Tulane (1/11/14)

CMJ

Tried to convince a coworker to come out for this game.

"I don't really watch much sports."

"It's less like watching a sport, and more like watching someone torture a beloved relative now."

"Oh... Well, then maybe?"

Building the fan base, one at a time.

:lol:

• Upvote 1

I expect a win and nothing less in this one. This will tell a lot because it will be an uphill climb for quite a few games after this one. We gave USM a run for their money so we need to dominate Tulane. We play like we did on Thursday and we will win for sure.

If we happen to lose ... ?

If we happen to lose ... ?

Not sure. I suppose it would depend on the circumstance then. I do not for see that. There have only been two disappointing games all year BYU and SFA. I honestly believe both teams are extremely good. I will stand by my BYU statement from earlier. They are in the top eight in rebounds, assists, and scoring. There are not many teams in college who can say that. In fact I have found no team to put up those numbers. It will translate into wins and a solid team as the season goes on.

Not sure. I suppose it would depend on the circumstance then. I do not for see that. There have only been two disappointing games all year BYU and SFA. I honestly believe both teams are extremely good. I will stand by my BYU statement from earlier. They are in the top eight in rebounds, assists, and scoring. There are not many teams in college who can say that. In fact I have found no team to put up those numbers. It will translate into wins and a solid team as the season goes on.

Is this a bit?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

Could this be win number 10 and PAYDAY? Only the Phantom knows for sure at this point.

Everyone needs to remember that the winner personally does not get the $50. The loser is required to make that $50 a donation to the Mean Green Club. So....matters not who wins or loses from a financial standpoint....UNT and the Mean Green Club is the winner here!

So close....so close....you think the loser must present the winner the check in a public setting? How about at the GMG.com basketball game in March at halftime? Photos and all? I'm game.....what say you UNT90?

Could today be the day? Keeping all fingers and toes crossed here! :-)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Could this be win number 10 and PAYDAY? Only the Phantom knows for sure at this point.

Everyone needs to remember that the winner personally does not get the $50. The loser is required to make that $50 a donation to the Mean Green Club. So....matters not who wins or loses from a financial standpoint....UNT and the Mean Green Club is the winner here!

So close....so close....you think the loser must present the winner the check in a public setting? How about at the GMG.com basketball game in March at halftime? Photos and all? I'm game.....what say you UNT90?

Could today be the day? Keeping all fingers and toes crossed here! :-)

I would have made him count the game against USM haha

• Upvote 1

By that logic, you could take away some of the wins where we looked bad.

I honestly believe the refs gift wrapped that game. I'm fine with the loss because I expected it, but I have never seen such poor officiating. I wish they would Back off the Ticky tack fouls and traveling calls on both sides of the ball. Just slows down the game. NCAA is suppose to be fast paced excitement that is why pele watch it over the NBA. It's not super slow and can get boring at times.

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3