Desmon White

Keith7

Taking him back as a transfer would set a bad, bad precedent. Everybody who comes to play here needs to be doing so for the first time. None of this dangle themselves in front of us while really fishing for a flashier opportunity, then coming crawling back a year later when Patterson plays a QB who can actually stand up to Big XII competition.

nah. It was just a verbal.

Silver is right. We might get a guy like Brock who actually pans out, and see White disappear in the depths of the Big XII.

Best wishes to everyone involved.

Guess that (empty) crowd shot photo that went viral online; ie, the one taken at the TCU/Kansas game at Amon Carter Stadium was the clincher! :rolleyes:

And this verbal commit loss leaves North Texas with only about 160,000 other Lone Star State Friday

Night Heros to develop ties, then with some of them who will give us early verbal commits knowing most will

follow through and honor those commitments. That an admirable trait they will be able to build on in most their lifetimes when their college careers are over and their careers begin.

We should wish him well, dust our feet and move on.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

Okay lets be honest here. Its not that we lost a potential QB, its that we lost a potential playmaker. That's what hurts the most.

Even though we have had some success recently we still aren't there yet. The buzz is building no doubt, but its not loud enough for difference makers to chose us over a BigXII school. My hope is that this kid gets to visit us again, maybe the Rice game? Who knows no need to shut the door on someone yet. Its a long road to signing day there is still plenty to play out.

• Upvote 1

Okay lets be honest here. Its not that we lost a potential QB, its that we lost a potential playmaker. That's what hurts the most.

Even though we have had some success recently we still aren't there yet. The buzz is building no doubt, but its not loud enough for difference makers to chose us over a BigXII school. My hope is that this kid gets to visit us again, maybe the Rice game? Who knows no need to shut the door on someone yet. Its a long road to signing day there is still plenty to play out.

yup.

We will find the right guy. A guy who actually values game time more than the temporary starlight of a better school. Adios. Bet we have more ESPN highlights than you do in the next couple years. Poor fool.

I don't know if you guys know this yet but I'm kinda clairvoyant.

Guys like this are easier to replace than if he was a big lineman or a tall, strong-armed QB. Not saying it will be easy, but I'd venture to guess that given the chance, there are guys on the team now that can step up and play the positions that White was being recruited for. Small and quick is not hard to find--turning them into producers on the field at the college level is a whole other issue.

• Upvote 1

Good luck Desmon. However I like what I see in the QB's evolving at UNT. UNT is in good shape and Mac will keep loading the roster, he knows how.

UNT Quarterbacks:

Andrew McNulty, Soph.

Brock Berglund, Soph.

Dejon Williams, Fr.

Jordan Gill, FR.

Gill transferred to Southeastern Oklahoma.

We have a QB in Connor Means committed also.

I'm not sold on the Connor Means pick up. This season he is 65 for 123, 52%, 928 yds, 8 TD and 7 INTs. Not a stellar season to this point.

You guys know that Desmon White wasn't going to play QB for us, right?

He's smaller than Riley Dodge.

Edited by Keith7

I'm not sold on the Connor Means pick up. This season he is 65 for 123, 52%, 928 yds, 8 TD and 7 INTs. Not a stellar season to this point.

A lot goes into passing numbers besides a players talent. He could have bad receivers, a horrible line or the offense could be a run-first offense. I think the coaches are going off of talent and upside more than pure stats.

I think another thing to remember about White is that he's a risk. He may be the next Brelan Chancellor, or his talent may not hold up at the FBS level and he may get flattened. We'll only know when he finally hits the field for whatever team gets him. I wonder if our Desoto guys are giving him grief...but if he's always wanted to go to TCU, that may well be where he goes no matter what...unless they pull his offer, which is not completely unlikely. TCU may be giving him an offer just to f--- with us, and if they get a shot at someone less risky to fill out their roster, they may choose to yank the offer once signing day looms closer. Then Desmon would be the one who loses the most, because by then we may have already used up all of our scholarships.