Once Again The Loyal Customers Take it Up The Rear

FirefightnRick

I think the 5K is just an arbitrary figure tossed out there to simplify the argument. There's really no way of knowing if the move works though...unless we create an alternate universe where the game is played at 6, as well as the 4pm it will be in our present universe, however if we're going to that sort of meta-physical effort I'd rather just have UNT be good enough to not be affected by the Ranger game to begin with.

I think your lack of willingness to at least explore the creation of a parallel universe says a lot about the state of this program.

• Upvote 3

I think your lack of willingness to at least explore the creation of a parallel universe says a lot about the state of this program.

Last week, Community explored 7 different timelines.

Joel McHale played tight end at Washington.

Washington is in the PAC-10.

NOT A COINCIDENCE.

God forbid we ever become a respectable football program. What about the alums at the big schools that pay way more than MG season ticket holders do and the game time gets changed? The uproar over two hours is crazy. What sucks for RV is that when 15k show up, people on here will say there would have been 20k without the time change. I support his decision and have to think that he is much more well versed on the subject and knowledge that went into the decision than any of you. Thanks for your effort, RV.....I mean that.

If we were big time respectable football program we would not have to worry about attendance and we would get the extra revenue of changing the game time. But our story today is different.

• Upvote 1

Weren't there people on this board just a couple of days ago pleading for RV to move up gametime?

RV obviously had no way to win this one. Leave him alone.

The only fair way for RV to make truly make an informed decision would have been to post a poll to the board and clearly state all the options, then let us have a measured, open debate (as we usually do) and then submitting the results to the University admin for their approval.

I think Rick's lack of willingness to poll the message board really says a lot about the state of this program.

• Upvote 3

Best Lovitz was in "Happiness".

Fact.

Good Grief. Way to bring the party down.... just the mention of that movie... whew... most awkward thing ever?

On further review, maybe "I'm champagne and you're s***" should be Glad to be Green's guns-blazing response to this thread?

But, master-thespian-jon-lovitz.jpg

Edited by CaribbeanGreen

I toyed with the numbers and McNulty ends up as our starting QB. I'm not putting in the effort of universe creation to still have to deal with tired-head conspiracy theories.

Good Grief. Way to bring the party down.... just the mention of that movie... whew... most awkward thing ever?

Wanna come over and help me hang some pictures?

Best Lovitz was in "Happiness".

Fact.

I was going to lament my inability to give you a +1 for the geographic rivalry remark, but now feel it would be canceled out by the -1 I would give you for clearly missing out on the Best Lovitz being "The Critic."

Anyhoo, I can't believe I wasted my evening going to class when I could have seen yet another episode of the never satisfied world of Mean Green fandom. I'm pretty sure that last week we were complaining that the game was up against the world series and clamoring for a time change. Now there's a time change, and we're posteriorally injured.

I gotta tell ya' ("ya'" being the general, royal you, directed at the entirety of humanity), when I first came out to see college football in all its glorious splendor in Denton three years ago, I did it because I thought it would be a fun experience, not one that would increase my stress levels or turn every other weekend in the fall into a miserable self loathing fest of infighting, second guessing, and Sunday morning gnashing of teeth.

I've been working really hard this season on learning to enjoy the game day experience independent of the wrinkled hundred dollar bill mentality. I'm almost there. Good lord, it's a game, on Saturday, with beer and BBQ among friends! Most people would see that as something to look forward to. We should not aspire to make it worse than getting a root canal in a third world country without anesthetic or electricity.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

We should not aspire to make it worse than getting a root canal in a third world country without anesthetic or electricity.

Seems like a weird time to take a shot at 97and03.

• Upvote 2

Translation:

"As this program takes steps toward being more respectable, the athletic department no longer treats me as though I am some kind of big deal because I wear a special fire helmet to the games. I am very upset at the fact that I am no longer the center of the North Texas football universe and that I was not consulted before the change in kickoff time was made. Also, if anyone calls me out on my seemingly perpetual complaining of late, I will point out that they do not donate as much time and money as I do and, therefore, their opinion does not matter.

In Jesus' and Rick Perry's Name,

Rick"

Well, that's about as scorched earth as it gets. Have fun kids!

HAHA you sir have just made my night

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Are you drunk right now? I'll go ahead and ignore the ridiculousness of this post and give reason one last shot. After that its full on smart ass.

Look Rick...I said I'm sorry that you're inconvenienced and will miss a part of the game. I truly am. But the stance you're taking is essentially that you're upset that Rick Villareal didn't call you to see how this move affects you and your family's schedule personally..."hey Rick, it's Rick...so I'm thinking of bumping up the game time to 4PM...does that still gel with your plans? If not, we can just keep it at 6...whatever is best for you, buddy."

The move is bigger than YOU...and it's bigger than any of the handful of fans on here who this inconveniences. The AD made what it felt was a pragmatic decision to maximizes attendance...and it did so knowing full well that it will negatively affect SOME plans, but is gambling on it positively affecting MORE plans.

I doubt the move would've been made had the FAU game not also been up against a Ranger game and had such a poor showing. But there is now an established precedent for what attendance looks like in competition with a Rangers' playoff game. 13K for Homecoming in the 4th game of a new stadium would be highly embarrassing.

All of this and still, it won't affect you ONE BIT, because you probably were not going to be there in the first place, dont have season tickets or even donate to the program? It doesn't affect you.

And by the way, this unprofessional move does nothing to help alumni attend the NT game AND see the Rangers play. Our games last damn near 4 hours long. Even if I could go our game wouldn't be over till 7:30 at best. So by the time I drive home I've missed nearly half the Ranger game if not more, and neither will others who drive from Dallas and further. So this accomplishes nothing.

And people need to stop comparing this move to those programs who do it for TV? It's not for TV, it's for a guesstimate, and a bad one at that. We are 2-5. The only people who were coming to our game are those who are our most loyal customers and many of those travel to get there. I'd still be pissed if I could be there because unlike a few here on this board I care about someone else other than myself.

Rick

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 6

I'd still be pissed if I could be there because unlike a few here on this board I care about someone else other than myself.

Whoa. Tap the brakes. Right now I donate and have added enough people to our group this afternoon to cover everyone who complained. Don't worry guys, I got this.

As I learned when I got married, big deal to me usually equals a fairly unimportant deal to everyone else. It sucks your day got screwed up, but adding some sense of underlying morality to the great Rangers/NT debate of aught 11 seems unnecessary.

• Upvote 6

tumblr_li5uszybM11qe0eclo1_r3_500.gif

Holy Funk.

You know, if you guys stepped away from the board, and then came back to it after returning to normal, the insanity of eating your own kind would become clear.

Or, you could just keep everything status quo. Like Maynard said "It's no fun 'til someone dies"

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1