Brigham Young (12/3/13)

CMJ

BYU is one of the best scoring teams in the country. Their junior guard Tyler Haws is basically what Jimmer Fredette was for them a few years ago, but Haws is 6'5". He was Fredette's wingman for Jimmer's junior year, then Haws went on a mission for two years so he wasn't able to help Jimmer out during his senior year.

Haws is in his second year back from his mission and is averaging 23.7 point/game this year, and averaged 21.7 last year. They have a lot of guys who can knock down the three ball and a 6'10" freshman center who can score (13.4 points/game).

If our zone is sloppy these guys will drill open threes on us all night. We match up well athletically, and we have to use that to our advantage.

BYU is one of the best scoring teams in the country. Their junior guard Tyler Haws is basically what Jimmer Fredette was for them a few years ago, but Haws is 6'5". He was Fredette's wingman for Jimmer's junior year, then Haws went on a mission for two years so he wasn't able to help Jimmer out during his senior year.

Haws is in his second year back from his mission and is averaging 23.7 point/game this year, and averaged 21.7 last year. They have a lot of guys who can knock down the three ball and a 6'10" freshman center who can score (13.4 points/game).

If our zone is sloppy these guys will drill open threes on us all night. We match up well athletically, and we have to use that to our advantage.

We match up well athletically with about three-quarters of programs in the country. Athleticism isn't the issue.

Who we don't match up well with are well-drilled, disciplined teams with a versatile scoring post presence and good perimeter shooters...Creighton, Lehigh...Alabama-Huntsville.

I think this is gonna get ugly.

• Upvote 1

We match up well athletically with about three-quarters of programs in the country. Athleticism isn't the issue.

Who we don't match up well with are well-drilled, disciplined teams with a versatile scoring post presence and good perimeter shooters...Creighton, Lehigh...Alabama-Huntsville.

I think this is gonna get ugly.

Agree with everything you said. I just think that if ever there is a game where we need to take advantage of our athleticism, it is this one.

Benford said in his post game talk that he wishes he had not scheduled this game now. So he knows it is going to be tough. He said no one expects us to win it so we plan on going in and surprising some people with our play. BYU can shoot lights out. I hope we run man against them.

• Upvote 1

We are on a 3 game win streak, something we haven't done before under Benford. Let's hope this trend continues.

I want to know who our top three scorers have been in each game this season. I'll number crunch on that sometime this week unless someone has already done it.

We never did it under Benford...all this improvement is under Tony Denton.

We are on a 3 game win streak, something we haven't done before under Benford. Let's hope this trend continues.

I want to know who our top three scorers have been in each game this season. I'll number crunch on that sometime this week unless someone has already done it.

It varies from game to game but Alzee has been very consistent! The past two games Jordan is right up there with him. Other then that one game it is CJ, the next it is TJ, the next it is Vaughn's, the next it is Maurice, and then Brandon Walton. The scoring threat outside of Alzee has been very spread out over the past three games. Everyone listed along with Colman has been a double digit scorer in at least one of the three games in our win streak.

• Upvote 1

Benford said in his post game talk that he wishes he had not scheduled this game now. So he knows it is going to be tough. He said no one expects us to win it so we plan on going in and surprising some people with our play. BYU can shoot lights out. I hope we run man against them.

The bold part tells me all I need to know about Benford, and what it tells me isn't a good reflection on him.

• Upvote 4

I haven't had cable in years but this would surprise me. It seems like, at best, a part of a sports package.

I have had it all three places I have stayed. We have direct TV and just have the basic package. It's in the religion channels. It's just like TBN(?) or those other televangelist channels. Generally they just air sermons or feel good tv shows.

• Upvote 1