nUTSAck Beat Writer says Litrell has the toughest job ahead of him

All About UNT

43 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

If UTSA stirs the same kind of sports-hate (or more) than SMU does, you need to ask yourself why.  Is it because a dumbass or 5 came on a message board and drew you offisdes trolling?   If so, recalibrate your hate back to the real villains on the Boulevard, and disregard the birds who don't fly in Churroville.

I mean, we have played the same number of conference USA games against Lousiana Tech and UTEP in the timeframe that the "rivalry" with UTSA has developed.   If you don't have the same kind of sports-hate towards those guys as you do for UTSA, again, recalibrate your hate and spread it around to other CUSA West rivals.

I give you a +1 because of your string of mild yet artistic insults.

I vividly remember the first game we played against UTSA.  Mine was a hate born from righteous fury.  In my opinion, this [currently pseudo-]rivalry was forged by destiny.  It was meant to exist from day one.  From the moment I walked through their unwashed, disease-riddled masses by Fouts Field, I knew they stood for everything I was against.  As the kick-off came and the student section's sarcastic jokes and timid insults began, the backlash from the players on the field was swift and savage.  Clearly, this Mad Chaparral disease was highly contagious and douchebaggery had spread throughout the land in Sand Asstones.  By half-time, UTSA's players were flipping the flightless bird to our fans and by the end of the game, the insults going in either direction were brutal, cruel, and relentless.  

Make no mistake, even if your hatred is seemingly unfounded or troll-triggered, it is not misguided or misplaced.  There is an evil at the Riverwalk the likes of which they make Mockumentaries about.  The Alamo is under siege again.

Edited by Tyler Maryak
  • Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, GreenTexan13 said:

I don't think that is true at all. Just look at your post history.

Nah, I spend too much time on this board and I can say without a doubt that there are definitely a handful of people who get downvoted every time they post no matter what they say. Ryan is definitely one of those people. I would be really interested to know who does this and what motivates them to do it.

Edited by Tyler Maryak
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Tyler Maryak said:

Nah, I spend too much time on this board and I can say without a doubt that there are definitely a handful of people who get downvoted every time they post no matter what they say. Ryan is definitely one of those people. I would be really interested to know who does this and what motivates them to do it.

I'm on here quite a lot to and RM definitely deserves his downvotes. He's definitely UNT's cougar king and he'll bite the hand that feeds him every so often.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

20 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

I think if this would have been from a Louisiana Tech blogger a Marshall blogger Southern Miss blogger it would be completely different. He could have just as easily put lil Frank Wilson down just as easy as he put down Seth Littrell.. and he would have been speaking on something he actually covered and knew about. But the fact is its from this dbag who takes a shot at North Texas any chance he gets that's the real problem here and that's why people are upset.

What if one of the UNT Daily guys who writes for SB Nation put UTSA instead of UNT?

1 hour ago, southsideguy said:

we have a long way to go but they are in the same boat

I agree. I don't see UTSA fans thinking they are better, or even that UNT is worse. The general vibe I get is UTSA fans are amused UNT fans get so bent out of shape. In my reasonably unbiased opinion  (a fan of both teams), there are exponentially more UTSA threads here than UNT there. I don't understand the heated non-rivalry and institutional pecker slapping, I just watch scoreboard on the field and observe reactions. An interesting sociological exercise.

Edited by UTSA Fan

45 minutes ago, UTSA Fan said:

I agree. I don't see UTSA fans thinking they are better, or even that UNT is worse. The general vibe I get is UTSA fans are amused UNT fans get so bent out of shape. In my reasonably unbiased opinion  (a fan of both teams), there are exponentially more UTSA threads here than UNT there. I don't understand the heated non-rivalry and institutional pecker slapping, I just watch scoreboard on the field and observe reactions. An interesting sociological exercise.

It's like 2 one inch peckers arguing which is bigger...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Then they would look just as idiotic and biased as the guy from nUTSAck. 

I love you.

3 hours ago, All About UNT said:

More like what if Brett Vito wrote that about SMU......and disregarded the true standings of where UNT currently is as a program in favor of taking a jab at SMU.

Thats the wrong answer.  Read what @TheReal_jayD wrote.

This is all just a really stupid debate for anyone in either fan pool at the moment...because at least one set of us (and possibly both sets) is likely to look somewhat ridiculous in a few months.  So really, it's just a form of gambling, but instead of money, it's more a matter of perceived idiocy on the line.  I'm not staking mine, and will keep it as unknown as is feasible for the time being.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

10 hours ago, Mike Jackson said:

Well one those peckers has had 21 years to grow.  So if you are a 21 year old comparing the size of your pecker to a 7 year old's well.....

(I am not counting the other 80 years plus of football history to save some embarrassment) 

Well who knows?! I am only in my 30's.... a 101 year old's and a 7 year old's might just be the same. 

Edited by Travis