Any info on new Mean Green helmets/uniforms?

Me too, brother. I know a lot of people don't like the uniform threads, but It's cool that UNT might finally have a non-minor league look for TV. Image & perception is a big deal these days. I think it's become more evident after this season, after the positive response of the uni's for the Rice game & the bowl game.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

If North Texas has "minor league" uniforms, I wonder how people feel about school like Nebraska, Alabama, LSU, Texas, etc who have very simply designed uniforms.

they also have very intricately designed winning traditions in those simple uniforms. we have no real incentive to keep the "classic" look. I think we should try to get the SOW to be our new classic look. i don't wanna be the new oregon by any stretch of the imagination but we should do something new to go with the new burst of energy in the program!!! *long winded for no good reason*

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

If North Texas has "minor league" uniforms, I wonder how people feel about school like Nebraska, Alabama, LSU, Texas, etc who have very simply designed uniforms.

Like they said, we don't have the well-established traditions/winning those schools have. They can get away with it; I don't think we can pull it off. When you win & have those traditions, the uniforms are a little easier to stomach. Just my opinion.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Like they said, we don't have the well-established traditions/winning those schools have. They can get away with it; I don't think we can pull it off. When you win & have those traditions, the uniforms are a little easier to stomach. Just my opinion.

"Get away with it," as if it's criminal. "Easier to stomach" as if it's gross.

I happen to think those simple designs are beautiful. Am I alone?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Our current uniforms are great. If it were up to me the helmet logo would be the only thing I change. It lacks imagination. That being said I think they are better than anything I've seen us wear.
  • Upvote 3

Our current uniforms are great. If it were up to me the helmet logo would be the only thing I change. It lacks imagination. That being said I think they are better than anything I've seen us wear.

I agree. I would also use black to outline the numbers on the current uniforms. Keep the black, make slight adjustments to the current green and white uniforms and put the eagle on the helmet. Still want bird poop helmet stickers.

• Upvote 2

I agree. I should clarify that my issues are with our helmets more than with the uniforms. I like the uniforms ok, but the helmets are terrible.

• Upvote 1

Wow, that's pretty critical of an opinion.

I'm ok with the simple uniforms. I actually even like the color of the green, which a lot of people don't. I would just like a change for the helmets. Whatever happens, I'll always support UNT. Believe me, my family & friends get an earful about UNT,especially during football season!