HoD helmet

We should just use these for special occasions, though. Keep them special. We need a uniform redesign next year. Get North Texas off the damn helmets. The SOW is here to stay. Our highest publicized games we've had the SOW. No excuses anymore. The helmets today didn't look cheap either (helmet stickers) and our new ones should be to that level of quality, IMO. I do think we need to be wearing green more often, the uniforms just need a redesign, not to look so cheap. I love the black ones but they should be an alternate.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Fox Sports 1 gives us the nod as one of the most awesome helmets of the postseason.

http://msn.foxsports.com/college-football/story/heart-of-dallas-bowl-north-texas-unlv-mean-joe-greene-best-of-the-bowls-010114

Maybe some comments about the game will prompt them to talk more about the play, and not just the helmet? (Which does still deserve a lot of talk.)

• Upvote 5

We should just use these for special occasions, though. Keep them special. We need a uniform redesign next year. Get North Texas off the damn helmets. The SOW is here to stay. Our highest publicized games we've had the SOW. No excuses anymore. The helmets today didn't look cheap either (helmet stickers) and our new ones should be to that level of quality, IMO. I do think we need to be wearing green more often, the uniforms just need a redesign, not to look so cheap. I love the black ones but they should be an alternate.

It seems as if the RV took away his argument of using "North Texas" as exposure when our biggest games were with the SOW.

I agree with you. SOW should always be are helmet. Bust out these black ones for big games (ie SMU).

Edited by Eastwood Eagle

Those were AMAZING!!! I love us wearing green, and would still love to see a two tone green uniform. Otherwise, we need a green version of this helmet for regular wear next year, or we need to stick with this, and wear black pants at home with a modernized green jersey. The mint green helmet is just too...minty.

Dear God in Heaven, I WANT one of these!

Edited by Rudy
  • Upvote 1

Apparently they wanted new helmets but didn't have time. The entire helmet was a sticker. The carbon fiber covering, I mean. They used the SOW helmet in all the media things, I'd be willing to bet money it's gone. 3-0 with the eagle on the helmet and our defining wins this season (Rice and this) we were wearing it. Boom. Done.