WKU at UNT

galojah

I posted this on the C-USA message board, but wanted to share here.  

I think UNT will play much closer against WKU than some think. I compare your situation to WKU basketball in 2012. The players did not want to play for Ken McDonald. Our record was 5-11 when he was fired mid-season. We ended up 17-19 with a win in the opening round of the NCAA tournament. This could be a defining moment for UNT.  I hope it is.  I am sure the team will have some player-only meetings and this season will have some highlights still. 

Big difference is that at least Mcdonald recruited well, and left Harper with good pieces to work with.

• Upvote 1

I posted this on the C-USA message board, but wanted to share here.  

I think UNT will play much closer against WKU than some think. I compare your situation to WKU basketball in 2012. The players did not want to play for Ken McDonald. Our record was 5-11 when he was fired mid-season. We ended up 17-19 with a win in the opening round of the NCAA tournament. This could be a defining moment for UNT.  I hope it is.  I am sure the team will have some player-only meetings and this season will have some highlights still. 

I hope you are right, but I think yall have close to 50 by halftime.

I honestly don't know why Mac didn't give Smith a chance. You can't expect anyone to do well at anythingwhen you put them in with their back on the wall. McNulty is a Journeyman player but not a marque player. He's Weedon, not Romo. Cassel not Brady. I want to see Smith start the 1st snap to the last. Mac should have too. 

• Upvote 1

If Smith starts, and if the team is motivated, so basically the opposite of yesterday, this game could be good.  I doubt the defense improves much, so it could be a shootout.

Short week, fantastic opponent...  I'm not expecting much.  

I'd just like to see MUCH more effort, and hopefully some improvement (especially around offensive playcalling).