Bill Mercer...

Marty

The Ticket is the best station in town by a mile. He's spot on when he says the only reason for the shakeup was the Cowboys success this year.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dallas-cowboys/headlines/20141126-d-fw-sports-radio-ratings-the-ticket-unseated-as-the-fan-takes-top-spot.ece

"The Ticket still led in Men 25-54 Mondays-Fridays 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. when the high-priced local talent is on duty. The Fan was No. 2, followed by KESN.

Credit for the ratings shakeup goes to the Fan's status as the radio flagship for the surprising Cowboys with all the ancillary programing that it provides as well as its Monday night and Thursday night NFL programming."

I disagree. Outside of Norm the stick-it offers up no information of any value whatsoever.

Rick

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

That is an interesting opinion likely based on your vast experience with the station.

Oh...

I've tried listening to the ticket and can't do it. Maybe tey just really sucked all the times I tried listening and I would have loved it if I had heard a different segment. Anything is possible I guess.

I don't listen to much radio, but get stuck there when a books on tape runs out. Russ Martin is popular too and I can't figure out why either.

I've tried listening to the ticket and can't do it. Maybe tey just really sucked all the times I tried listening and I would have loved it if I had heard a different segment. Anything is possible I guess.

I don't listen to much radio, but get stuck there when a books on tape runs out. Russ Martin is popular too and I can't figure out why either.

At least your opinion is based on spending a little time and coming to the conclusion that it isn't for you.

• Upvote 2

Yeah, you provide a ton of insight around here.

Of all the others who have said they don't like the Ticket I'm the one you chose to respond to. I'm honored.

You know I can't stand the Ticket and why. It's nothing to do with you of course.

But that aside, seriously, it's good to see you posting here again.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 5

Wow, this Bill Mercer thread sure got sidetracked. Bill talked about his days in the Navy in WW II, the JFK assassination, and of course the Ice Bowl. He's lived a pretty fascinating life. Norm asked Bill to come back on in a couple of weeks and talk about the WCCW days.

Wow, this Bill Mercer thread sure got sidetracked. Bill talked about his days in the Navy in WW II, the JFK assassination, and of course the Ice Bowl. He's lived a pretty fascinating life. Norm asked Bill to come back on in a couple of weeks and talk about the WCCW days among other things.

Norm asked Bill to come back on in a couple of weeks and talk about the WCCW days.

For anyone that grew up in this area in the 70s or early 80s, this should be can't miss radio.

If anyone hears when this interview is going to take place, please post on here.