Desmon White

Keith7

Agreed just tired of SMU and TCU focusing on our commits all of the time. Desmon had no DI offers until we offered and immediately TCU jumps in. Would they have offered him had we not?

We are still looked at as the least desirable option to some recruits.

Win this year and win a bowl game, and that could start to change.

Win the West and beat ECU/Marshall in the CUSA championship game, and things may change immediately.

Just freaking win.

• Upvote 2

Saw this on the TCU board in post discussing the Desmon White commitment:

UNT is actually turning the corner with their program. They have a legit shot at an 8-win season which could put them in the Heart of Dallas Bowl against a Big 10 team. Right now I would sell SMU stock and buy UNT. Now that they're in a conference with reasonably close opponents that someone has actually heard of they have a chance to be a player in CUSA.

• Upvote 2

I'll look forward to him transferring here when he realizes playing for a higher profile school isn't always better.

Taking him back as a transfer would set a bad, bad precedent. Everybody who comes to play here needs to be doing so for the first time. None of this dangle themselves in front of us while really fishing for a flashier opportunity, then coming crawling back a year later when Patterson plays a QB who can actually stand up to Big XII competition.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Taking him back as a transfer would set a bad, bad precedent. Everybody who comes to play here needs to be doing so for the first time. None of this dangle themselves in front of us while really fishing for a flashier opportunity, then coming crawling back a year later when Patterson plays a QB who can actually stand up to Big XII competition.

My exact thoughts. Preach.

UNT has a history of getting very little out of transfers from bigger programs. There is a reason they can't play for those programs in the first place.

There are obviously exceptions (Trice comes immediately to mind), but there are exceptions to any rule.

Keep the door open to Feb. 4th (or whenever signing day is this year) and then move on.

• Upvote 1

UNT has a history of getting very little out of transfers from bigger programs. There is a reason they can't play for those programs in the first place.

There are obviously exceptions (Trice comes immediately to mind), but there are exceptions to any rule.

Keep the door open to Feb. 4th (or whenever signing day is this year) and then move on.

Yep. Could be a situation where TCU finds someone they want a little more close to the signing day deadline, and start giving Dez the cold shoulder.

I hope not for him... but I hope so for us.

I had a feeling about this when he was talking about how much he wanted a D1 offer and then jumped on ours within hours. I thought that if would flip when he got the bigger offer. Now the 2 quesitons that remain are: Will TCU actually sign him in Feb? And will be jump to a better offer from TCU if that comes?

If Baylor, OU, Texas, or A&M offered, he would flip as fast as he flipped from us to TCU.

All those in the "we should honor every offer and never pull an offer and leave a kid out in the cold" should take a lesson from this.

It's a 2 way street.

• Upvote 4

Maybe, but if they have a press conference talking about what a huge mistake they made not sticking with UNT...hehehe. I say take everyone who can and will play hard for us and give us more W's, and spin it to our benefit. It's like I said a couple of weeks ago about transfers...they can be great ambassadors for recruits when they tell them everything's not so rosy at the big programs.