Lowest attendance in CUSA

BillySee58

Man, we need this hire to work out so badly. Last in our division, last in CUSA in attendance, 1-11, men's basketball sitting at 0-3 against D1 competition with most likely an 0-7 start to the season facing us, and women facing a major rebuild sitting at 1-3 despite an impressive win. 

I don't care if it takes an extra week. This hire has to be a successful one.

• Upvote 6

RV sez:

"Yaaaaawwwwwwnnnnnn, I get people to give us over-sized novelty checks at the halftime of football games. Attendance doesn't matter around here, at least not for 27 more months."

200.gif

At some point, don't you have to wonder if maybe this level of athletics just isn't the place for us? One good season in football in the last 11 years. 4 winning seasons in 21 years. Today, we are the worst FBS team in America and have almost the lowest average in attendance for FBS schools. Texas State got more people to a game than we did, for crying out loud!! They play SBC nobodies and they drew better than we did. If you won't change the person in charge of that program for the last 15 years, where we have sucked for most of them, how can you expect anything to be different at this level? And for those that think I'm advocating a drop down in levels, I'm not at all--I'm just questioning if we can truly turn this around here for more than a year, particularly with the culture that allows RV to stay as the AD. I can honestly say that I don't think its possible with the current leadership and attitude of the personnel in charge at the BOR, administration, AD, and his circle of BMDs. 

I want us to be a great football program, just like everyone else here does, but at some point, don't you have to look at the fact that we have been just about awful since we moved up to FBS in 1995? We have two wins over Texas Tech, a win over Baylor, a win over Cincy, a win over UNLV, and a win over Rice when they won CUSA in 2013. Sure, we had some other solid wins--two over Ball State, a couple over SMU, and a win over Tulsa--in those 2 decades, but we have also suffered the worst loss in modern college football history against Portland State, 66-7.  Our attendance is horrible, our record is terrible, and our fundraising is pathetic--and that is sadly compared to SBCUSA schools now. And with all of that to look at and absorb, the leaders around here look at it and clearly say, "RV, great job, buddy!!"

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3