UNT Night @ Rangers Ballpark

We have 7 seats in section 9 (LF corner). Ticket office warns that hats could be gone by 6:30...even knowing that game doesn't start until 8. Hats are apparently near gate 30 on the 1B side of the stadium.

There are in/out privileges if you want to go put your hats in the car, etc....imagine that.

BTW, Rangers got a lot of complaints last night because OSU 'sold' out their hat allotment. Rangers do not control this. The schools buy the hats (2000).

GMG

• Upvote 1

They didn't want Mac to throw it out. They were afraid it would be intercepted.

But damn, I didn't know it was UNT night. I would have gone.

Not likely when he directs Mini-Mac to hand it off to the catcher.

Wish I had known it was UNT night myself, especially since I spent the evening within a couple of miles of the stadium.

• Downvote 1

My sons and I had a great time at the game.  Craig Robertson did throw out the first pitch.  Lots of green in the stadium (more than I expected) and a ton of folks wearing the Mean Green Rangers hats, which were only given to people that bought the special UNT tickets.  Seemed like in almost every crowd shot shown on screen, you could see someone wearing UNT gear.  We sat near some folks that brought a Mean Green battle flag.   We enjoyed standing and singing the UNT fight song with other Mean Geen faithful each time it was played on the PA. 

• Upvote 3

My sons and I had a great time at the game.  Craig Robertson did throw out the first pitch.  Lots of green in the stadium (more than I expected) and a ton of folks wearing the Mean Green Rangers hats, which were only given to people that bought the special UNT tickets.  Seemed like in almost every crowd shot shown on screen, you could see someone wearing UNT gear.  We sat near some folks that brought a Mean Green battle flag.   We enjoyed standing and singing the UNT fight song with other Mean Geen faithful each time it was played on the PA. 

Sounds like it was a really fun night. They didn't seem to spend a lot of time working the Mean Green angle on TV. At one point they cut away from the field for a while, and one of the announcers got angry, complaining about a fan"s behavior. Did someone run onto the field?

Sounds like it was a really fun night. They didn't seem to spend a lot of time working the Mean Green angle on TV. At one point they cut away from the field for a while, and one of the announcers got angry, complaining about a fan"s behavior. Did someone run onto the field?

If someone ran onto the field, it happened after I left.  We wound up taking off after the 6th inning.  (It was getting late for the kids.)

Yes.  It happened twice.

• We had a group of ten that sat down the left field line in the Lexus Level seating. The air conditioning inside was sure worth the extra cost prior to the sun going down at the start of the game.   There were lots of green guys and gals there.  The line to get the caps was VERY long but moved pretty quickly.    After the game we were leaving the stadium and two people tried to buy some of our caps from us.   One lady was very nice and one gentleman said that he had been trying to get anyone to sell him one with no success.  Who knew that the Mean Green would be in such demand ?
  • Upvote 1

The first runner would make a good running back for someone...nice move to avoid the security guard on the field. He probably could have made it without being caught if he wouldn't have face planted when he tried to hurdle the wall...I'm sure his buddy said he would do it too, but security personnel helped him face plant on the field.

As for the hats...we walked in around 6:15 and the line rapped around the stadium.  The hats looked cool, but we decided that we didn't want to endure the long wait just to find they ran out just as we got there...but I was impressed by the number of people willing to wait to get our hat!  Surely there is an easier way for them to hand out hats.

• Upvote 1

And for all of you that complain about the ticket sales and promotions, there was a bit of good news.  After you picked up your cap, you had an opportunity to enter a raffle for a football helmet.  All you had to do was leave your name, number, and address.

I'm sure many who entered were like me and the athletic department already has all my information.  But, I'm guessing they got a few new names to contact about ticket sales.  I thought it was a good idea to get names of those that might already be in the target demographic.

• Upvote 4

I was sitting near the top with my parents and gf. While in line for a hat one of the concession hawkers told us that the line for UNT was longer than the one he saw for A&M night. Made me pretty happy to hear that.

The ending of the game could've gone better, but oh well. Fun night all around!!

Edited by That_Guy_Arlo
  • Upvote 1

And for all of you that complain about the ticket sales and promotions, there was a bit of good news.  After you picked up your cap, you had an opportunity to enter a raffle for a football helmet.  All you had to do was leave your name, number, and address.

I'm sure many who entered were like me and the athletic department already has all my information.  But, I'm guessing they got a few new names to contact about ticket sales.  I thought it was a good idea to get names of those that might already be in the target demographic.

uomnEjF.gif

See?  It doesn't take that much to make me happy.

• Upvote 1

Mike Smith, an asst AD who was at the table described above, told me that Rangers said NT sold the second highest number of tickets for the University Days series. Not sure if NT night was the last in the series or not.

GMG

Who had the highest?