Signing day special

ntmeangreen11

Not to nitpick but the distortion sound in the background caused me to turn this off. #ItsAllAJoke

It does get better in part 2, and by the second half it's pretty much entirely gone.

That said, there are production issues throughout the deal.

Very nice to see George's reaction to the announcement.

• Upvote 2

It does get better in part 2, and by the second half it's pretty much entirely gone.

Thanks. I watched the second half and it is really clear that the QB position is Smith's to lose based on DMac's statements. Lets hope he is the real deal. Also good to hear Chumley is still working at QB. If he develops...

And we also heard the 1st reference to the SMU game being a alternate home game by RV. I think we hear a lot more of that statement from him going forward.

Thanks. I watched the second half and it is really clear that the QB position is Smith's to lose based on DMac's statements. Lets hope he is the real deal. Also good to hear Chumley is still working at QB. If he develops...

And we also heard the 1st reference to the SMU game being a alternate home game by RV. I think we hear a lot more of that statement from him going forward.

I certainly hope so.

I mean, what's done is done, so now we need to work hard to gain an advantage for that game. He's not marketing it as a "home" game in the sense of it being added onto our season ticket package and such... He's saying: "Let's turn Ford Stadium Green". IMO, you have to do that in order to help gain your team an advantage.

How we got in that position is irrelevant, just like it will be every other year for the duration of this deal with them. We need to make the SMU games at Ford a "home" game.

I certainly hope so.

I mean, what's done is done, so now we need to work hard to gain an advantage for that game. He's not marketing it as a "home" game in the sense of it being added onto our season ticket package and such... He's saying: "Let's turn Ford Stadium Green". IMO, you have to do that in order to help gain your team an advantage.

How we got in that position is irrelevant, just like it will be every other year for the duration of this deal with them. We need to make the SMU games at Ford a "home" game.

I agree. The schedule is the schedule and we should all contribute to rightfully bitch about it. But we need to bring at minimum 10k to SMwho on Sep 12. Make a statement to the DFW metroplex they we care, we travel and we're here to be taken serious. A damn good "North-Texas" chant with an oversized crowd in Ford would put chills down my spine. GMG

I agree. The schedule is the schedule and we should all contribute to rightfully bitch about it. But we need to bring at minimum 10k to SMwho on Sep 12. Make a statement to the DFW metroplex they we care, we travel and we're here to be taken serious. A damn good "North-Texas" chant with an oversized crowd in Ford would put chills down my spine. GMG

Then say this, but don't call it a "home game" in any way, shape, or form.

Because it isn't.

The only other gmg.com predicted statement that we have left to hear is "We believe that Andrew McNulty can be just like Derek Thompson was in 2013, a senior QB that has greatleadership qualities and won't make many mistakes for our offense..."

I have no doubt, whatsoever, that this statement is coming. Don't care about what Mac said yesterday about QB play or that Smith may have more talent. Until otherwise stated, McNulty is the Busdriver du jour for this offense.

Edited by untjim1995

Distortion was horrible. Couldn't watch it either.

Had to settle for watching the Mac press conference.

Basically Mac said our QBs sucked and it is Canales' fault for recruiting the wrong kids. Mac is also complaining about the schedule and trying to lower expectations for next season.

What!?! NO!!

Canales does a great job here and is a great play caller and is great at recruiting and developing our young QB's. He just doesnt get the chance to spread his wings because of Mac (SARCASM)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Yep, Canales proved himself when it was dumped in his lap...for his success he was overlooked. As to the SMU game, it will be a home game. We have a lot of alums in Dallas who will be there and SMU doesn't.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2