Updated 2-deep

Harry

Not any real suprises on the first team. Byrd hangs on to starting at this point and Lincoln starting in Boutwell place.

Two walk ons at second team wrs, not very reassuring. Four first year players on second team. Dilonga the biggest surprise at back up de. Marshall ahead of Kelly and Davis as first year cbs, not expected. Glad to see walk on Buyers at backup corner, the guy can run.

Not any real suprises on the first team. Byrd hangs on to starting at this point and Lincoln starting in Boutwell place.

Two walk ons at second team wrs, not very reassuring. Four first year players on second team. Dilonga the biggest surprise at back up de. Marshall ahead of Kelly and Davis as first year cbs, not expected. Glad to see walk on Buyers at backup corner, the guy can run.

Dilonga had an offer from North Carolina. I expect big things from him down the road

I see some "good news" in that depth seems to be improving a bit for the Mean green. Not so "worried" if a starter here and there go down with a short-term injury this season as I have been in the past. Improving the 3-deep is a biggie for the Mean green. UNT has some kids coming off the bench to give the starters a breather and play in special situations that can well handle the load.

Still looks like UNT could add some depth, but it does seem to be improving...I like what Coach mac and Co. are doing here...now...go kick some "you know what" on the field guys!!!!

Holy cow this is a young team. I'm excited though because we could be pretty special in the front 7 in 2013 after these young guys get even more experience as depth players this year. The front 7 will have a plethora of experience with Sarge-Abbe-Boutwell-Bellazin/Dilonga on the line & Akunne-Orr-Wright at LB next year with multiple 3 year starters. I sincerely hope that a couple of these young corners will be able to establish themselves this year in spot time. The defense is going to need a big year from Laramie Lee and the corners we really need one of these guys to pull a Freddie Warner and come on strong after a couple games adjusting to the speed.

Gotcha.

Obviously Ryan will jump back in when healthy, but was what you & Ryan were expecting? Or did you see someone else in there? Haven't heard much about Lincoln...

Linc was his back up last year. I didn't see that changing.

No D.Q. or Devante Davis . . . I thought both were locks for the 2-deep.

Is this a negative or a positive? I'd like to think that if two guys who we thought were "locks" for playing time aren't getting it then we must have some guys who really stepped up and some quality right behind them. Given the fears we all had in the secondary this is what I'm gonna cling to. :thumbsu:

• Upvote 1

Love the DEs size. The smallest is 244lbs. As recently as 2 years ago, I believe we were starting guys in the 220s at that posiyion.

Disapponting not to see Chaz Sampson make the 2 deep. All the physical tools one would want in a receiver. Let's hope he puts it together as the year goes forward (only a redshirt FR, after all).

A special shout out to Jub Jr., who takes over for one of the best deep snappers in UNT history (Mr. Kokjohn: never heard of him? Proves my point).

Love the linebacking corps. Hopefully, in a year or 2, every position will have this type of depth.

Interesting that Osbourne and McNaulty are listed as co-second teamers. Let the conspiracy theories commence. (Please, DT, stay upright all year!!)

I was hoping Sir Calvin could make an early impact, but that is a lot to ask of a true freshman DT.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1

Dang this is a young team... I hope this Lsu game doesn't turn into Oklahoma 2007

Nah. Todd Dodge isn't on our sideline anymore. I'll never forget us putting a 5'6" dude with long hair in single coverage against a 1st team All-American. After he took a bubble screen about 75 yards Dodge sure learned his lesson...the next possession we lined up in the same coverage. Luckily we made zero adjustments at half-time.

Edited by emmitt01
  • Upvote 1

Nah. Todd Dodge isn't on our sideline anymore. I'll never forget us putting a 5'6" dude with long hair in single coverage against a 1st team All-American. After he took a bubble screen about 75 yards Dodge sure learned his lesson...the next possession we lined up in the same coverage. Luckily we made zero adjustments at half-time.

They coulda scored 120 that game. Most disappointing game ever as a UNT fan.

• Upvote 1

Oh Jesus... That was the worst feeling watching Bradford playing pitch and catch that whole game... Everyone in my group couldn't believe how they never changed the D