Boone Feldt Commits to UNT

Great news! Watched Boone at Pilot Point, and at FNL on Friday, he's a great looking prospect. His feet are incredible, and he's relentless. Love getting the two Feldt boys on board as they are top tier lineman. I believe Cam was the 8th best Tackle coming out, and now Boone the 11th best Center ( and dad was an undersized workhorse lineman for Tech back in the day). These are an entirely different echelon of player than we have been able to get.

The first time I got to sit down with McCarney before he was introduced at the press conference he made no bones about it that there were a lot of things to fix, but that the offensive and defensive lines and fixing the defense all together would be top priorities.

Nothing makes me happier then seeing us pick up quality linemen. Games are won in the trenches. Skill players a flashy, but if this program is going to turn the corner and compete at a higher level, it must continue to draw players equal to the Feldt brothers on the offensive and defensive lines.

Great job. So far, this is turning into a great recruiting season.

Welcome Boone.

Edited by Side Show Joe

Well many believe and I include myself in this camp that center Andy Brewster was the glue that led to 4 consecutive SBC Championships. JJ Johnson has been a good one as well. You build good programs on the lines and I am thrilled to know we will have 3-4 years with the Feldt brothers.

Vito....Not to be pedantic, but as someone who lives in Kyle, I can assure you there is no such High School as "Buda Hays".

That's just what they call it so people have a better grasp of where it is located. Yes it is called Jack C. Hays High School but Rosenberg Terry is actually called B.F. Terry High School. They probably refer to Lehman with a reference to Kyle too.

BTW, I'm a resident of B-YOO-DAH. I'm going to convince myself that my wearing UNT gear around Buda was the reason that the Feldt brothers came to UNT. You don't see any SMU or Cougar gear around so I guess I'm the only one who wears anything that isn't UT down here.

Great pickup. JJ is by far the most knowledgeable and leader of our current O-line. Great to see we got a competent center to fill in the spot after JJ is done. Dmac is absolutely rolling in recruiting right now. I'm already excited about this year. Now I'm getting excited about next. When does football start!?

That's just what they call it so people have a better grasp of where it is located. Yes it is called Jack C. Hays High School but Rosenberg Terry is actually called B.F. Terry High School. They probably refer to Lehman with a reference to Kyle too.

BTW, I'm a resident of B-YOO-DAH. I'm going to convince myself that my wearing UNT gear around Buda was the reason that the Feldt brothers came to UNT. You don't see any SMU or Cougar gear around so I guess I'm the only one who wears anything that isn't UT down here.

Yeah, I get it. It's just I don't recall ever hearing Buda Hays before like I have with say Austin Bowie or Killeen Ellison. It just sounds weird to my ears (as does Kyle Lehman). Anyway, great to get a kid like this.