'18 ATH Antonio Gage (Dallas Madison)

UNTLifer

On 5/19/2017 at 10:52 PM, GMG24 said:

Several on here who are boosters have tweeted kids.  It is what it is, NCAA ain't doing anything about it.  Kevin Sumlin tweeted a pic with kid who hadn't signed yet and nothing happened.  Too hard to monitor social media, NCAA behind the times and it's beyond obvious 

Is Quoting his tweet the same as tweeting at someone? Asking for a friend 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Withers940 said:

In my twisted mind, if you tweet to a player, you're in the wrong. If you quote their tweet and say something about the player, you're fine. A lot of times they'll retweet what you said about them too but because you didn't say it to them, just about them, you're good.

• Upvote 2

Well, I had my GMG account suspended for a month the last time I commented on this topic. But I will say, every fan base with a presence on social media does not adhere to any of these "rules" in any way, shape, or form. It appears we are being sheep in this regard, while they are being lions. 

Full Disclaimer: I am not condoning directly tweeting any player, recruit or commit. I am just stating an observation. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, Withers940 said:

I would say yes retweeting i dont think so, or liking it.  quoting it I would stay away from.  Tweeting at them to commit bad news bears.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, BTG_Fan1 said:

Not wanting to prevent him from getting anymore offers.

Other schools may dump him because of an injury. UNT is not likely to withdrawal an offer from someone so talented.

Above everything else, I hope he is healthy.

Honestly not trying to be sanctimonious here, just trying to remind that these students are not commodities.

• Upvote 7

3 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Not wanting to prevent him from getting anymore offers.

Other schools may dump him because of an injury. UNT is not likely to withdrawal an offer from someone so talented.

It's 2017. Teams don't dump commits for just a torn ACL anymore, and haven't for a while. One of my teammates picked up all of his offers while recovering from his torn ACL. Especially if it's just the player's first torn ACL. 

12 minutes ago, p_phelps said:

This kid.... 

Play the game Antonio.  Right now, you're committed to the best school of your offers... and you have a lot.   You get an offer from a school you like better, take it.
We know you're a smart guy, because you saw through TXTech's facade to see a nasty hole of a town with a crap school.
Baylor ain't better, so we'd better not catch you flipping there.
UT/A&M/OU come calling?   Can't blame you.

Weren't we all excited when UNT got Rod Young to flip to us from Nevada?   Why aren't we upset at Rod for not keeping his word?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Weren't we all excited when UNT got Rod Young to flip to us from Nevada?   Why aren't we upset at Rod for not keeping his word?

Because Rod proved to be an intelligent young man and picked the right school.

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...