2013 State of GoMeanGreen (Recap of 2012)

All About UNT

SO............ 2012 on GoMeanGreen.com was a pretty solid one. We had slight decreases in overall traffic from the previous year of 2011 however with a new coaching hire and new stadium opening in 2011 that is understandable.

2012 Stats and their Increase/Decrease % from 2011

592,191 Visits to the site (-9.6%)

106,291 Visitors to the site including tablets, desktops, laptops and phones (-9.0%)

8.23 Page Visit Average (stayed the same)

09:04 Average Time Per Visit (+.09 seconds per visit)

69,198 visits from Mobile and Tablets (+48% pretty astonishing increase)

55,158 visits from iPads

40% of you are using Internet Explorer

20% Safari

19% Firefox

17% Chrome

25k visits came from UNT computers

Visits Came From 141 Countries with the following being the top ten by search volume:

US

France

Mexico

Canada

UK

Switzerland

Ecuador

India

Honduras

Germany

Twitter brought in 26,266 visits of which 1,402 visitors were new to our site (never came to GMG on that particular device)

Facebook brought in 21,977 visits of which only 589 visitors were considered new (still good to get new traffic though)

Google Search (Organic Results) brought in 199,793 visits (84% of total visits) of which 42,790 visitors had never been to the site before

Yahoo made up 7% of the visits

Bing made up 6%

The Google stats should show you the value of choosing a descriptive title name for your new thread. Instead of "New Basketball Commit" it should instead say the players name, where they were at school last and what the news event is. These threads get us a ton of traffic and HOPEFULLY new fans of at least the site.

The key term "Arthur Casimiro" brought in an astonishing 1,200 visits from Google.... including one particular poster who is a huge fan of basketball and lives in Granbury (but will remain unnamed) racking up 282 visits on that term alone.....

Most of this stuff won't interest the majority of you.... but for those that do like these types of stats... enjoy!

"The Google stats should show you the value of choosing a descriptive title name for your new thread. Instead of "New Basketball Commit" it should instead say the players name, where they were at school last and what the news event is. These threads get us a ton of traffic and HOPEFULLY new fans of at least the site.

The key term "Arthur Casimiro" brought in an astonishing 1,200 visits from Google.... including one particular poster who is a huge fan of basketball and lives in Granbury (but will remain unnamed) racking up 282 visits on that term alone....."

So, what you're saying is we should take the names of 5-star recruits and create posts such as "5-star defensive tackle recruit can start immediately at North Texas."

Magic. Why hasn't Coach Mac sneaked a handle and done this already?

• Upvote 1

AAUNT did a very nice job on this analysis. Thank you for doing that! And he's absolutely right, the subject section of posts on GMG.com shows up very consistently on the search engines. You can help us to gain visibility by providing more specifics in these subject and also in the tag sections. When I put up high school players who we have offered or are interested in I typically will put their full name and high school in the subject line of the post. It consistently will show up very high when that player gets searched in google or other search engines.

The key term "Arthur Casimiro" brought in an astonishing 1,200 visits from Google.... including one particular poster who is a huge fan of basketball and lives in Granbury (but will remain unnamed) racking up 282 visits on that term alone.....

!

Thanks for Outting me as a Nerd.

I hate/love computers so hard.

• Upvote 2

-10% is actually pretty astonishing. I think Benford's early woes might have helped a bit, but I would've thought CUSA add would jump that up.

I don't know how we increase the UNT computer visits but for a message board we have a very old fanbase.

• Upvote 1

-10% is actually pretty astonishing. I think Benford's early woes might have helped a bit, but I would've thought CUSA add would jump that up.

I don't know how we increase the UNT computer visits but for a message board we have a very old fanbase.

It would be interesting to see if interest in the MBB program waned (in terms of page views) as the season progressed.

Edited by UNTFan23