Alumni Pavilion

GrayEagle

Menu?? What do you think this is, a French restaurant??

Serioualy, I think we will be inviting a different caterer for each event. I'm sure Metzler's will be a frequent provider of pre-game sustenance.

pavillion01.jpg

pavillion04.jpg

...and based on the design that I see in the second photo, you can also bring your vehicle in to be serviced before the game.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 3

...and based on the design that I see in the second photo, you can also bring your vehicle in to be serviced before the game.

I hope this is an attempt at humor.

The bay doors are a fantastic feature that allow an open air environment when the weather is really nice... you know... like in the Fall... when we play football...

Common feature (and a great one) on many new bar and grills, at least around Fort Worth (which is miles ahead of that county to the East)

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I hope this is an attempt at humor.

The bay doors are a fantastic feature that allow an open air environment when the weather is really nice... you know... like in the Fall... when we play football...

Common feature (and a great one) on many new bar and grills, at least around Fort Worth (which is miles ahead of that county to the East)

yes....and for the record I thought it was pretty funny. Flyer got it and ran with it.

I really like the design. In a lot of ways it seems pretty retro. I really like the open space....very utilitarian.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Not real sure where Flyer is getting his info regarding the catering, etc. as all those plans have not be finalized as yet, but he is correct that plans are to have both food and beverage service available when the Pavilion opens. The Pavilion is not air conditioned, so the big doors and fans will be great for fall football and other events planned for the Pavilion. rather than the lube joint as the EPA probably would nix that, I was thinking we could lease it out to Tim Love for a Love Shack...already has the doors!

The pavilion is a great addition to the other benefits attached to being a member of the UNT Alumni Association. It should prove to be a great meeting place and tailgate/hangout area before games...big screen TV's should be nice as well. I hope everyone will come by and utilize the Alumni Pavilion during game days. Annual memberships are not expensive. A single annual membership costs $40...a joint annual membership costs $50. best deal going is a life membership at $500 for a single and $600 for a joint membership. Doesn't take many years for you to come out ahead on the life membership.

And, just a note...as I am also a life member of the Oklahoma State Alumni Assoc., I was notified recently that OSU life memberships are going to be $1000 starting soon. So, as with most things at UNT these days, the membership costs for the UNT Alumni Association are really at bargain pricing. How long they will stay that way is any one's guess. Might want to consider stepping up to a life membership in the UNT Alumni Association before membership level costs are raised. Just sayin.....

See you at the pavilion on Sept. 10th!

GO MEAN GREEN!

• Upvote 1

Wal-Mart uses those "big ass fans"(I love the name) in a lot of their newer stores in their outdoor departments. They are very impressive to see in action.

Their Link

I learned about these at an industry convention and trade show when I happened upon their booth. The fans are unbelievably quiet and move a lot of air. Their pitchman at the convention was William "The Refrigerator" Perry who was signing caps with their logo on it.

The fans are powered by the wind that blows through when the garage doors are open. The power generated by the indoor wind turbines turns on the lights. Near the lights are solar panels that power the mean green margarita machine on game days. This system saves us 30% on utilities. beware of decapitation.

Edited by Green2012
  • Upvote 3

As soon as i graduated i got an alumni membership....looking forward to using this pavalion....anyone know if we can bring in a guest and how much that would cost?

Yes, you can definitely bring a guest. Possible charge has not been determined as yet. Rumor has it that there may be no charge for guests (within reason) for the first game. But, like I said, those details have not been formalized quite yet. Stay tuned, but I'll be glad to see you and your guest at the pavilion on Sept. 10th. And, hopefully, many more times after that.