Is anyone excited about Andrew McNulty next season?

MeanGreenZen

We couldn't wait to give Thompson's job to Berglund when he committed here. Then when Berglund flamed out, we decided Dajon was the heir apparent. But Mac has made McNulty the obvious No. 2 this season. If Mac thought Berglund was going to be the starter next year, seems like Berglund would be getting the garbage snaps this season so he could have some reps under his belt. Also think they would try to work Dajon in a little more this season if he was the obvious choice to take over next year instead of getting the medical redshirt. Seems like McNulty is the favorite right now to be our starter next year. How do you feel about that?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

We couldn't wait to give Thompson's job to Berglund when he committed here. Then when Berglund flamed out, we decided Dajon was the heir apparent. But Mac has made McNulty the obvious No. 2 this season. If Mac thought Berglund was going to be the starter next year, seems like Berglund would be getting the garbage snaps this season so he could have some reps under his belt. Also think they would try to work Dajon in a little more this season if he was the obvious choice to take over next year instead of getting the medical redshirt. Seems like McNulty is the favorite right now to be our starter next year. How do you feel about that?

DJW.
  • Upvote 1

I'm very excited to see McNulty this AND next season. Every time we have a nice fat lead.

Seriously though, he was 5-5 against Georgia so he may be getting the bugs worked out. I'm looking forward to seeing how all of the new QBs develop.

• Upvote 2

I'm very excited to see McNulty this AND next season. Every time we have a nice fat lead.

Seriously though, he was 5-5 against Georgia so he may be getting the bugs worked out. I'm looking forward to seeing how all of the new QBs develop.

The word on the street and from those who have actually gotten to see him compete in practice say he's got a lot of game.

And I just learned recently that for the first time in Mac's tenure the QB's were allowed to get hit and brought to the ground this Spring AND Fall.

That may have something to do with what we are seeing in way of the depth chart at that position.

A normal man would not have survived the pounding that DT took against Georgia. I learned standing right there watching it from 20 feet away exactly why DT won the starting job this year.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 2

I'm reasonably sure that when the young man reads this, his reaction will probably be that there are many on this board who share your opinion that he "flamed out." I hope that is not the case but, more importantly, I hope that if it is true they will find less caustic words to express that opinion.

I'm reasonably sure that when the young man reads this, his reaction will probably be that there are many on this board who share your opinion that he "flamed out." I hope that is not the case but, more importantly, I hope that if it is true they will find less caustic words to express that opinion.

Whatever you want to call it. As a hs recruit, the dude was ranked up there with Johnny Football. Now he is (at best) a third string QB. I am rooting for Berglund. I expected him to come here and win the job. I'm sure he did, too. I just wonder why he is so far down the depth chart?

I wasn't trying to be negative with this thread. We are 5-3. I was just pointing out that large factions of fans are excited about Dajon and Berglund but it looks like McNulty is the favorite for next year right now. The backup QB is usually the most popular guy on campus, but everyone is disappointed when McNulty enters a game and not Berglund or Dajon. I will root for whoever is our QB. As an athlete, McNulty reminds me of Scott Hall. Hope we get up big more this season so he can get additional snaps.

• Upvote 3

Dajon is going to get a medical hardship waiver redshirt thing this season.....we hope.

But I do think its garbage we haven't see BB.

The non-playing of Dajon Williams is a total mystery to me. Is there more going on with that? Just what kind of injury does he have that will get him a Med RS? Was that injury in a game or at practice? I don't have to know but would like to.

The non-playing of Dajon Williams is a total mystery to me. Is there more going on with that? Just what kind of injury does he have that will get him a Med RS? Was that injury in a game or at practice? I don't have to know but would like to.

Who cares what type of injury or how he got it. As long as he gets the med RS.

I just dont understand why Mac wouldn't clear the bench(Berglund) to get everyone PT. these kids who who wrk their buts off every day deserve it.