SMU TALK?

dodgefan

As much as most of you guys love to talk about SMU, I'm shocked there's not any talk of this game? Big rivalry game, with #20 TCU in a sold out stadium. I went to the game with a couple of TCU friends, very, very exciting game. To the dismay of the SMU haters, looks like June Jones is doing it yet again, so you will just have to face reality. Denton is closer to Ft Worth, so the worry warts over here, should try and schedule the Frogs. SMU beats TCU in overtime.

• Downvote 22

As much as most of you guys love to talk about SMU, I'm shocked there's not any talk of this game? Big rivalry game, with #20 TCU in a sold out stadium. I went to the game with a couple of TCU friends, very, very exciting game. To the dismay of the SMU haters, looks like June Jones is doing it yet again, so you will just have to face reality. Denton is closer to Ft Worth, so the worry warts over here, should try and schedule the Frogs. SMU beats TCU in overtime.

You handle alone tells you why nobody should respond to this.

Ha, the SMU hate is worse than I thought. A lot of its understandable but give them some credit. They are doing a decent job of turning around their program. TCU is definitely not the most overrated teams this year....that title goes to Notre Dame.....every year. Maybe Oregon state could be in that discussion as well. Guess I just don't understand why so much effort is put into the hate for ponys.

Definitely a great win for SMU. No doubt TCU isn't the same team they have been for a few years but nonetheless they still beat one of the darlings of CFB the last few years and a #20 ranked team in the nation in their own turn. We just need to worry our team because we need to start winning in the belt.

Hat's off to SMU. Good win. TCU and Baylor both took it on the chin, as did UNT. It has to be really hard to be an Aggie fan now. Aggie's blow up SMU and then lay big eggs after that game. If the Aggie's think competing in the Big XII was hard just wait until they walk into the nightmare that is the SEC!!!!

Hat's off to SMU. Good win. TCU and Baylor both took it on the chin, as did UNT. It has to be really hard to be an Aggie fan now. Aggie's blow up SMU and then lay big eggs after that game. If the Aggie's think competing in the Big XII was hard just wait until they walk into the nightmare that is the SEC!!!!

Oh, I'm sure the LSU fans will be quite nice and understanding to all aggie$ when they play in Baton Rouge.

Ha, the SMU hate is worse than I thought. A lot of its understandable but give them some credit. They are doing a decent job of turning around their program. TCU is definitely not the most overrated teams this year....that title goes to Notre Dame.....every year. Maybe Oregon state could be in that discussion as well. Guess I just don't understand why so much effort is put into the hate for ponys.

No, Just hate for this Dodgefan guy. Check his posts, every one of them is about SMU. He's fishing for compliments. Congratulate him and then tell him to go away. No one cares. The game wasn't as "big" as he thinks it is.

Anything can happen when those 2 teams get together, so it's not surprising at all that the only person who cares enough to start a thread on this board about a game that has nearly nothing to do with UNT at this point is a pony fan.

Speaking of paying players I was listening to that game on the radio while driving yesterday and heard the announcers talking about a player on Smu (can't remember a name) but that he had tried to go play ball at tex but couldn't get in for academic reasons. Seems weird he then went to Smu

Edited by EdwardRRooney

Definitely a great win for SMU. No doubt TCU isn't the same team they have been for a few years but nonetheless they still beat one of the darlings of CFB the last few years and a #20 ranked team in the nation in their own turn. We just need to worry our team because we need to start winning in the belt.

Agreed. TCU is pretty awful on pass defense this year.

On a note about the Mean Green though, I was impressed with the play in the fourth quarter. I think if the Mean Green can play like that last quarter more often, it should start to turn around this year. We had a great comeback late last night, but we need to play with that intensity for four quarters against FAU.

On a note about the Mean Green though, I was impressed with the play in the fourth quarter. I think if the Mean Green can play like that last quarter more often, it should start to turn around this year. We had a great comeback late last night, but we need to play with that intensity for four quarters against FAU.

To be fair, Tulsa put in the women's volleyball team to give their secondary a rest.