Meachum it is.....says FWST

eoj221

Latest I heard was that Jimmy Johnson was coming out of retirement, turning the DD practice fields in to the asthma field, hiring Mark Richt as his OC and Waendstadt as his DC.  RV was going to pay him a half a million per year and include a yacht at Sneaky Pete's.

I would have believed this, but you wrote it here instead of Twitter.

Why isn't the Denton Record-Chronicle breaking this news ?  Why are we relying on the FWST ?

Article has been retracted by Carlos Mendez of FWST and in his latest, he basically says Vito is his source and he was just reporting what Vito said last night.  In more words or less...

Edited by MeanGreenD
  • Upvote 1

Why isn't the Denton Record-Chronicle breaking this news ?  Why are we relying on the FWST ?

Basically, Vito is out of the loop with the AD's office because he has made enemies there. Dave Barnett's son is getting the information from the AD now and Vito is grasping for straws from sources such as player's parents and the like. Other journalists, trusting Vito as the UNT beat writer, are just echoing what he has wrote but this was all before his latest article backtracking on the whole thing. 

• Upvote 3

Basically, Vito is out of the loop with the AD's office because he has made enemies there. Dave Barnett's son is getting the information from the AD now and Vito is grasping for straws from sources such as player's parents and the like. Other journalists, trusting Vito as the UNT beat writer, are just echoing what he has wrote but this was all before his latest article backtracking on the whole thing. 

True on Vito.   He wont break the story... because he cant.  Too much disdain for him on Bonnie Brae.

I highly doubt Dave Barnett knows everything either, so there's only a limited amount he can tell his boy. 

Really, Rick should be commended for keeping this thing under wraps.  

I'm wondering if all of the talk a few weeks ago around Lincoln Riley was true and he blew a chance with him by letting it leak.   If so, then he has obviously learned his lesson.

• Upvote 1

True on Vito.   He wont break the story... because he cant.  Too much disdain for him on Bonnie Brae.
I highly doubt Dave Barnett knows everything either, so there's only a limited amount he can tell his boy. 

I'm wondering if all of the talk a few weeks ago around Lincoln Riley was true and he blew a chance with him by letting it leak.   If so, then he has obviously learned his lesson.

So you don't even believe it's down to Meacham and Littell? Really that's all Zach has reported so far besides telling everyone to tap the breaks on there being a hire yet. I think he has a decent amount of information but is going to be restrained because of his connection obviously. 

I doubt Dave Barnett would leak anything to any media, even his son. Anyone inside UNT athletics caught talking about this prematurely is going to catch hell. Look at what already happened with Lincoln Riley. After a university official told the Star-Telegram Riley had been interviewed, he issued a public statement declaring he was not a candidate for the job.

one would think RV has learned his lesson by now.  He's had fifteen years of training to get something right.  But noooooooooooooo! Not this time either.

• Upvote 1

So you don't even believe it's down to Meacham and Littell? Really that's all Zach has reported so far besides telling everyone to tap the breaks on there being a hire yet. I think he has a decent amount of information but is going to be restrained because of his connection obviously. 

I dunno man!
I%20dunno.gif

That's the thing.  Who the heck knows?  Rick, Neal, maybe Ernie/Brint, the actual finalists.

Not knocking Zach Barnett BTW.  He's doing his job.  He has an in at our University, he should use it... but what I'm saying is: I don't think Dave knows alot, therefor I don't think Zach knows alot.

• Upvote 1