ACC Accepts Pitt and Syracue

Side Show Joe

ESPN reports the ACC has voted to accept both. What's next and how, or when will this effect North Texas?

The Big East will have to look for some CUSA teams on the East to fill the losses. TCU is probably freaking out right now. CUSA is freaking out as well.

The Big East will have to look for some CUSA teams on the East to fill the losses. TCU is probably freaking out right now. CUSA is freaking out as well.

Houston has to be happy. They will probably get their invite to the Big East now. It might help ease TCU's fears too. Will the Big East be able to retain their BCS status? If not, will TCU still want to join?

Will the big east accept baylor and Iowa st? If so and Houston goes....the big 12 is officially dead. (it's foregone anyway). OU, Ok St will go west. Who knows about Texas. PAC 16 or Indy for them. I'm still not convinced PAC 16 accepts TTech.

It seems that everyone's desperate to grab a chair. Are some being knee jerk? Could someone with big $$ come in and form a new conference?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Houston has to be happy. They will probably get their invite to the Big East now. It might help ease TCU's fears too. Will the Big East be able to retain their BCS status? If not, will TCU still want to join?

Where else do they have to go?? The Big 12 is rapidly evaporating and Boise will clean TCU's clock later this year. ULM gave TCU all it wanted for a half. ACC/ Big East merger is coming and TCU must make the cut if it's to get it's coveted AQ status. SMU is in same boat as UNT and will not get an AQ conference, Sadly neither will Boise only because of no tv market.

Where else do they have to go?? The Big 12 is rapidly evaporating and Boise will clean TCU's clock later this year. ULM gave TCU all it wanted for a half. ACC/ Big East merger is coming and TCU must make the cut if it's to get it's coveted AQ status. SMU is in same boat as UNT and will not get an AQ conference, Sadly neither will Boise only because of no tv market.

If the Big East loses their AQ status, TCU could just stay in the MWC. More teams could leave the Big East. West Virginia is looking at the SEC right now.If given the choice, I think TCU would partner with the remaining Big 12 teams like Baylor, Iowa State, Kansas State, and maybe Texas Tech. I don't think Tech gets an invite to an AQ conference. These teams would lure the quality teams from the C-USA West, and some from the MWC. Without AQ status, the Big East will not have the draw to bring in the remaining Big 12 schools.

Edited by Side Show Joe

I think Big East has their eyes on Temple, ECU, UCF and Houston - one of them will be left out. CUSA should try to snatch Temple before Big East does since CUSA east will definitely lose at least one team.

I think the Big East will have a hard time adding teams until bigger conferences are finished raiding them. Programs will not be in a hurry to join a conference, that could have a very different line-up, and not have AQ status. I'll be interested to hear what TCU thinks about these teams leaving the Big East.

It's about money, not geography. This won't happen.

This conference would fail. It is only about money and outreach and having a bunch of SWC and B12 spare rejects is not a good conference and wouldn't generate any money.

Exactly, it's about money. The superconferences are going to get a shitload of it. The rest of us have to form conferences that are close enough to generate interest with opposing teams and whose fans can travel. And those SWC and Big 12 "rejects" are all actually decent teams.

• Upvote 2

If I were TCU, I'd backtrack to the Mountain West. The Frogs and Boise State in the MWC makes a strong argument for making that an AQ conference.

Then again, if the goal is to have four, 16 team super conferences, then nothing will work for TCU. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Super Four break off from the NCAA and become funded and run by the networks and the NFL. The Semi-Pro Super Four. Either way, college football as we once new it is gone forever.

This isn't about maintaining AQ status! With 4 super conferences and maybe 6 regional conf. the future is football playoffs! This is where ESPN wants to go and over time u r talking billions.This will also help satisfy the teams that r not n the $uper conf because they would also get a shot at the big game. NCAA eg.

• Downvote 1

assume okla,okla st.,tt,and ut go to pac 12.also assume u.con and w.virginia go to acc. [acc wants strong basketball programs.] that would leave tcu,s.florida,cincy,louisville,and rutgers from big east. through in mizoo,baylor,k.state,kansas, and iowa st from big 12.do you have a bcs conference? [disclaimer: i don't know what sec is going to do, take either mizoo or w.virginia.] you could fill in with ucf,ecu, or houston.i still don't know if this group of "left behinds" would be considered bcs, but would be better than cusa and mt. west. just food for thought.

My domino theory.

The ACC is adding Pitt & Syracuse, and might grab Rutgers & UConn.

The SEC can take WVA to get to 14.

The Big 12 takes Louisville & Cincy in the North, and TCU in the South to get back to 12.

That leaves USF out in the cold.

USF then becomes the filler if the SEC goes after another ACC team.

My domino theory.

The ACC is adding Pitt & Syracuse, and might grab Rutgers & UConn.

The SEC can take WVA to get to 14.

The Big 12 takes Louisville & Cincy in the North, and TCU in the South to get back to 12.

That leaves USF out in the cold.

USF then becomes the filler if the SEC goes after another ACC team.

I think the SEC would consider going after Mizzou, Florida State, and Clemson.

But all of this is so up in the air that there is no telling what is going to happen. I think the Big 12 will collapse because the new would be Pac 16 is very very salty.

First off, everyone assumes that OU, Okie State, UT and Tech are bound for the Pac-16. I'm not so sure. They (Pac-12) have already said that there will be no individual networks within the conference. Ditto for the Big Ten and the SEC. That should mean that Texas would lose the Longhorn Network unless they can hold the Big XII together. There could be a compromise with Oklahoma (who also wants to form their own network) and the conference could hold fast at nine teams. It's even possible that if that happens they could expand to 16 teams also becoming another superconference.

We know that the ACC has announced intentions of becoming a 16-team conference but we're not sure of the other two that they take. Barring a move by the SEC I believe that they will take West Virginia and Rutgers. That would effectively kill the Big East. It would also release TCU from their obligation and allow them to 1) return to the MWC, 2) return to Conference USA or 3) be a part of the seven team expansion of the Big XII.

If CUSA took four of the five remaining Big East teams they would become another 16-team conference with no vacancies. Only UConn of the five remaining is not a former CUSA member.

I don't see any conferences with less than twelve members in the FBS. I think that there will be some 16-team conferences. At least a couple of conferences will go away from the highest rating. Some of the teams may fall to the FCS (as should have already happened). The season is almost becoming secondary, at least for the moment.

I think the SEC would consider going after Mizzou, Florida State, and Clemson.

But all of this is so up in the air that there is no telling what is going to happen. I think the Big 12 will collapse because the new would be Pac 16 is very very salty.

I don't see any ACC teams jumping at this point. The increased fee to leave as well as being the first to 14 makes the conference tougher to leave. Smart move by the ACC here.

The Big East is dead. If the SEC comes to raid Clemson, Fla. St., etc., the ACC will look to fill those spots and most likely swallow the remaining football members from the BE.

I really thought that the Big 10 would have gone after Pitt. Instead, I see the Big 10 adding Notre Dame, Kansas, Kansas St. and Missouri.

With the death of the Big 12 & Big East, the MWC & CUSA will race to get to 16. CUSA will probably add Baylor, Iowa St, and who knows. FIU? Troy?

The MWC will try like hell to get TCU and BYU back and maybe try to raid CUSA?

What a mess.

So where does this leave the Sun Belt ant NT?

We wait to see what happens and hope that it benefits us. Need some lady luck for sure but we are in a good location and have recently made major improvements to our facilities and coaching. We should put up a decent attendance number this year. Our basketball team is a plus. There will be some teams that come out ok and others like Baylor who will lose their seat at the big money table. In the end, even the non-BCS teams will have their day in the sun because the NCAA will have to allow the have nots a place at the BCS. There will just be more teams fighting for those spots.

The Sun Belt and WAC just have to wait and see how the other chips fall before they can really do anything. If the Big East goes after CUSA teams to replenish their losses, you would have to think that CUSA will look at replacements from the Sun Belt and WAC (La. Tech). What if the Big East takes Houston and/or SMU? I think that what happens to us depends on how the Big East responds. If they take schools from CUSA, WATCH OUT it will get very interesting up in here!

--What happens to Big XII is everything to UNT.... if TTU, UT, OU and OSU go somewhere.... that leaves KU, KSU, Mo., Iowa St. and Baylor with a big problem. What is left would have to find teams to partner up with.... maybe from SMU, UNT, UTEP, Rice, Memphis, Tulsa and Houston..... if those aren't moving somewhere... Then there is TCU who may now not want to go to the Big East and could stay in MWC or join the "Baylor" group.

---Stay tuned... I expected the Big East to the the big trigger in all of this but looks as if A&M got it all started. Just remember Football isn't the only considerations... but it is where the most money is. Good or not we are in a huge market. TCU is rather small and will draw crowds only when it does well (as it has lately) and SMU is larger than TCU but not very well liked in the area and has both a good and very bad history..

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66