TCU fan site comments on Meacham to UNT

Harry

Posted Today, 10:03 PM

Congrats Coach! Wish you great success! 

Brad Hardcastle (@Brad_Hardcastle) tweeted at 11:06 PM on Sun, Nov 29, 2015:
Looks like #TCU co-offensive coordinator Doug Meacham is taking the #UNT job, according to reports by @brettvito. Nothing official yet.

Patterson's head coaching tree expands, never a bad thing when attracting new assistant coaches.

Congrats to Coach Meach.

http://www.killerfrogs.com/msgboard/index.php?/topic/196715-meacham-new-hc-at-unt/

Edited by Harry

For a team that didn't start consistently having .500+ seasons until Patterson came along, they sure have a strange outlook on how pivotal a good coach can be for a Texas football program...

Gotta love that people think he deserves "better," though.  Makes me think we got something good coming our way for sure. Also, good on the folks wishing him well.  Hopefully some of them will keep following his career if he lands here!  *crossing fingers*

Edited by Tyler Maryak

Nice sentiments by most. Still some strong butt hurt by others. I hope Meach poaches whoever he can out the door. Bunch of douche bags over on that site. 

That's how everyone who isn't a hard core fan views this program, young Ben, if they view it at all.

That thread should be required reading for a whole bunch of AD insiders. 

Right now this program is rightfully viewed as the worst in the nation. In the 15th year of the current AD...

• Upvote 2

As mentioned elsewhere, I guess RV really doesn't leave many friends anywhere:

"Assuming this proceeds, I hope Coach Meacham lays down the law that AD Villareal needs to stay the hell off the sidelines, and keep clear of his coaching business."

From that thread...

Never happen, but they know our AD well...

Talked to some of my TCU peeps, not a favorable response from any of them when asked about Meacham to UNT, and for all of them it was for one reason. RV.

Apparently everyone in this part of the country who is involved in college football knows the problem, except for 17 people at UNT...

• Upvote 1

It looks like he's been sidelined or figureheaded for this coaching search. I also feel like the president will understand that our new HC's wall of skins and more importantly, wall of recent skins means the coach knows more about running a football program than RV.

Is this confirmed?  I really hope not.  I know everyone here wants RV gone, but if he's not going to be gone then he's going to have to be able to work with our new coach and his staff.

Nice sentiments by most. Still some strong butt hurt by others. I hope Meach poaches whoever he can out the door. Bunch of douche bags over on that site. 

quote from one of the TCU board posts.... "He's taking at least both of our best 2 grad assistants, an insanely important one in Oliver. Assuming he goes"