Mean Green Fan Store

ok here is the response i got from UNT. we will have some gear available in green for the fall but it will be limited because the change was made in January and most orders for merchandise have to be placed in late Novermber or early December with Nike. Nike will be adding our color, Kelly Green, to their regular color palette in 2012. So, there will be a lot more and a wider variety of gear for purchase. that is from UNT directly.

Obviously Nike is sourcing their goods from somewhere overseas if the lead time is so great.

Obviously Nike is sourcing their goods from somewhere overseas if the lead time is so great.

They have been for at least 2 maybe 3 decades. Does this surprise you?

Irregardless, we've seen significant and measurable progress in so many areas, I'll exercise faith that we'll do it right, get what we as a University want from our vendors, and do it first class like some of our recent moves have been.

Just because it is managed by the same folks that manage the book store, does that automatically mean it will have the exact same inventory? I think not. At least I hope not. Would love to see some new "stuff" in the new fan store and am optimistic about that being a reality.

GO MEAN GREEN!

Unfortunately, since it is managed through an exclusive contract by the same non-University commercial house as the bookstore you may be lucky to get the same old stuff. They do not (can't) produce their own product so they will just be trying to buy wholesale anything they can pick up. The'll mark it up and play the middle man, which is fine. We'll just pay for it if the quality is there. Let's just hope the wholesale providers out there increase their production of UNT green, whatever that happens to be.