Tulane (1/11/14)

CMJ

Biggest issue is offense. We do not shoot the BALL! Cannot win if you do not shoot the ball.

My issue was why last game did they call a flagrant on Vaughn's when Alzee was ahead but this game TJ is on a break away and they foul him and nothing.... This game it should have been a flags rent last game it should not. That is only only real grip. TJ had the open lane. It should have been two free throws and the ball. And last game it should have been a general foul. Refs are horrible but it does not excuse our poor shooting night.

• Upvote 1

Also someone get CJ in the gym! He has gained almost 20 pounds in a year it looked like according to the stat sheet. I think he will never be the same after his injury. He sin hesitant, out of shape, and makes poor decisions. I feel bad for him because he had a ton of potential! I wish I could talk to him in person and see what's up. We also need to sub a bit less.

Vaughans, Taylor, Aniefiok, Voss, and Colman for 7 minutes straight might do wonders.

• Upvote 1

So, Andrew, can we count this one with BYU as a "disappointing" loss or is there a moralvictory somewhere buried in there?

Seriously, you're doing a bit, right?

Disappointing but not like the BYU or SFA game. Those games no one showed up or hustled. This game there were positives and negatives but of course losing is not fun for anyone involved.

• Upvote 1

I just do not understand why they do not shoot. I could sit 6 feet behind the 3 point line and knock down about 30% of my shots all day. These are scholarship players they should be able to do the same. Chris Davis, George King, Calvin Watson, Tristan Thompson just to name a few. All could do that every game.

I have no clue if that is coaching or players being hesitant but that needs to change. Immediately. TJ was the only one putting it up it seemed. We need to shoot off the pass and create our own shot. If that is the coaches call then they are wrong and if it's the players choice they are wrong. I do not care who's fault it is. They need to fix it out now!

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 1