A 6-7 Team in a Bowl Game? NO WAY!

Rudy

Well, unless you play in an AQ conference. The NCAA approved a waiver by Georgia Tech to play in a bowl game even if they lose Saturday. That means a non-AQ team with a record better than .500 would get effed in the a. I have one guess as to which conference that team would come from.

Well, unless you play in an AQ conference. The NCAA approved a waiver by Georgia Tech to play in a bowl game even if they lose Saturday. That means a non-AQ team with a record better than .500 would get effed in the a. I have one guess as to which conference that team would come from.

On a serious/almost sad side -- Listened to an interview with the Sun Bowl director where he stated that due to an agreement in their contract with the ACC they might be, as he said, “contractually obligated” to take the runner up of the ACC Conference Championship game. He was trying to give it a spin but you could tell it was not something he seemed comfortable with.

The funnier thing is the Orange Bowl has to take the winner. What if Tech upsets Florida St.? A 7-6 team in the Orange Bowl would make the BCS VERY uneasy and me very happy.

This situation also would allow a MAC team to potentially jump into a BCS game (Kent State or NIU)

Anyone recall UNT's record when they went to all their New Orleans Bowl games? Seems I recall one that had a few heads turning as well.....another time/another era..but, this sort of thing does happen...just looks odd...I know.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

5-6....

...oooh....bonus questions, and without having to look it up as it should be easy for those who were around in '01.

Who did we lose to to end the regular season at 5-6.....and how did that team beat us to win that game?

Rick

@ Troy--and they won after their last second field goal was tipped, but still managed to go thru the uprights...sigh,only at North Texas.

5-6....

...oooh....bonus questions, and without having to look it up as it should be easy for those who were around in '01.

Who did we lose to to end the regular season at 5-6.....and how did that team beat us to win that game?

Rick

Who is Troy by a field goal?

I'll take the "Pen is Mightier" for 200.

Don't get me started...

I don't even think 6-6 teams should go to bowls...

If you don't have a winning record, good luck next year...

If there are too many bowls, get rid of some of them...

I hate seeing teams end up a season 6-7 and then the following season promoted as a "bowl team"...

Sickening...

• Upvote 1

Don't get me started...

I hate seeing teams end up a season 6-7 and then the following season promoted as a "bowl team"...

Sickening...

Amen brother...unless, of course, it's the Mean Green...just sayin.....

Amen brother...unless, of course, it's the Mean Green...just sayin.....

Okay, I feel ya...

But if that is the case then we HAVE to win...

I am all for flashing that 7-6 record all over creation...

A 6-7 record is cause to put a generic bag over your head...

And also might prompt you to wear a Mickey Mouse sweathshirt so that no one will even guess your allegiance...

Don't get me started...

Sickening...

Great for the coach's resume - much the same has having four teams in high school going to the playoffs - from the same 5-team district!

In Tyler Robert E. Lee went to the high school playoffs 2 - 3 years ago as the 4th team from the district.......with a 2 - 8 record - now that is embarrassing.

5-6....

Rick

I know this info or data does not fit our narrative and won't ever be on any present UNT athletic types resumes, but during 3 of our bowl years future

SBC members Troy AND FAU beat us in each of those 3 years. So if those 2 future SBC schools had been in the SBC when they

beat us, well, uh, CHANGE THE SUBJECT NOW.......................sunshine, lollypops and ? ? ? ? ? ?

• Upvote 1

I hate the 6 win to AQ when the schedules expanded to 12 and 13 games. Go to a bowl game with a .500 record or worse? :shocking:

It doesn't help that almost 50% of the schools go to bowl games. How many are there now? 52? 55? Would upping the requirement to 7 wins create a void?

As a fan I would not be very interested in going to a bowl game with a .500 or less team.