We are five games in

greenminer

Jordan Williams is shooting better.

Roger Franklin is a good defender and probably our best rebounder. For some reason though, he insists on taking a dribble before every shot he takes.

Chris Jones was pretty quiet tonight, but the were doubling him off screens.

Good news is the schedule gets A LOT easier from here on out. And we only have 4 more games without Tony. Things are finally looking up. We do need to take care of the basketball and make our layups though. Those 2 things cost us a chance to win this game. But, it will only get better.

Go Mean Green!

• Upvote 1

We're still not really playing as a cohesive D1 unit, but the talent is certainly there. Nice improvement tonight, and I hope that everyone's role is starting to get a little more established now. I hate to say that C. Jones is not the point guard of our future, but for now I like Alzee at the 1 and Jones at the 2. Hope they both get 30 minutes at the tourney to see what they can do.

• Upvote 1

I've only seen one (UTA). I was hoping for some discussion on progress: are we making any?

Jordan Williams sounds like he is growing into his role.

Franklin had a double double, right?

How did CJ do tonight?

WIll Plumm swear again? I can't believe what I read in that thread.

Well let’s break it down – this is the 8th straight loss to Texas – they are just very talented at every position.

Before the game announcers indicated that the top 8 NT players had 3 assists and that UT’s freshman guard Kamonga through first 4 games has 32 assists

– which indicates that all our shots are coming off of on ball screens – players still tend to stand around on offense.

19 turnovers – I think that is about our average so far this season.

We did look better because UT did not full court press.

We still have a ways to go but this looked like an improvement overall in effort and rebounding.

Can’t believe Plum did that – so unlike him.

• Upvote 1

Record wise the team is exactly were I projected, although I never dreamed of the UTA slaughter. I think the team is finally coming together, they were concentrating on Jones in this game and he had an off night. As an aside he was playing against the 11 rated freshman player in the nation. Roger Franklin, I have misjudged you, you can be a lot more than a role player for this team. Alzee just held UT best scorer to 6 and had his all time point best.

Based on the first four games, I thought the freshmen were going to be very good, but was disappointed in the rest of the team Good play by Franklin, A. Williams and Hogans tonight renewed my confidence in this season. Anyone else catch JJ interview were he mentioned he expects to get help from new players (plural) in the second semester. If NT gets both Mitchell and Patton on board, this team is going to have the potential to have a Belt dominating frontcourt.

Record wise the team is exactly were I projected, although I never dreamed of the UTA slaughter. I think the team is finally coming together, they were concentrating on Jones in this game and he had an off night. As an aside he was playing against the 11 rated freshman player in the nation. Roger Franklin, I have misjudged you, you can be a lot more than a role player for this team. Alzee just held UT best scorer to 6 and had his all time point best.

Based on the first four games, I thought the freshmen were going to be very good, but was disappointed in the rest of the team Good play by Franklin, A. Williams and Hogans tonight renewed my confidence in this season. Anyone else catch JJ interview were he mentioned he expects to get help from new players (plural) in the second semester. If NT gets both Mitchell and Patton on board, this team is going to have the potential to have a Belt dominating frontcourt.

Is there a chance of Patton joining the team?

Well let’s break it down – this is the 8th straight loss to Texas – they are just very talented at every position.

Before the game announcers indicated that the top 8 NT players had 3 assists and that UT’s freshman guard Kamonga through first 4 games has 32 assists

– which indicates that all our shots are coming off of on ball screens – players still tend to stand around on offense.

19 turnovers – I think that is about our average so far this season.

We did look better because UT did not full court press.

We still have a ways to go but this looked like an improvement overall in effort and rebounding.

He said we had 22 assists, but your point is still valid.

J-will had as good of game as I've seen from him this year. Franklin had another very solid game and Alzee played well. Everyone else seemed to struggle a bit. I've said this a couple of times this year and it's stating the obvious, but once Mitchell gets cleared we will be a much better team. Our percentage of putbacks from all these offensive rebounds will go way up, he'll be able to create his own shot, which will lead to more space for some of these forced shots. Also, he'll help out on the defensive side.

This game wasn't played that well, but was a definite step in the right direction.

Looking at the date you joined the board... You weren't around back when he threatened to sue me.

Also- When this team finally clicks, it's going to be a beautiful, beautiful thing. Haters get your hatin' out quickly.

So when exactly will JJ have this team clicking? Did he not have them clicking during pre-season? Excuses and waiting game are getting very lame. It was JJ choices that have led to such a young team

Yep. He chose to have a young, talented squad that can grow together rather than maybe some lesser JUCO guys that are just trying to find a place to play for a year or two. Shameful. Where's my torch?

• Upvote 5