Bama-LSU

cl_1_2008

You can pick this game apart as much as you want, but not only are these the best 2 teams this year by far, they may be the best 2 teams in the past 5 years. I am now rooting against Boise and Stanford. I want a rematch. These 2 teams are absolutely unbelievable. Ok. State and Stanford can't touch these guys. If you combine these 2 teams, they would dismantle college football. #SEC

• Downvote 4

You can pick this game apart as much as you want, but not only are these the best 2 teams this year by far, they may be the best 2 teams in the past 5 years. I am now rooting against Boise and Stanford. I want a rematch. These 2 teams are absolutely unbelievable. Ok. State and Stanford can't touch these guys. If you combine these 2 teams, they would dismantle college football. #SEC

I saw people say this after the Ohio State/Michigan game like five years ago.

No to a rematch.

I'm usually one who pulls hard for the "little guy" to get a shot at the title. It's because usually I think the "big boys" are over-inflated by beating up a line of teams with AQ patches on their chest and nothing else. This year, though, these two SEC teams are in a different league...literally and figuratively. Either of them will dismantle OkIe Lite, Stanford or Boise (or anyone else). The Pac12 and Bevo10 don't play near the caliber of football that these guys do.

They may be great teams, but 9-6 games are rather boring. No rematch please. At least OSU or Stanford could score some touchdowns

And herein lies the problem with virtually all modern sports. The fans demand a touchdown on every pass, a home run on every at bat, a slam dunk on every possession. So much so that each of these loses excitement from such ubiquity.

Last night's game was a war. A war that lasted more than sixty minutes and demanded an attention span longer than the wait in the beer line. With the exception of Alabama's UNT-like kicking game, neither team blinked. That 9-6 game was more exciting to me than any spread offense 125-95 shootout. The latter looks like a bunch of schoolyard kids yelling "Go Long!" for the entire night.

• Upvote 2

Last night's game was a war. A war that lasted more than sixty minutes and demanded an attention span longer than the wait in the beer line. With the exception of Alabama's UNT-like kicking game, neither team blinked. That 9-6 game was more exciting to me than any spread offense 125-95 shootout. The latter looks like a bunch of schoolyard kids yelling "Go Long!" for the entire night.

I get what you're saying but you've got to admit that it was also an ugly game. There was absolutely no offenseive execution.

Not against these two defenses. Both are products of the weaker leagues they play in. Mark my words, SEC rolls to yet another title and it won't be close.

Probably right, but the average fan doesn't want to watch a game with no offensive production. Maybe if LSU or Alabama had a good QB it would be different.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

They may be great teams, but 9-6 games are rather boring. Norematch please. At least OSU or Stanford could score some touchdowns

Probably right, but the average fan doesn't want to watch a gamewith no offensive production. Maybe if LSU or Alabama had a good QB it would bedifferent.

We're talking about pairing up the two best teams in the land for a national title. If you want a discussion about offensive fireworks and appealing to casual football fans, I'm sure there is a thread over on the Big XII and Pac 10 boards that you can contribute to.

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

We're talking about pairing up the two best teams in the land for a national title. If you want a discussion about offensive fireworks and appealing to casual football fans, I'm sure there is a thread over on the Big XII and Pac 10 boards that you can contribute to.

The topic was do we want a rematch? I say no because that was an ugly game that was dominated by one side of the ball. By the end of the game both teams were playing not to lose and just waiting for the other to make a mistake.

They'll probably face each other in the SEC championship game. There will be your rematch if you love it so much.

EDIT: I guess I didn't realize they were both in the West. I could have sworn the reporter last night that interviewed Les Miles after the game asked him they could face each other in the conference championship game and Miles didn't say anything. I must have misheard.

Edited by Green Mean