Uniforms for vs. Marshall

UNTFan23

Just now, Boca_Nasty_96 said:

Why dont we go with Black helmets, Green Jerseys, and Black Pants ? I think that would be a sick Uniform combination  

That is a question for the peeps in the football program. I am curious to see what the team will wear since they took down the first tweet.

Just now, UNTFan23 said:

That is a question for the peeps in the football program. I am curious to see what the team will wear since they took down the first tweet.

Just now, UNTFan23 said:

They did take that tweet down but i think black, green, black would be awesome. How come we stop wearing the all black uniforms?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, letsgiveacheer said:

You guys wanting black are so behind the times. Matt gray is the new "in" color.

Which is a good thing. I always thought the green and black combination made us look like an X-Box,

Grey would be awesome.  I agree.  

I do like black though.  New regime, new Unis.... Look good, feel good.

Edited by SSP
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SSP said:

Gray would be awesome.  I agree.  

I do like black though.  New regime, new Unis.... Look good, feel good.

The Grey / Black being involved would be a great look like they've done at UCF, Mizzou, Colorado, Baylor, etc.

I do like how the coaching staff is wearing the charcoal golf pants on gameday.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, UNT Mean Green said:

The Grey / Black being involved would be a great look like they've done at UCF, Mizzou, Colorado, Baylor, etc.

I do like how the coaching staff is wearing the charcoal golf pants on gameday.

I actually THINK that captains vote on this.  At least that's how it was done in the past. 

On October 4, 2016 at 4:40 PM, greenjoe said:

There should be no surprise when others don't know our name or mascot or colors.  We don't know ourselves.

It's what shade of green we use for each new regime change that keeps me off balance.  Various shades of  green each have a number so what is ours this go around? 

GMG!

PS: The Philly' 'Iggles colors are green & white but have cleverly incorporated silver (or gray) in their unis in the past.  Why not give that a try at Apogee? The right design with the neutral silver would I'd bet go over quite well. 

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, letsgiveacheer said:

You guys wanting black are so behind the times. Matt gray is the new "in" color.

Which is a good thing. I always thought the green and black combination made us look like an X-Box,

Different strokes and all that.  Not a fan of the gray at all.  Tech, TCU. Okie St., Baylor...all bad looks in my opinion.

Count me as one behind the times (which in not surprising), but I generally like the black when we wear it.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, NT93 said:

Different strokes and all that.  Not a fan of the gray at all.  Tech, TCU. Okie St., Baylor...all bad looks in my opinion.

Count me as one behind the times (which in not surprising), but I generally like the black when we wear it.

Hate the matte gray.  To me, all of the options Oregon, Okie State, Houston, Baylor, TCU, etc... roll out are just for shock value.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

12 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Hate the matte gray.  To me, all of the options Oregon, Okie State, Houston, Baylor, TCU, etc... roll out are just for shock value.

What's wrong with that? They want to be at the vanguard of everything they do... including how they dress. I say good for them and I wish we put a little bit more effort into our uniforms as a department. We all know the current uniforms are literally stock uniforms out of the nike catalog... No one even tried. Also, I would like to see a redesign of the SOW we use on helmets. I think it is a good look but the boarder color choices we have now make it look pretty lame to be honest. the Green SOW with black borders on the white helmet for example just looks kinda lazy... try something else. Look at what other schools are doing with their logos to keep it fresh and innovative. We just started using the SOW on helmets and it already looks old and tired... you would think we have been using the exact same insignia for like 20 years. Even UT changed their longhorn on their helmets to keep it fresh.  

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

What's wrong with that?  It is just shock value not redeeming value.

UT didn't change their logo, they just added metallic/chrome stickers.  It is still a burnt orange longhorn.  Our SOW logo looks great and may need a little tweaking, but the design is fine.  If not outlined in black, what color would you suggest?

Matte gray is not one of our colors.  I know we don't compare to the following teams yet in regards to recognition, historical success, but they have done fine without all of constant uniform changes:

UT, Penn State, Alabama, Notre Dame, LSU, Mississippi, Auburn, etc...

I hate turning on a game and not knowing who the teams are because of their constant uniform changes.  Full disclosure, I have stated that I am a traditionalist regarding sports and that extends to uniforms.  Tired of all of the tricked up crap.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 7

We also don't have the multitude of national championships that Alabama has or the name recognition that Texas and Penn State have. oregon, prior to the wins, garnered recognition by "what are they wearing this week"- it works. We need all the good press we can get, even if it's the sports based fashion section. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

FYI, late change, we are not wearing black helmets this weekend.  We will be wearing white.

Also, the #1 question recruits ask:  How many uniform combinations do you have?

#2 - How much gear will I be issued when I arrive?  ie. sweat suits, backpack, tennis shoes, t-shirts, shorts, etc.

We may not like it, but times have changed and they all want some form of black in the equation.  Unless you are BAMA or Penn ST.   They all have some type of changes throughout the season even if very small.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

What's wrong with that?  It is just shock value not redeeming value.

UT didn't change their logo, they just added metallic/chrome stickers.  It is still a burnt orange longhorn.  Our SOW logo looks great and may need a little tweaking, but the design is fine.  If not outlined in black, what color would you suggest?

Matte gray is not one of our colors.  I know we don't compare to the following teams yet in regards to recognition, historical success, but they have done fine without all of constant uniform changes:

UT, Penn State, Alabama, Notre Dame, LSU, Mississippi, Auburn, etc...

I hate turning on a game and not knowing who the teams are because of their constant uniform changes.  Full disclosure, I have stated that I am a traditionalist regarding sports and that extends to uniforms.  Tired of all of the tricked up crap.

You are kind of making my point for me. I didn't mean the big boys switched, i meant that they tweaked things to modernize and clean stuff up. I don't think that much thought was given to sizing and placing the SOW on the helmets, let alone making sure that the outlining looks good and fairly modern. the black outline with the Green SOW on white helmets looks old... IDK if it is the weight of the outline or the color necessarily, but we just changed abruptly with what seemed like little to no effort from the AD. I actually preferred the Original McCarney uniforms to the new ones BY FAR because of how clean they were. They weren't perfect but they were clean and the full set were able to be mized and matched. I also thought that the Black jerseys were OK, but they seemed a little bit lazy too. Like they just got a basic uniform and threw the SOW all over it without much attention and no secondary logo to break the monotony (I am a fan of adding the interlocking NT to our uniforms, not as the helmet logo, but on the pants or shoulders or something, I think that would be a clean look as well and a secondary logo would be cool). I want a cleaner look on our uniforms is all... modern or traditional, the AD needs more attention to detail than the previous regime in how we market ourselves on and off the field.  

32 minutes ago, ntsumck said:

FYI, late change, we are not wearing black helmets this weekend.  We will be wearing white.

Also, the #1 question recruits ask:  How many uniform combinations do you have?

#2 - How much gear will I be issued when I arrive?  ie. sweat suits, backpack, tennis shoes, t-shirts, shorts, etc.

We may not like it, but times have changed and they all want some form of black in the equation.  Unless you are BAMA or Penn ST.   They all have some type of changes throughout the season even if very small.

Boo

• Upvote 4

On 10/5/2016 at 3:46 PM, SSP said:

I actually THINK that captains vote on this.  At least that's how it was done in the past. 

Leadership counsel possibly?

Edited by GMG24