Herman to LSU??

MeanGreen_MBA

8 minutes ago, NorthTexan95 said:

I think the rumors of Texas wanting him were over blown.  However, if he did choose LSU over Texas it may be because LSU probably has better talent.   Their defense is very good and if he can find a quarterback they could improve immediately.

And he wouldn't have to put up with Texas boosters.  Take that job and the leeches start draining you immediately.  I'd take the lsu job too. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, NorthTexan95 said:

I think the rumors of Texas wanting him were over blown.

During the LSU/Aggie game, the ticker reported the original source as HornsDigest.com, then confirmed by Chris something (?) at ESPN. I'm not saying the negotiations aren't happening-- they very well may be-- but I did think the original source of the report/rumor was suspect.

I just hope if he leaves, he does it quickly. Rips off the band-aid and goes. We'll need to replace him and move on. We've been here before.

Edited by RushnStudies
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I would guess when you are at this level of coaching you believe “your” plan can win wherever you go. As much as many here hate UT, if you honestly look at the area (Austin and Texas) and the budget (top 1 or 2 in college football??) you have it easy to understand why this is considered one of the top “potential” jobs. It all depends on the person.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, RushnStudies said:

Well, when interviewed prior to the game, Herman said that there is no truth to the rumors and called them false. We'll see.

Actually when he was asked if he could deny that his agents are talking to anyone he refused to answer the question.

Pretty sure he is gone, at this point he is figuring out where and for how much.  UH has some deep pockets but they can't offer him an easy path to the CFP.   UT and LSU can.  If either one of those schools was 9-2 they would be in right now.  UH being 9-2 gets a #20 ranking.  

59 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

Actually when he was asked if he could deny that his agents are talking to anyone he refused to answer the question.

Pretty sure he is gone, at this point he is figuring out where and for how much.  UH has some deep pockets but they can't offer him an easy path to the CFP.   UT and LSU can.  If either one of those schools was 9-2 they would be in right now.  UH being 9-2 gets a #20 ranking.  

Oklahoma id 9-2 and not in right now...they're #8 behind TWO teams from the Big Ten that have 2 losses

If he wants to get into the playoff without having to go undefeared he better avoid the Big XII

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

53 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

Before he refused to answer whether his agent was talking with any other schools on his behalf, the reporter asked him if he could deny that the rumors of him leaving were true. I don't remember how it was phrased exactly, and I can't rewind back that far on my dvr, but Herman's answer was essentially that he was denying that the rumors of him leaving are true. During the game, a statement from the UH AD was displayed, reading that UH has not been informed of Herman's departure. And we apparently offered him a 7-figure raise a few days ago.

The press doesn't know, UH doesn't know, Herman won't talk, everybody in the country is speculating wildly. This is why I won't believe the hype at this point until I see an official press release. Too many chickens are running around crying that the sky is falling.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, emmitt01 said:

Oklahoma id 9-2 and not in right now...they're #8 behind TWO teams from the Big Ten that have 2 losses

If he wants to get into the playoff without having to go undefeared he better avoid the Big XII

I think UT has more pull than OU.  I don't believe for a second that the name of a university doesn't hold sway over the committee.

5 minutes ago, RushnStudies said:

Before he refused to answer whether his agent was talking with any other schools on his behalf, the reporter asked him if he could deny that the rumors of him leaving were true.

Yes he denied those rumors.  Not that his agent was handling active offers.  This is almost exactly what Sumlin said before he left.