2014 Mean Green Win/Loss Record?

wardly

We return 9 starters, and that has come up often without discussing the possible replacements.

Lets discuss EXPERIENCE.

Trice leaves, but we have two guys that have played D1 football. Warner actually started before. Wade started games at Austin peay. Played against MUTS,Cin, and Wisconsin.

Blake bean was a starter last year for buffalo.

Polk has played and started a game last season.

Lincoln played a lot in the rotation and has experience as a starter for 6 games.

Mason was in the rotation and actually started games in 2012.

zac Whitfield has starting experience.

Shawn McKinney has starting experience.

Im sure there's more. Jimmerson and peagram didnt "start", but they definetly know their way around a D1 football field.

• Upvote 3

I think La Tech does a 180 this year and could possible challenge for the West crown (top 4 teams). They have been consistently recruiting well, have one of the top RB's in CUSA and are well coached. It's a big advantage that you guys will see them at home this year.

Well let them have your spot. We plan on whipping them. They are pretty much a 4-8 team that has to rebuild both lines. Nice talent at the skill positons though.

6-6 Since we have what appears to be a fairly easy schedule. Sure we went 9-4 last year and won a bowl game. We also have 5 wins and 4 wins the two previous years. Too many question marks on this team and I have been a fan too long. Prove me wrong Mean Green!

I think we win all of our home games, so that give us 6 wins. I think we will lose at Texas, Indiana, Rice, and UTSA. That is 8-4.

Now, for my hedge on the bad side. If we have major injuries, this thing will do good to get 4 wins. But, assuming we stay healthy, I can also say this for the first time ever--there isn't one game on the schedule we cannot compete in and win, including Texas.

• Upvote 2

I have no freaking clue, but I'm expecting something similar to Mac's first year.

I'm a huge believer in 'experience + age' and expected us to have a good year in 2010 and last year. 2010 obviously didn't work out due to a number of factors, but mostly injuries. Last year we won lots of close games that in my opinion was due to having a team full of 4 and 5 year guys who had plenty of playing experience (21-22 year old men > 18-19 year old teenagers).

I have no freaking clue, but I'm expecting something similar to Mac's first year.

I'm a huge believer in 'experience + age' and expected us to have a good year in 2010 and last year. 2010 obviously didn't work out due to a number of factors, but mostly injuries. Last year we won lots of close games that in my opinion was due to having a team full of 4 and 5 year guys who had plenty of playing experience (21-22 year old men > 18-19 year old teenagers).

I hope you're dead wrong

I'm honestly hoping for 7-5 or better.

Yes, we lost a lot of starters from last season, but it's not like we're replacing every one of them with inexperienced players. As has been pointed out, aside from QB, Coach Mac did a lot of rotating our guys in and out of games last season to keep everyone fresh and get them some experience at the same time. I think that's going to give us depth this year and help this team be a little more well-conditioned than last year. I also believe that Coach Mac's attitude and ability to push our guys brings a lot of intangibles to the table for us.

It's partly on us as fans to show up even better than we did last season and fill Apogee a few times this season.

Man, I can't wait for kickoff on August 30th. It cannot get here soon enough. Beat Texsa, Hit 6, Hit30k, Fill Apogee and GO MEAN GREEN!!!

• Upvote 1

Uh, I believe Ball St. was the only game that was a win that was within one score. We LOST 3 close games.

Otherwise, I agree.

• Upvote 2

Im having a hard time understanding how some fans are assuming players on other teams are going to all of a sudden have big years, but not do the same for UNT.

FAU, SMU, and LaTech are all of a sudden supposed to have players that will make these below average teams become better, and good enough to come to apogee and win.

And while those teams got better, UNT has not. All of our talent will be frozen with lasts years skills with no improvement. Like All of our starters have reached thier ceiling, but other teams starters will improve.

And players like jimmerson, Lincoln, mason, etc cant possibly improve and become solid starters, purhaps even make a conference team.

How many people had trice penciled in as all cusa and predicted the season he had? No one saw buyers coming. Who predicted a Laramie lee season like last year?

seems like some are assuming the only players that will show up big time are ybarbo, lemon, and akunne. And really, by saying La Tech, FAU, and SMU are going to beat us with the DLs they have, you really arent giving our OL thier due.

• Upvote 7

I'm going to say 8-5. Either 7-5 with a bowl win, or 8-4 with a bowl loss. I expect a small drop-off from last year but not much, and when this year's QB comes back next year with a full season under his belt we could see double digit wins.

9-3

Wins: SMUt, LaTech, Nicholls, UAB, SoMiss, FAU, UTEP, FIU, UTSA

Losses: Texsa, Indiana, Rice

Expecting big things from our running game with Jimmerson, Pegram, Rollins, Ivery, Evans

Thankful that we didn't draw Marshall as an East opponent this year.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Im having a hard time understanding how some fans are assuming players on other teams are going to all of a sudden have big years, but not do the same for UNT.

FAU, SMU, and LaTech are all of a sudden supposed to have players that will make these below average teams become better, and good enough to come to apogee and win.

And while those teams got better, UNT has not. All of our talent will be frozen with lasts years skills with no improvement. Like All of our starters have reached thier ceiling, but other teams starters will improve.

And players like jimmerson, Lincoln, mason, etc cant possibly improve and become solid starters, purhaps even make a conference team.

How many people had trice penciled in as all cusa and predicted the season he had? No one saw buyers coming. Who predicted a Laramie lee season like last year?

seems like some are assuming the only players that will show up big time are ybarbo, lemon, and akunne. And really, by saying La Tech, FAU, and SMU are going to beat us with the DLs they have, you really arent giving our OL thier due.

Then 11 - 1!

Early on I had you guys this season finishing at 9-3:

Wins:

SMU

LaTech

Nicholls

Indiana

UAB

S. Miss

FAU

UTEP

FIU

Losses:

Texas

Rice

UTSA

Now that the season is just about here I think probably 8-4 or 7-5 with possible additional losses against Indiana and/or FAU.

Edited by RowdyTalk
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

UAB?

We had a veteran team last year that struggled on the road early in the season. It took them awhile to figure it out. Should have never lost to Ohio or Tulane. This is a team with a lot of questions and unproven players. throw in the fact That Mac is 5-14 on the road as UNT head coach..

• Upvote 1

We had a veteran team last year that struggled on the road early in the season. It took them awhile to figure it out. Should have never lost to Ohio or Tulane. This is a team with a lot of questions and unproven players. throw in the fact That Mac is 5-14 on the road as UNT head coach..

:iagree: