MGB: UNT releases football schedule, thoughts

Brett Vito

47 minutes ago, drex said:

The first sell out of Apogee should be the home opener.  No reason not to.  A sell out is very doable with creativity and hard work.

and a winning team, something we haven't been good at fielding lately.

4 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but there is a 0% chance it will sellout

If there was almost 40k people watching this game in the Cotton Bowl on a Tuesday morning, and if both of these teams are chasing bowl eligibility (or have already achieved it) when they play at Apogee, I would actually put that chance closer to 100% than your guess.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think 6-6 is a very real probability here, give or take a game or two. I'll go ahead and say we win our home games and lose the road games. ODU, Army, and UTSA will be our toughest home opponents, while Iowa, La Tech, and SMU will be our toughest road games. Continued improvemtn for our program in 2017 and we make the big leap to CUSA West contender in 2018.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

7 hours ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

may be the 1st ACTUAL sell-out of Apogee...

Apogee seats 22k now?

6 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

If there was almost 40k people watching this game in the Cotton Bowl on a Tuesday morning, and if both of these teams are chasing bowl eligibility (or have already achieved it) when they play at Apogee, I would actually put that chance closer to 100% than your guess.

So you think there is a greater than 50% chance of a sellout? Care to make a gentleman's wager?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

14 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Apogee seats 22k now?

So you think there is a greater than 50% chance of a sellout? Care to make a gentleman's wager?

I would say there's a ballpark shot considering the quality of the team. If we have momentum going into the game, I'd say it's in the realm of possibility. Not likely, but still.

Edited by Ryan Munthe

7 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

I think 6-6 is a very real probability here, give or take a game or two. I'll go ahead and say we win our home games and lose the road games. ODU, Army, and UTSA will be our toughest home opponents, while Iowa, La Tech, and SMU will be our toughest road games. Continued improvemtn for our program in 2017 and we make the big leap to CUSA West contender in 2018.

Sounds about right.

11 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

Having the Texas teams split is something that should have happened.  The oc schedule is as soft as NT has had in a long time.  I don't like Army that late, but that should be a very good and well attended game.   

I do, hopefully they're banged up and bruised up heading into Apogee. ?

10 hours ago, UNT90 said:

Apogee seats 22k now?

Apogee seats 31k.   We brought a majority of the crowd to the HoD game on a Tuesday morning.  I would think a weekend game in mid-November would work out well for us.

Ask me again on the week of the game.  Hence, the conditions I set forth in my post: If UNT is already bowl-eligible or the Rice game will get them their 6th win, and Army is also chasing bowl eligibility, we're on.

11 hours ago, Army of Dad said:

Isn't that kind of like bidding $1 on the Price is Right?

Sure is!
Bobbarkerx-large_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Apogee seats 31k.   We brought a majority of the crowd to the HoD game on a Tuesday morning.  I would think a weekend game in mid-November would work out well for us.

Ask me again on the week of the game.  Hence, the conditions I set forth in my post: If UNT is already bowl-eligible or the Rice game will get them their 6th win, and Army is also chasing bowl eligibility, we're on.

Sure is!
Bobbarkerx-large_thumb.jpg

Similar predicts for identical reasons were made for SMU 2014. Didn't happen then, won't happen in 2017.

Hell, UNT couldn't sell out UTSA when playing for a western division title. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

5 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Similar predicts for identical reasons were made for SMU 2014. Didn't happen then, won't happen in 2017.

Hell, UNT couldn't sell out UTSA when playing for a western division title. 

Need to keep your argument (the same as mine) consistent, partner.    UTSA is a team no one (with the exception of people on here who are easily-baited by message board trolls) cares about.   Army is a different story.
Let's just keep an eye on this, shall we?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The quickest way(and maybe the only) to sell out Apogee is by bringing in an in-state P5 Texas school. RV was scared to do that as per the Kuehne Report. Let's see if Wren is ready to get the big boys in town. We may have a 50-50 crowd in those games(apparently that's what RV was afraid of) but so what.

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Need to keep your argument (the same as mine) consistent, partner.    UTSA is a team no one (with the exception of people on here who are easily-baited by message board trolls) cares about.   Army is a different story.
Let's just keep an eye on this, shall we?

Army has played here before. As I recall, attendance was 20k.

Trying to wish Army into a P5 doesn't work. Never has, never will.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1