Uniforms for vs. Marshall

UNTFan23

55 minutes ago, greenjoe said:

There should be no surprise when others don't know our name or mascot or colors.  We don't know ourselves.

We do know ourselves.  We know our colors.  Roll with the new.  Occasionally wearing black is really not that big of an issue.  I know, it's hard to deal with change, and these new-fangled things like the facespace and the mybook and that crazy loud rock music, but this is part of college football.  Occasionally, we're going to wear items that have black because the kids want multiple looks.  We don't have the historical significance of Penn State or Abalama, so we can't pull off the two uniform choices and get away with it.  I mean, if the damn hillbillies up in Tennessee are psyched out of their mind about the grey uniforms as opposed to running off to Knoxville to protest the lack of orange in the game days, I think we can elevate our thought.  

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

IMHO, not a fan of the all green top and bottom, my least favorite.  White pants, black pants, gray pants, anything but green pants with the green tops. The all green makes us look like marsians or green blobs, nothing to break it up. My favorite uniform combo are the ones we wore last week, white helmets/green top/white pants.  Second would be the all white look, very clean!  (could wear green or black helmets with the all white uniforms.  The all black uniforms with the carbon fiber helmet we wore in the HOD bowl game was also pretty darn tight.  At the end of the day, it's what the players want to wear, they are the ones busting their rear ends.  Let's get wins and we can have even better gridiron gear next year for them!

As a side note.  Several years back we dropped the blue in our official school colors and added black and silver.  So our school colors are actually Kelly Green, Black, and Silver! Not sure why some get rattled when we bring in black to our uniforms.  Again, IMHO, I think the Kelly green looks fantastic with black.  The black makes the Kelly green color pop! The black makes us look mean and dirty...so making us look like we are black (mean and/or evil) and Green (hip with the school colors/ Scrappy)

Edited by MeanGreen01
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

10 hours ago, MeanGreen01 said:

IMHO, not a fan of the all green top and bottom, my least favorite.  White pants, black pants, gray pants, anything but green pants with the green tops. The all green makes us look like marsians or green blobs, nothing to break it up. My favorite uniform combo are the ones we wore last week, white helmets/green top/white pants.  Second would be the all white look, very clean!  (could wear green or black helmets with the all white uniforms.  The all black uniforms with the carbon fiber helmet we wore in the HOD bowl game was also pretty darn tight.  At the end of the day, it's what the players want to wear, they are the ones busting their rear ends.  Let's get wins and we can have even better gridiron gear next year for them!

As a side note.  Several years back we dropped the blue in our official school colors and added black and silver.  So our school colors are actually Kelly Green, Black, and Silver! Not sure why some get rattled when we bring in black to our uniforms.  Again, IMHO, I think the Kelly green looks fantastic with black.  The black makes the Kelly green color pop! The black makes us look mean and dirty...so making us look like we are black (mean and/or evil) and Green (hip with the school colors/ Scrappy)

Nope, silver is not one of our colors.  

https://identityguide.unt.edu/create-our-look/color

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 1

damn. missed the picture...

Call me old fashioned, but i've always been partial to the old-school combo of Green jersey/white pants at home and white jersey/green pants on the road... (see the neverending whip/nay nay gif below for the home example)

throwing in a random color doesnt bother me much though

• Upvote 1