MGB: UNT's schedule is out

Brett Vito

As long as the home games are wins. I could really care less about who the opponent is. You get a fan to come to a home game and win the chances are much higher for them to return to another home game opposed to losing that home game. SO JUST win all the home games + win 1/2 the road games = BOWL GAME!!!!!

• Upvote 2

Not a huge fan of having 3 home games in a row and then only one in October...hope all the September ones are night games!

Apprarently FIU is getting 8 home games with 4 of them in a row:

8/30 BC @ FIU

9/6 Wagner @ FIU

9/13 Pitt @ FIU

9/20 Louisville @ FIU

9/27 FIU @ UAB

10/4 FAU @ FIU

10/11 FIU @ UTEP

10/18 Marshall @ FIU

10/25 BYE

11/1 Rice @ FIU

11/8 FIU @ Old Dominion

11/15 MTSU @ FIU

11/22 FIU @ North Texas

11/29 BYE

UTSA as the last game on the schedule strikes me as something that could become an annual thing.

I like this idea.

Why not promote as a "Green-out the Alamo" or "Remember the Apogee" (as was suggested earlier) and really see how much green we can get in their stadium. I was frustrated (and admittedly impressed) by how loud their fans were in Apogee but we should be able to return the favor in a much bigger way.

8/30 BC @ FIU

9/6 Wagner @ FIU

9/13 Pitt @ FIU

9/20 Louisville @ FIU

9/27 FIU @ UAB

10/4 FAU @ FIU

10/11 FIU @ UTEP

10/18 Marshall @ FIU

10/25 BYE

11/1 Rice @ FIU

11/8 FIU @ Old Dominion

11/15 MTSU @ FIU

11/22 FIU @ North Texas

11/29 BYE

Call me a skeptic, but I doubt FIU is getting BC, Pitt, and Louisville at home. It seems someone mixed up the home team and the visiting team.

Then again, if even one of those are home games, FIU would have brought a more marque team to their home stadium than we have in the 1st four years at Apogee.

Yet, we still whore ourselves out to any big boy that is interested.

Football Scheduling. The absolute worst thing we do.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

BC = Bethune Cookman

But yes, they are hosting both Pittsburgh & Louisville this year... Amazing , huh ?

http://www.fiusports.com/Sports/MensSports/Football/Article/tabid/419/article/20766/2014-FIUFootball-Schedule-Announced.aspx

Ya, it's just soooooooo haaaarrrrddd to get name teams to come to Apogee.

Don't believe me? Just ask RV.

(Shakes head and walks away).

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

Can't wait for the revenge in San Antonio on Nov 29th!

"Remember the Apogee!!!!"

I would buy it. It needs the Apogee stadium with a mean green logo labeled on a David Crockett hat along with a UNT flag both hanging on display with the wind blowing either on top or beside the stadium. Add a cannon or two to the mix. It would make for a good rivalry shirt. Also, it would be nice to have a piece of hardware to take back with us when we do win that is very dear to them.

• Upvote 2

We still have to play at least one money game on the road, which is a long way from the 3&4 we played while Darrell was coach. It's hard for us to schedule home and home with the power conferences on a regular basis. We were able to do so with Kansas State and Indiana, but that is the exception rather than the rule.Anyone who has an idea on how to accomplish this can speak up, otherwise as long as we have 6 home games I don't see what the bitch is.

• Upvote 2

8/30 BC @ FIU

9/6 Wagner @ FIU

9/13 Pitt @ FIU

9/20 Louisville @ FIU

9/27 FIU @ UAB

10/4 FAU @ FIU

10/11 FIU @ UTEP

10/18 Marshall @ FIU

10/25 BYE

11/1 Rice @ FIU

11/8 FIU @ Old Dominion

11/15 MTSU @ FIU

11/22 FIU @ North Texas

11/29 BYE

We're told that we have to play a bodybag game every year, and that it's a struggle to get 6 home games in a season, because we can't average at least 25k in attendance. But FIU, who does well to have 12k in attendance, gets 8 home games in a season, featuring teams like Pitt and Louisville in their house.

EDIT: And, I might add, they get them to come to their absolute dump of a stadium, when we can offer visiting teams the palatial accommodations of Apogee.

Edited by Mean Green 93-98

We're told that we have to play a bodybag game every year, and that it's a struggle to get 6 home games in a season, because we can't average at least 25k in attendance. But FIU, who does well to have 12k in attendance, gets 8 home games in a season, featuring teams like Pitt and Louisville in their house.

EDIT: And, I might add, they get them to come to their absolute dump of a stadium, when we can offer visiting teams the palatial accommodations of Apogee.

I imagine the sales job of getting to play in the fertile recruiting grounds of South Florida is the major contributor to this.

UNT is in the fertile recruiting grounds of the Metroplex.

FYI- Amtrak has tickets from Ft. Worth to San Antonio on Fri, Nov 28 for $34. Train depot in SA is next to the Alamodome and within walking distance to all downtown hotels and the Riverwalk. Travel time is listed as close to 7 hrs but thats 7 hrs of conversing, partying, with fellow Mean Green fans instead of sitting in traffic on I-35. Return trip on Sunday morning will cost you $54

• Upvote 2

FYI- Amtrak has tickets from Ft. Worth to San Antonio on Fri, Nov 28 for $34. Train depot in SA is next to the Alamodome and within walking distance to all downtown hotels and the Riverwalk. Travel time is listed as close to 7 hrs but thats 7 hrs of conversing, partying, with fellow Mean Green fans instead of sitting in traffic on I-35. Return trip on Sunday morning will cost you $54

Cheaper than gas for driving.

What time does that return leave Sunday morning?