Mean Green Fan Store

It would be cool if the team store was a year-round store so you can go shopping anytime other than crowded game days. It would also be cool if they built a smaller store at the Super Pit and open it during bball games. I WANT MORE MEAN GREEN GEAR!!

It will be a year round store, and they are planning lots of new stuff. It will also be run by the same people who run the UNT bookstore. That is run by an alum too :)

It will be a year round store, and they are planning lots of new stuff. It will also be run by the same people who run the UNT bookstore. That is run by an alum too :)

Will they sell authentic game helmets and jerseys too?

Crap. I thought they were going to have items from meangreengear.com. The bookstore has the most generic/terrible merchandise ever, and the selection has been shrinking over the years.

• Upvote 2

Will they sell authentic game helmets and jerseys too?

I heard that they would. I asked about replicas and got a shrug, seems the athletic dept. wants authentics because they think they'll sell. I don't know why it'd be an either or. While yes the authentics would sell to people on this board, there are a lot more people willing to spend $60 than $200 or so you'd think

Crap. I thought they were going to have items from meangreengear.com. The bookstore has the most generic/terrible merchandise ever, and the selection has been shrinking over the years.

Just because it is managed by the same folks that manage the book store, does that automatically mean it will have the exact same inventory? I think not. At least I hope not. Would love to see some new "stuff" in the new fan store and am optimistic about that being a reality.

GO MEAN GREEN!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just because it is managed by the same folks that manage the book store, does that automatically mean it will have the exact same inventory? I think not. At least I hope not. Would love to see some new "stuff" in the new fan store and am optimistic about that being a reality.

GO MEAN GREEN!

I had a pretty in depth conversation with RV at the Dallas Coaches Caravan about merchandising. He told me that they just hired a new guy that is dedicated to purchasing GOOD gear. I brought the lack of gear at stores like Rally House Texas, and he said they are making phone calls and working on that. Furthermore, RV said that NIKE is coming in to displace UA, but NIKE doesn't stock our green. However, NIKE has made a promise to get OUR green. Many good things on the horizon. most importantly RV stressed to us that we HAVE TO BUY THE GEAR WHEN WE SEE IT OUT THERE.

I had a pretty in depth conversation with RV at the Dallas Coaches Caravan about merchandising. He told me that they just hired a new guy that is dedicated to purchasing GOOD gear. I brought the lack of gear at stores like Rally House Texas, and he said they are making phone calls and working on that. Furthermore, RV said that NIKE is coming in to displace UA, but NIKE doesn't stock our green. However, NIKE has made a promise to get OUR green. Many good things on the horizon. most importantly RV stressed to us that we HAVE TO BUY THE GEAR WHEN WE SEE IT OUT THERE.

calling BS on that. You are telling me that none of these colors work?

Nike Green Shirts

Nike Green Shirts

Seriously, what are you suggesting?

The UNT identity guide has specific codes for the green. They probably passed them along to Nike and, despite some close greens passing the "eye" test, were adamant about a match. I hope that's the case: I commend marketing and branding for finally taking a stand on our colors. Perhaps...perhaps...we can finally expect some consistency around here?

If people (not necessarily you) want to play another anti-MGN conspiracy theory, lets discuss how freakin' long Nike might take to release it. You know, because UNT is so high on the national scale pecking order of college athletics. :(

Edited by greenminer

Seriously, what are you suggesting?

The UNT identity guide has specific codes for the green. They probably passed them along to Nike and, despite some close greens passing the "eye" test, were adamant about a match. I hope that's the case: I commend marketing and branding for finally taking a stand on our colors. Perhaps...perhaps...we can finally expect some consistency around here?

If people (not necessarily you) want to play another anti-MGN conspiracy theory, lets discuss how freakin' long Nike might take to release it. You know, because UNT is so high on the national scale pecking order of college athletics. :(

I guess the eye test is where I fail because if our helmet color is what the unis will look like (not saying they will be) then it would appear that Baylor and Oregon's color is spot on.

Nike Green Shirts

I'm just quoting RV. UNT90Grad was there. i guess it just isn't the 3exact green that the school wanted. I guess we will see when the season starts up. I haven't seen any AWESOME Nike gear for us yet, but I did buy the one L/S tshirt I saw at Voertman's.

I'm just quoting RV. UNT90Grad was there. i guess it just isn't the 3exact green that the school wanted. I guess we will see when the season starts up. I haven't seen any AWESOME Nike gear for us yet, but I did buy the one L/S tshirt I saw at Voertman's.

I am UNT 90 Grad and I approve this message.

• Upvote 1

Can anyone confirm that our helmets will be the dark green? I was told they will be the exact green that was on them during the DD years.

From the limited pics I've seen, it doesn't look like Dickey era green, it looks brighter.

ok here is the response i got from UNT. we will have some gear available in green for the fall but it will be limited because the change was made in January and most orders for merchandise have to be placed in late Novermber or early December with Nike. Nike will be adding our color, Kelly Green, to their regular color palette in 2012. So, there will be a lot more and a wider variety of gear for purchase. that is from UNT directly.

• Upvote 1

ok here is the response i got from UNT. we will have some gear available in green for the fall but it will be limited because the change was made in January and most orders for merchandise have to be placed in late Novermber or early December with Nike. Nike will be adding our color, Kelly Green, to their regular color palette in 2012. So, there will be a lot more and a wider variety of gear for purchase. that is from UNT directly.

Wait for it...wait for it.....armchair quarterbacking to start soon........