Expectations for the rest of the season

untjim1995

I said 6-6 with smu as one of those wins. So logic is now 5-7. But I still think if this offense can quickly come to form we'll have a punchers chance vs anyone on the schedule. The punchers chance mentality was my reasoning for the 6-6 prediction due to the offensive potential. Looking at the schedule, it's not out of touch to think we could start 2-2 and then 4-4 (wins vs BC, Army, Rice, utsa) going into our HC showdown vs La Tech. If we can get to that 4-4 mark as a team going into homecoming this may very well be a bowl team. Give a team hope and the ability to believe then anything can be accomplished. 

One thing is for certain...Saturday is a must win game. Then Rice will be a very good measuring stick game. Win them both and this season could get interesting. 

• Upvote 2

I read something pretty interesting about Kansas beating Rhode Island this weekend, snapping their 15 game losing streak. I had no idea that David Beaty took over a program from Charlie Weis hat was so bad, last year they entered the 2015 season with just 60 scholarship players. Obviously, when they lost their opener to FCS South Dakota State at home, it was obvious they wouldn't beat anyone.

Now you can see why this week is the only game that Seth Littrell would get any grief for losing this season, as our scholarship total of 68 matches up with a FCS team.

I think this team is a lot better than last year's team offensively. Last year's defense played stellar for the first 0.75 games of the season then played like horse shit the rest of the way and I'm hoping there's no way to get worse than last year's defense. I predicted 6-6 but now that means we'll have to win at least one road game and that hasn't happened since 2013 so needless to say the SMU loss was a little deflating. But I will be there at every home game yelling my ass off to a Mean Green win!

5 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

I'm a tad behind you on that--1 or 2 this season, 3 or 4 next year, then 6+ in 2018.

This is where I'm at. It'll be interesting to see how soon Fine is elevated to starter and how quickly he gets it. Still see 2 wins this year (even though I don't really see a winnable game past next week). 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/6/2016 at 5:17 PM, Matt from A700 said:

I think this team is a lot better than last year's team offensively. Last year's defense played stellar for the first 0.75 games of the season then played like horse shit the rest of the way and I'm hoping there's no way to get worse than last year's defense. I predicted 6-6 but now that means we'll have to win at least one road game and that hasn't happened since 2013 so needless to say the SMU loss was a little deflating. But I will be there at every home game yelling my ass off to a Mean Green win!

I remember feeling really deflated after this loss but couldn't remember if I had adjusted my win prediction. NO I DID NOT. WE'RE GOIN' BOWLING BITCHES.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, GreenTexan13 said:

It's kind of nice seeing a lot of people getting proved wrong on this thread! Although, I'm sure the people who predicted 2-10 or 3-9 are happy they can eat crow.

are they happy?  I've only been on here for 4 years, but Seems like they post more about negative than positive.  There's more posting when UNT is losing than when they are winning. Especially certain posters.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

18 minutes ago, GOMG2013 said:

are they happy?  I've only been on here for 4 years, but Seems like they post more about negative than positive.  There's more posting when UNT is losing than when they are winning. Especially certain posters.

A lot of people have been following NT football for a long time and have been though a lot. We also have a lot of reality checks when we get our hopes up and it crumbles yet again. What bothers me, is when people get on here scold people who try to point out the positives. There were times were I had to stop reading the board, because of the typical negative post. But you're right. There is going to always be one person looking for a flaw, even if we went 13-0.

• Downvote 1