It sounds promising but will end up giving you heartburn.

Why Not North Texas Roll- stuffed with Gator meat and produce from Iowa. It goes well with a shot of Grey Goose. 

Tony Benford Roll- It is a roll that is stuffed with great ingredients. However, it ends up being a dumpster fire. There's a good chance it will be scrapped from the menu soon.

Edited by jtm0097
  • Upvote 6

5 hours ago, jtm0097 said:

I got a sneak peak at the menu.

Todd Dodge Roll- It's an underwhelming "Southlake" Dragon Roll. It sounds promising but will end up giving you heartburn.

Why Not North Texas Roll- stuffed with Gator meat and produce from Iowa. It goes well with a shot of Grey Goose. 

Tony Benford Roll- It is a roll that is stuffed with great ingredients. However, it ends up being a dumpster fire. There's a good chance it will be scrapped from the menu soon.

I wonder if they'll serve poplers?

• Upvote 1