Houston Cougars uniforms

GreenMachine

This new, young athletic staff gets it!  They will have us in some new hip gear next year, no doubt. They have done a great job with what they were given to work with. Glad they aren't doing all green, not a fan of that look. (Green helmet, jersey, and pants). Like how they are breaking it up and/or going with the white pants, green jersey, white helmets. The all white looks clean and sharp too! But again, i'm confident they will want their own all new look.

10 hours ago, Cougar King said:

Who cares about the uniform, we managed to get 40-41k on a Thursday night!

Cougar King, as you may or may not  know,  I was a big Coog fan as a youth growing up down there in Brazoria County.  That 20-20 tie vs UT in 1968 is what clinched it for DKR to lead the way for UH's SWC membership which made us all estatic, but...you know our situation at UNT & we don't pretend to compare ours to UH's so why the continual sarcasm & digs toward our athletic program?  

36 minutes ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Cougar King, as you may or may not  know,  I was a big Coog fan as a youth growing up down there in Brazoria County.  That 20-20 tie vs UT in 1968 is what clinched it for DKR to lead the way for UH's SWC membership which made us all estatic, but...you know our situation at UNT & we don't pretend to compare ours to UH's so why the continual sarcasm & digs toward our athletic program?  

But we will be soon, we are finally getting it right. 

11 hours ago, Cougar King said:

Who cares about the uniform, we managed to get 40-41k on a Thursday night!

I mean you guys are ranked #6 in the country. That does a long way. I just wonder what the hell Tom Herman is going to do with Kyle Allen next year because the offense will not be able to be ran like it currently is. It reminds of of a mini version of ATM having to transition from Manziel to Kenny Hill or Auburn transitioning away from Nick Marshall to Sean White. They will have to run the ball with running backs between the tackles and the back yard ball Ward does will not be present any longer. That will take X amount of 3rd down conversions away which in hand will take away X amount of points. This, of course, is given that Herman even decides to stay in Houston. At this point, that is unlikely. Especially given that it looks like UH will not be joining the big12 and will not be getting that P5 money. In other words, enjoy this year's ride. Longevity does not look promising. Also, if I am an underclassmen at UH I am reading the writing on the wall and anything the current coaching staff says to me I take with tongue in cheek because odds are I will be getting 2, 3 or maybe even 4 more years of coaching from someone that I don't even know the name of at this point.   

Edited by Ben Gooding

9 hours ago, MeanGreen01 said:

This new, young athletic staff gets it!  They will have us in some new hip gear next year, no doubt. They have done a great job with what they were given to work with. Glad they aren't doing all green, not a fan of that look. (Green helmet, jersey, and pants). Like how they are breaking it up and/or going with the white pants, green jersey, white helmets. The all white looks clean and sharp too! But again, i'm confident they will want their own all new look.

You mean letting the team leaders vote on what they wear? Novel concept. 

1 hour ago, Ben Gooding said:

I mean you guys are ranked #6 in the country. That does a long way. I just wonder what the hell Tom Herman is going to do with Kyle Allen next year because the offense will not be able to be ran like it currently is. It reminds of of a mini version of ATM having to transition from Manziel to Kenny Hill or Auburn transitioning away from Nick Marshall to Sean White. They will have to run the ball with running backs between the tackles and the back yard ball Ward does will not be present any longer. That will take X amount of 3rd down conversions away which in hand will take away X amount of points. This, of course, is given that Herman even decides to stay in Houston. At this point, that is unlikely. Especially given that it looks like UH will not be joining the big12 and will not be getting that P5 money. In other words, enjoy this year's ride. Longevity does not look promising. Also, if I am an underclassmen at UH I am reading the writing on the wall and anything the current coaching staff says to me I take with tongue in cheek because odds are I will be getting 2, 3 or maybe even 4 more years of coaching from someone that I don't even know the name of at this point.   

UH has this guy to plug in next year at QB if Kyle Allen doesn't pan out and need to go back to a dual threat QB. Currently playing WR like Greg Ward did at first. D'Eriq was a pretty darn good QB in HS.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/193746/deriq-king

I'm an old school kind of guy.  OK, I'm just an old guy.  I prefer the classic, traditional uniforms with the old skinny interlocking UH on red helmets, which we haven't used in about 20 years.

I've gotten used to the candy apple red helmets, and some of the alternates are pretty nice.   These aren't my favorites especially the gray UH on the helmets.

BUT the kids seem to like all these alternative uniforms.  So if it helps in recruiting some better players and athletes, I'll trade my traditional style choices for some wins on the field.

45 minutes ago, NTXCoog said:

I'm an old school kind of guy.  OK, I'm just an old guy.  I prefer the classic, traditional uniforms with the old skinny interlocking UH on red helmets, which we haven't used in about 20 years.

I've gotten used to the candy apple red helmets, and some of the alternates are pretty nice.   These aren't my favorites especially the gray UH on the helmets.

BUT the kids seem to like all these alternative uniforms.  So if it helps in recruiting some better players and athletes, I'll trade my traditional style choices for some wins on the field.

This post should just auto-post every-time another one of the uniform discussions pops up. Some people like all-green, others don't. Some like the black unis, others don't. Some people only want the right shade of green and white, others think multi shades look good. You'll never please everyone.

However, the current trend is multiple differenc combinations. If you aren't doing that trend, you better be Alabama or Ohio State because it otherwise makes you less desirable to recruits. And that's what matters. Maybe in 10 years the trend will be simple uniforms, and then the opposite side can be happy?

6 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

Yeah, man. Terrible situation with a consensus five-star waiting to take over at QB.

The horror.

• Upvote 2