What To Spend That Cool 1 Million On?

Andrew

I vote for Johnny Jones salary to start.

-- Then it would not hurt to paint the walls in the pit green and get a new sound system would it....? And how about taking out the bar around the pit near the court and adding 2 more rows of seats that can touch the floor. Let the fans closer to the action.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If RV wants to spend that money improving property that the Athletics Department doesn't own or control... I've been meaning to retile the shower.

Agreed. But it'd definitely help the AD to make some updates to the pit. I also call for some new tiling in the bathrooms, a pro-shop and a ticket window.

• Upvote 1

If RV wants to spend that money improving property that the Athletics Department doesn't own or control... I've been meaning to retile the shower.

That has nothing to do with it.... would you not want an improved pit seeing as how we cannot afford a new arena now for a while.... and be able to pack it up. People are still wondering how we are going to pack our new football stadium with the product we put out there. Why not bring it to the balll team where something happens

I'm sure the money will just be used for general athletics. If it were put into something for basketball specifically, I'd like to see LED boards along the court. Save one panel for the score on each side, and put advertisements on the rest. Throw some "make some noise" type things in there in appropriate situations.

For the Pit, I think the only serious upgrade needed is to reinforce the roof and put up a center scoreboard. From what I hear, it would cost a lot (as in way more than the $1m donation), but it's needed.

Funny how that works... UNT "opened up the check book" as they have said for the new head coach plus quality assistants... and in 1 donation they have recouped all or most of their entire first year coaches payroll...

Wonder what those donations might look like once we actually start to win on a consistent basis?

Edited by chrisfisher

If we can't put a center hung scoreboard, why can't we simply upgrade the video boards on each side of the Pit? No matter where you sit it's hard to watch the video screens cause the resolution is so low. Bigger and HD boards are a must!

The HD screens will only be as good as the cameras used to film the games.

Peter Gibbons: What would you do if you had a million dollars?

Lawrence: I'll tell you what I'd do, man: two chicks at the same time, man.

Peter Gibbons: That's it? If you had a million dollars, you'd do two chicks at the same time?

Lawrence: Damn straight. I always wanted to do that, man. And I think if I were a millionaire I could hook that up, too; 'cause chicks dig dudes with money.

Peter Gibbons: Well, not all chicks.

Lawrence: Well, the type of chicks that'd double up on a dude like me do.

Peter Gibbons: Good point.

Lawrence: Well, what about you now? what would you do?

Peter Gibbons: Besides two chicks at the same time?

Lawrence: Well, yeah.

Peter Gibbons: Nothing.

Lawrence: Nothing, huh?

Peter Gibbons: I would relax... I would sit on my ass all day... I would do nothing.

Lawrence: Well, you don't need a million dollars to do nothing, man. Take a look at my cousin: he's broke, don't do sh*t.

• Upvote 1