Brigham Young (12/3/13)

CMJ

So, I have something that came up for tonight so I won't be following it live. I am recording the game though, so this is once that I don't want anyone to text me updates. I'll probably be watching it late night about 11-1AM (my time) - and will post any thoughts tomorrow.

Hope we win, though expecting a big loss.

Not a bit. I was just questioning the relevance of the A/FGM stat.

"The problem with assists is that it's basically impossible to find evidence in any data that they help teams score more efficiently."

Source: http://www.sbnation.com/2013/4/10/4208428/nba-assists-shooting-knicks-heat-bulls

:mellow:

If you think the NBA and college game are the same thing I really don't have the energy to continue this any further.

:mellow:

If you think the NBA and college game are the same thing I really don't have the energy to continue this any further.

I understand its an NBA article, but I highly doubt the correlation between assists and team shooting efficiency (scoring) are much different between NCAA and NBA. If you have proof to the contrary, I am all eyes.

• Upvote 1

it looks like the game will be streamed here http://www.byutvsports.com/gameday/game/?id=4f2c8c27-6b2a-49d4-9648-9d4a2c23d0a8 I've emailed them to confirm the broadcast and cost. I signed up for an account, but there were no charges associated with the create of the account. I wonder if you have to pay once you watch? I'll post their response when I receive it.

Also, here is a listing of BYU TV Channels for Direct TV and Dish: http://www.byutv.org/getbyutv

• Upvote 2

Looks like we are all set with a free internet streaming of the game! Here is the BYU TV support response:

Dear Christopher,

Thank you for your email and interest in our station! You can watch the BYU men's basketball game tonight by going on our website at byutv.org. You can do a live stream of the game for free by clicking on the tab that says "Watch" and then selecting "Live TV". The game begins at 7pm MT so you will be able to tune in then and watch. If we do have rights to archive the game, you can find it on byutvsports.com.
Please let us know if you have additional questions or comments by contacting us again. We hope you enjoy the game and have a great day!
Andrea
BYUtv
  • Upvote 3

Looks like we are all set with a free internet streaming of the game! Here is the BYU TV support response:

Dear Christopher,

Thank you for your email and interest in our station! You can watch the BYU men's basketball game tonight by going on our website at byutv.org. You can do a live stream of the game for free by clicking on the tab that says "Watch" and then selecting "Live TV". The game begins at 7pm MT so you will be able to tune in then and watch. If we do have rights to archive the game, you can find it on byutvsports.com.
Please let us know if you have additional questions or comments by contacting us again. We hope you enjoy the game and have a great day!
Andrea
BYUtv

AWESOME! Thanks!

But it is not a sports channel. They do show some cool throw back games. They show a lot of their old classic holiday bowel games from the 70s and 80s.

When I go that channel, all I see is a replay loop of what appears to be a violent sodomy of a football team with a cow head logo on the side of their helmet. Am I in the right place?

• Upvote 1