Pulling for UTSA to beat Tulane in Alamodome Sat.

Harry

If KFCU beats Tulane then the aac has to deal with bringing in a bad Tulsa team, plus a Tulane team that can't beat one of the CUSA startup teams. The aac will have solidified themselves, at best, as a peer conference to CUSA in the sport that matters in all this realignment mess.

It will be very interesting to see how things work out. I hope the perception of the aac to take a step backwards in Texas with only UH and SMU in the conference.

• Upvote 3

I completely mis-judged Tulsa. If UNT stays focused and takes care of business, we will win out.

And then, 90 is right. We won't need any 'help' from UTSA. If UTSA wins against Tulane, I'll consider it a slip-up for Tulane. Although, I don't really believe Tulane is all that much better than UTSA. Defensively, they will hold UTSA's offense at bay.

• Upvote 1

Some of you not realize that if UTSA beats Tulane and then NT, that they would be tied with NT with the tie breaker.

I think they will beat Tulane and it sets up a big game with NT. Tulane's voodoo doesn't work in San Antonio.

NT should win the West, but they have to win out. They will be favored in every game but UTSA now looks like the most difficult.

Plus 1

• Upvote 1

Hope Tulane beats them by 30.

Wish it were 70.

Rice will beat Tulane. We don't need Roadkill's help.

For anything. Ever.

i have to give this to UNT90... at least he is trying to help establish a reason for a rivalry...

when UTSA fans see this... insta-rivalry!

• Upvote 1

i have to give this to UNT90... at least he is trying to help establish a reason for a rivalry...

when UTSA fans see this... insta-rivalry!

Psssssh...

It has to be competitive for it to be a rivalry. We will kill them.

UTSA fans can want all they want, but you need to play college football for more than a second to establish any rivalries.

Besides, they are too busy figuring out which Big 5 conference they will grace with their presence.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

By the way, we no longer do the KFC deal anymore. Its now Sonic and the "Rowdy Burger" I bought one and got 4 free tickets, a UTSA koozie, his and hers tshirts, 2 vouchers for free drinks at the AlamoDome and a Coach Coker Fathead for my wall.

I don't care of this is trolling. I want a Coach Mac Fathead. A big text bubble saying "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?" would make it better.

• Upvote 4

We all know UNT90 well and find his dilusionary comments entertaining. All in good fun and every fanbase has someone similar

By the way, we no longer do the KFC deal anymore. Its now Sonic and the "Rowdy Burger" I bought one and got 4 free tickets, a UTSA koozie, his and hers tshirts, 2 vouchers for free drinks at the AlamoDome and a Coach Coker Fathead for my wall.

You should stick around.

• Upvote 1

We all know UNT90 well and find his dilusionary comments entertaining. All in good fun and every fanbase has someone similar

Not going to lie. That's a hell of a deal.

• Upvote 2

We all know UNT90 well

The BOR, big donors, now you guys.

If I'm murdered, it'll never be solved. The list of suspects will be endless.

Unless I'm beaten to death. Anything associated with UTSA could be instantly ruled out at that point.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 5

I agree with UNT90. Our boys won't let this one slip by them. I do agree they will be a good conference mate even though I'm not a fan of the UT(Ad a City) system. Good natured college trash talk is always fun. But of course....I want to send them on a long bus ride back to SA wishing they never stepped foot in Apogee. UTEP first though. So focus on the target at hand.

• Upvote 1

Wow.

Expecting us to lose and then knocking a fellow alumni in support of a 3 year old program that has zero facilities and only got into CUSA because of a TV market?

Stay classy.

Sorry guys but I have to agree with UNT90 on utsa. You people do realize that with their win over both Tulsa and a win over Tulane, both long standing members of D1A/FBS, it would give them a whole bunch of momentum going into their game with us.

UNT90, I'm on your side.

Edited by DeepGreen
  • Upvote 2

I think they are giving us a break because we are playing for America this week. Its our military appreciation game and we will be rocking our American Flag Rowdy helmets. Just a guess

UTSA shouldn't be allowed to wear anything resembling an American flag. Why?

Well, you see, America was built through perseverance, sacrifice, patience, and years and years of hard work by our forefathers.

UTSA was built on a bucket of chicken and a TV market, which apparently equals instant college football acceptance. Hard work? Sacrifice? Patience? Perseverance? Not in their vocabulary.

They should be ashamed to wear anything that represents the United States of America.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

UTSA shouldn't be allowed to wear anything resembling an American flag. Why?

Well, you see, America was built through perseverance, sacrifice, patience, and years and years of hard work by our forefathers.

UTSA was built on a bucket of chicken and a TV market, which apparently equals instant college football acceptance. Hard work? Sacrifice? Patience? Perseverance? Not in their vocabulary.

They should be ashamed to wear anything that represents the United States of America.

Shame on you sir. San Antonio is a great military city and we are proud of those who have served or those currently serving for our country. Every memeber of the Air Force attends basic training at Lackland AFB. Want to be a pilot? Most likey you will learn to fly at Randolph AFB. Ft. Sam Houston is a historic base that still provides medical training to our service men and woman. Brooks Army Medical Center now called San Antonio Military Medical Center (SAMMC) is a level 1 trauma center and one of the best burn units in the county. Many IED victims end up in SAMMC when they get back state side. Since UTSA is San Antonio's team I think we more than earned the right to wear America's colors on our helmet.

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 2

For rankings purposes & bowl selection, we should only be rooting for Rice to beat Tulane. It boosts NT's SOS.

The best scenario would be for NT & Rice to win out with Tulane only slipping against Rice. It softens the blow on NTs loss to Tulane. Georgia & Ohio need to win out as well.

• Upvote 1