Trip to Tulsa Head Count

All About UNT

Tulsa is a great city and the University of Tulsa is a pretty campus. The last time we went there, we met lots of really nice Tulsa fans. kSkelly Stadium will remind you of Fouts and make Apogee seem even nicer. I may go back, however, I am convinced that when I go on the road to watch NT, we lose. I may take one for the team and stay home. No decision yet.

For now,

Beat UTSA. Then, beat everybody else.

GO MEAN GREEN

Same goes for me. We had a good time two years ago in every aspect but the game result. I'm scheduled to be down in The Woodlands area for Thanksgiving, but would sure like to turn around and make the trip again. We shall see.

• Upvote 1

If I go, it will probably be drive up and back like I did with La Tech. Tulsa is a great town, but I'm still pissed that them for getting out of the conference as quickly as they could so that they didn't have to associate with us cretins. You know, kind of like SMU, only with blue and gold unis. I hope we send them off with a nice ass whipping.....with lots of excessive scoring.

• Upvote 4

OK........ American Airlines will fly you for $92 RT next weekend from DFW to Tulsa. For those that don't want to drive........you can't beat that with a stick.

http://www.aa.com/netsaaver/viewNetSAAverSpecialsDetails.do?fN=domesticGetaways_7ap.xml&locale=en_US&saleId=11

Just looked at it and it doesn't apply to the right dates it appears.

I checked Southwest and if you're flying out of Love Field you can do a fly in one day and fly back out the next day and you'll play $69 or $79 each way. It's a little more expensive but not bad at all if you want to skip the drive time. And Southwest has really early morning flights as well.

looks like the wifey and i are down for another road trip....ahhhh...3.2 beer...guess that means i'll need 2 cases to satisfy my needs at tailgating...

Downside: 3.2 beer

Upside: 3.2 beer in OK is considerably cheaper than its TX counterpart

Reality: 3.2 is Alcohol by Weight, which translates to 4.2% Alcohol by Volume. Milwaukee's Best Light in TX is 4.2% abv

Conclusion: Your 3.2 beer in OK will get you just as good to go on case day and will cost considerably less

But if you stay over: Tulsa bars have a wide selection of local micros and IPAs along with your standard California/Colorado/Kansas City flavors that are fully leaded.

Little known trick for cheap beer in a bar in OK: PBR in a can is, for some reason, considerably higher in alcohol than its bud/miller/coors peers. Yet it is often quite a bit cheaper.

Unlike Utah, where all draft beer must, by law, be 3.2, anything on tap in OK that isn't bud/miller/coors will be fully leaded.

Edit: Source: Dude, seriously? Have you met me?

Edited by oldguystudent