Open Letter to RV

Hi Rick,

This is Grant Gilbert. I just want to say thank you.

I didn’t go to a small school, a cheap school, or a convenient school. I went to the school of my choice! I made a conscious decision to go to a school that wasn’t a subsidiary of another school, had sports programs to enjoy, had a tradition, and was located where I could be an extremely active member of the alumni association. Those are some reasons why I chose North Texas! I’m proud to be a UNT alum. There is no better time to be a part of the mean green nation than now.

Thank you for giving us an awesome stadium, good athletics programs, and now a real chance to get competitive with CUSA.

Congrats to Johnny Jones and Karen Aston, but you better stay put, Sir.

Thank you

As the Reverend said - "Can I hear an Amen?"

• Upvote 1

Hi Rick,

This is Grant Gilbert. I just want to say thank you.

I didn’t go to a small school, a cheap school, or a convenient school. I went to the school of my choice! I made a conscious decision to go to a school that wasn’t a subsidiary of another school, had sports programs to enjoy, had a tradition, and was located where I could be an extremely active member of the alumni association. Those are some reasons why I chose North Texas! I’m proud to be a UNT alum. There is no better time to be a part of the mean green nation than now.

Thank you for giving us an awesome stadium, good athletics programs, and now a real chance to get competitive with CUSA.

Congrats to Johnny Jones and Karen Aston, but you better stay put, Sir.

Thank you

He actually replied personally as he always does, and signed his email with

"Go Nean Green"

do you see what I see. lol! So, he has fat thumbs. hahahaha Great guy.

• Upvote 1

Thank you for getting us out of the Sun Belt.

Not just out of the SBC, but into something better. RV had the discipline and vision to push the atheletic village, new stadium, and keep us out of the WAC.

Now we get something we've never had, regional rivals.

• Upvote 1

Who was it that said they put money that RV cries in the first 5 minutes? Welp....you win.

He got choked up when he mentioned the BOR.

:thumbsu:

That would be me.

Kinda shocked he made it that long. I didn't, and I had to watch a replay (work issues).