Something New For Tailgating

KingDL1

gallery_442_95_51695.jpg

Go Mean Green!

Is there a link to the site where these were purchased. My first thoughts, other than the weather related ones, are that the grey contrast color is fine....the blue no. And that would be too bad for me, because I would prefer my boots to say "North Texas".

To me, something like this with the NT-star embroidered on it would be much more practical for tailgating.

http://www.eastbay.com/product/model:22920/sku:0130119/converse-all-star-ox-mens/classic-green/&SID=5506&inceptor=1&cm_mmc=SEM-_-Engine-_-Google-_-Plusbox&siorigin=pla

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Upvote 1

Is there a link to the site where these were purchased. My first thoughts, other than the weather related ones, are that the grey contrast color is fine....the blue no. And that would be too bad for me, because I would prefer my boots to say "North Texas".

To me, something like this with the NT-star embroidered on it would be much more practical for tailgating.

http://www.eastbay.c...ox&siorigin=pla

The color is off a bit, just a photo with my iPhone both are gray the pair on the left much lighter than the pair on the right. No Blue

For the longest time I was mad because I would see kiosks in malls with stuff from other schools. I would ask “Do you have any North Texas stuff” and the reply was always “No…it is because of licensing.” The owner could sell a polished turd with UT Longhorns on it and idiots would buy it up. Some stuff was ok but most of it was crap.

I’m sorry. Those boots fall under the crap category. Not so bad as to fall in the polished turd category…but crap.

I just can’t do boots of any kind.

Don’t get me wrong. I love seeing UNT licensed stuff out there. Several years ago there was a guy selling these wooden footballs with college logos on them. Looked real nice – varnished stand and ball. At the time he did not have the license to have North Texas. I would have bought one of those.

• Downvote 3

For the longest time I was mad because I would see kiosks in malls with stuff from other schools. I would ask “Do you have any North Texas stuff” and the reply was always “No…it is because of licensing.” The owner could sell a polished turd with UT Longhorns on it and idiots would buy it up. Some stuff was ok but most of it was crap.

I’m sorry. Those boots fall under the crap category. Not so bad as to fall in the polished turd category…but crap.

I just can’t do boots of any kind.

Don’t get me wrong. I love seeing UNT licensed stuff out there. Several years ago there was a guy selling these wooden footballs with college logos on them. Looked real nice – varnished stand and ball. At the time he did not have the license to have North Texas. I would have bought one of those.

Not sure what you are telling me but those are custom handmade boots, special ordered by me. One is shark and one is bull hide, I have the boot smith blacking out the white thread on the soles and replaceing the white tubing on the sides with matching grays. The "Mean Green "and "North Texas" I had him add after I decided on green uppers. This guy has made 4 pair of boots for me in the past and does an excellent job, not expensive and is done usually in 4 weeks. I was not promoting a production product or otherwise.

Edited by KingDL1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Brings back memories of a thread about all the coeds and their boots and stinky feet.

When I see co-eds in short shorts, white shirts and cowboy boots at UNT games, my thoughts NEVER, and I mean NEVER, turn to stinky feet! I do wonder about you! :thumbsu:

• Upvote 2

KingDL1 - I thought those were off the rack. Congrats if they are custom. Make them any way you want.

But like I said...for the longest time I could never find NT stuff because of licensing. North Texas changed the way they license stuff and that allows sellers to sell NT stuff that you would not see 5 years ago.

Not that I want someone to polish a turd and put an NT logo on it. Reserve that for UT and OU.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

KingDL1 - I thought those were off the rack. Congrats if they are custom. Make them any way you want.

But like I said...for the longest time I could never find NT stuff because of licensing. North Texas changed the way they license stuff and that allows sellers to sell NT stuff that you would not see 5 years ago.

Not that I want someone to polish a turd and put an NT logo on it. Reserve that for UT and OU.

No problem, I figured as much. As for the polished turds I will be safe with my boots on.

• Upvote 2