True colors of McElwain

Big E

Y'all,
This is just a rally cry.   McElwain knows his QB situation sucks.  I bet his team knows that too.   He's trying to show his team that 'we're going to be tough', 'it's us against the world', 'everyone's out to get us', etc...
Unfortunately, his QB situation is still going to suck.   They may get by Tennessee due to the stellar defense, and of course they'll smash Vandy, but when LSU shows up, their offense will be exposed by that quick defense, and they're going to remind people alot of a McCarney offense (running a ton into stacked boxes because their QB can't throw).

I know it looks like he's being a crybaby, but he's being a good coach for his team.  It's just not going to work.

That said, I certainly hope the Vols take them behind the woodshed on Rocky Top so McElwain's crash to reality comes sooner rather than later.

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Y'all,
This is just a rally cry.   McElwain knows his QB situation sucks.  I bet his team knows that too.   He's trying to show his team that 'we're going to be tough', 'it's us against the world', 'everyone's out to get us', etc...
Unfortunately, his QB situation is still going to suck.   They may get by Tennessee due to the stellar defense, and of course they'll smash Vandy, but when LSU shows up, their offense will be exposed by that quick defense, and they're going to remind people alot of a McCarney offense (running a ton into stacked boxes because their QB can't throw).

I know it looks like he's being a crybaby, but he's being a good coach for his team.  It's just not going to work.

That said, I certainly hope the Vols take them behind the woodshed on Rocky Top so McElwain's crash to reality comes sooner rather than later.

LSU has struggled offensively so it might be closer to a toss up when Florida and LSU line up on the field. Could be a low scoring game.

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Y'all,

The problem is that players take the lead of their coach. Mcelwain was spouting a lot of garbage at us and our "dirty play". Players sometimes take that to heart and retaliate on the field. It would have been real nice if one of their players "purposely" targeted and injured one of our players because of some grade school BS spouted by their head coach. Losing your cool during a game and possibly inciting players to go after our guys is NOT being a good coach.

Lies!

Pat Dooley: Cheap shot may affect season

Jim McElwain's meltdown fires up Gators heading into Tennessee week

Clean or not clean? Goolsby clearly legwhips Wheeler. Goolsby's head is turned to the right looking back at Wheeler while his left foot hooks the front of Wheeler's right shin causing him to trip. This is why Wheeler fell into Del Rio's leg. Florida player was dirty, not Wheeler.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 3

39 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

Lies!

Pat Dooley: Cheap shot may affect season

Jim McElwain's meltdown fires up Gators heading into Tennessee week

Clean or not clean? Goolsby clearly legwhips Wheeler. Goolsby's left foot hitting the front of Wheeler's right shin causing him to trip is why Wheeler fell into Del Rio's leg. Florida player was dirty, not Wheeler.

My feelings aren't hurt if Florida doesn't want to play us again ... like ever.

• Upvote 5

9 minutes ago, UNTFan23 said:

My feelings aren't hurt if Florida doesn't want to play us again ... like ever.

I wouldn't care about that...  I just hate the fact that this negative spin is being perpetuated about our program because of a coach and misreporting from sports walmart...and their idiot fans... 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, SHOSS said:

I wouldn't care about that...  I just hate the fact that this negative spin is being perpetuated about our program because of a coach and misreporting from sports walmart...and their idiot fans... 

Big teams like Florida unfortunately get big mics where they can spout off whatever they want. All UNT can do is leave the past in the past and move forward and try to get better.

• Upvote 1

I watched the replay on the SEC network yesterday and the announcers, who are obviously paid for and fans of the SEC, both stated that it did not appear dirty or intentional.  McElwain is just trying to rally his troops around a cause.  Their fans are moronic enough to latch on and believe anything their coach says.

• Upvote 3

I actually hope Florida slaughters Tennessee.   McElwain is obviously spreading a narrative that he thinks benefits him and has a portion of Florida fans and players who are stupid enough to believe him.   However, I would like to believe that was a very good Florida team that beat NT.  

Florida doing well is good for NT just like any other team on the schedule.    

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, GrandGreen said:

I actually hope Florida slaughters Tennessee.   McElwain is obviously spreading a narrative that he thinks benefits him and has a portion of Florida fans and players who are stupid enough to believe him.   However, I would like to believe that was a very good Florida team that beat NT.  

Florida doing well is good for NT just like any other team on the schedule.    

Agree with your last statement that doing well is good for us.

In the big scheme of the SEC and nationally, Florida doesn't have enough offense. They might in the SEC East (remember they went to the SEC championship last year), but I'd have a funny feeling that Bama (or whomever represents the West) will clean their clock if they get back there.

• Upvote 1